PDA

View Full Version : Pressurisation sticky label + Pressurised aircraft endorsemen sticky label.

Tee Emm
26th Nov 2007, 12:22
Query.
If a pilot is endorsed (sticky label) on a pressurised aircraft does this endorsement automatically cover the pressurisation design feature -meaning that a specific separate design feature entry in addition to the type endorsement is not required? If this is correct where is the authority for this?

morno
26th Nov 2007, 12:32
No, seperate pressurisation endorsement sticky label is needed.

morno

Bendo
26th Nov 2007, 21:06
Same as CSU and RG (and SKI and floaties and...)

Icarus53
27th Nov 2007, 00:36
I once had a CASA guy tell me that if you had the aircraft endorsement but not the design feature endorsement, you could fly the aircraft as long as you didn't use the design feature - ie, you can fly a Be76 as long as you don't retract/extend the landing gear!!!

Although this makes no sense practically, it is the letter of the law! I've got a t least one friend whose instructor didn't realise this (or forgot about it) and he ended up one endorsement short when he went to CASA. Just an extra bit of paperwork to be completed, but goes to show you need to know what you're getting when you pay for training!

Peter Fanelli
27th Nov 2007, 01:57
I once had a CASA guy tell me that if you had the aircraft endorsement but not the design feature endorsement, you could fly the aircraft as long as you didn't use the design feature - ie, you can fly a Be76 as long as you don't retract/extend the landing gear!!!

What complete and utter crap. Wouldn't be the first time a mermaid hasn't had a ferking clue what he was talking about. By that logic you can fly a float plane as long as you land it on a runway, or a tailwheel aircraft as long as you park it on it's nose. Maybe even a twin as long as you only start one engine.

Morons!

No doubt airforce training at its best!

Tee Emm
27th Nov 2007, 05:35
Rang CASA FCL. They confirmed it was a requirement for the pressurisation system sticky label to be placed in the pilots log book despite the type or class endorsement being entered as well.

Thanks for the info on these pages though - the FCL man was very helpful and informative. Ex military.

bizzybody
27th Nov 2007, 06:03
I think it used to be the case. I met somebody once and he has it as a seperate thing.

Hows this.
You get an endorsement on a C310 and i think you still get 340 also but it doesnt mean you can fly it.

Monopole
27th Nov 2007, 07:09
You get an endorsement on a C310 and i think you still get 340 also but it doesnt mean you can fly itI thought it was the other way around.... You get a C340 endo and it covers you for the C310 :confused:

I thought these days if you were endorsed on an a/c that was pressurized then you did not require a pressurization rating. In the same vane that you no longer require a BGT course before flying turbines.

Defenestrator
27th Nov 2007, 07:46
Correct Monopole, if you're rated on the C-402 it gives you the C-401 through C-404 group. If rated for pressurised types then it also gives you C-411 through C-421. Similarly, if your get endorsed on the C-421 and it's your first pressurised type then you'll get a sticky covering you for the whole C-400 piston series and a separate sticky for the pressurisation feature.
Eg, got a B-58 endorsement? With the pressurisation endorsement you are now covered for the B-58P.
Least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Would gladly offer reference to the CAR/CAO but don't have a copy handy.
Tailwinds
D:ok:

TinKicker
27th Nov 2007, 08:25
Hi Guys,
for those looking for the references, here they are:
It starts at CAR 1988 5.79 (PPL)
(1) Subject to subregulation (2), a private pilot (aeroplane) licence does
not authorise the holder of the licence to fly an aeroplane as pilot in
command, or as co-pilot, unless the holder also holds:
(a) a type endorsement or class endorsement; and
(b) if the aeroplane has a special design feature—a special design
feature endorsement;
that authorise the holder to fly the aeroplane in that capacity.
For the higher licences, delete private pilot and insert the applicable licence type (CPL - CAR1988 5.106 & ATPL - CAR1988 5.167)
The endorsements can be found in the CAO's 40.1.0 to be specific.
Tinkicka

Spotlight
27th Nov 2007, 08:51
More to the point!

Rather than dreaming on about B58s and B58Ps the question is:

Do you need Pressurization as a special design feature listed on your CASA pilots licence, even though you have an endorsement on a pressurized type?

In my experience overseas in gaining another ICAO Licence: MY WORD YOU DO.

Howard Hughes
27th Nov 2007, 09:22
I have two pressurised aircraft types on my licence, I asked the very same question of CASA and was told that no sticky label was required!:rolleyes:

The impression I got from CASA was that the pressurisation design feature covered you for aircraft which aren't covered by a specific endorsement ie: C210. I suspect however that should I try to fly say a C340, as I am endorsed for C310/320 then questions may be asked...:ooh:

PPRuNeUser0182
27th Nov 2007, 10:59
I had the same issue once and went to visit CASA and I was advised that the aircraft I had done the training on was the only one I was to fly pressurised, of course until they whipped up another sticky label for Pressurisation which they then said now covers me to go and fly a pressurised 210, as HH mentions, and the like.

ga_trojan
27th Nov 2007, 11:16
I held a pressurisation endorsement when I did a C310 endorsement and as a result received a C340 endorsement as well, without touching the aeroplane. I believe the same goes for a C402/C421 as well.

The pressurisation design feature endo covers you for all aircraft with that design feature.