PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory Lifespan

miket_68
26th Nov 2007, 10:20
Hi all.
Looking to spread out my ATPL theory (rather than the usual can I do it all in 3 months request).
Are there any time restrictions on them.
I know that they have a life of 36 months from the time of passing the last exam, for the issue of CPL.
Is there a restriction on how long between the 1st exam and the last exam.
My reasoning is financial. I dont want to get the the point where I pass all my ATPL subjects, then the clock starts ticking on the 36 months, when I am still financially unable to start the Hour building / CPL course.
Unforunately I signed up with BGS whilst in the process of sorting out the finances, only to find I came up short.
Will they start chasing me to book the revision / exams after 6 months, or dop they wait for you to contact them ?
If I do module 1 March / April 08, can I then wait (as the funds build) and take module 2 in 09 /10 ?
Or Can I wait to start taking the exams until I am ready ?
Mike

All Up Weight
26th Nov 2007, 11:05
BGS will be relaxed about this - it'll be up to you to book the revision course when you feel the time is right although best to give a few months notice to be sure of a place on the course.
Think I'm right in saying that the CAA 18mth rule kicks in after you take your first ATPL exams i.e. after your Mod 1's with Bristol, you then have 18mths in which to pass the Mod 2 subjects. No rules on how long to take on the Mod 1's however keep up a good pace otherwise taking too long may result in the earlier study becoming a little hazy. Hope this helps.