PDA

View Full Version : What's the next step

neil_1821
26th Nov 2007, 16:26
Well i got my exam results back thursday just gone and i'm more than happy to say i've passed all my theory exams, which i never thought i'd do.

Well that aside, i'm now looking at continuing the practical flying side of the training during the new year after my jaw operation. I know i'm not able to fly for 6 weeks after the operation but it doesn't put me back too far.

Now i have been told that before i can commence my CPL and any other form of training i need to achieve 150 hours of flying. Is this true?

I have been recommended a school in california to do my hour building, and i only really need about another 50 hours or so to get to this target.

Can someone possibably layout what they think is the best way of tackling the next stage, and places of recommendation to carry out the CPL training etc?

Thanks

Neil

Re-Heat
26th Nov 2007, 16:47
You've embarked on training but don't know the requirements???

You don't state your country of origin / licence issue - if UK, licence requirements are within the sticky links at the top of the forum

YYZ
26th Nov 2007, 16:54
I am indeed amazed, you really need to sit down and read what to do next, there are several threads on this, although not from people as far into it all as you!
You can also go around the schools and ask questions, you really need to do this asap before it's too late.

YYZ

A and C
26th Nov 2007, 17:25
Neil please check your PM's.

Nichibei Aviation
26th Nov 2007, 17:26
I wouldn't go to the US (supposing you live in Europe) for 50 hours.
The airline ticket already wouldn't make it worth doing that.

If you go there fly at least 100 or 200.
You do need the 150 hours before commencing the CPL.

Be aware, you have to inform the guys who deliver the Medicals that you are undergoing a surgery with a physical inaptitude during X weeks.
They will then tell you if or not you need to go there for a check.

neil_1821
26th Nov 2007, 17:53
Thanks for that, i do know i need to inform the medical side of things, and i did have a rough idea of the requirements i just wanted to know for definate.

And i am in the UK, and i have done the JAA exams.

I am going to be ringing up the CAA when i know the date of my operation for definate, and will probably have to go to the local checkup station to be checked over after i have healed.