PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Air Intergration- Freighter Ops To Cease

Three Bear
26th Nov 2007, 03:29
For those that beleived the CX management moves to Dragon Air would see the woes of the aircrew addressed it would seem that the out of the box solution is as follows.

1. As of April 08 the 747 Dragon Air Cargo operation will cease.
2. All Dragon Air freighter crew will merge with CX and fly green tail aircraft.

Essentially this means that there will be Direct Entry Captains flying CX pax 747-400 with the convenient cessation of ASL and the removal of the FACA.

Great for carreer progression within the CX ranks(tongue firmly in cheek), also it would then give the freighter crew joining CX the ability to apply for TEMP/PERMANENT bases of which the KA airbus HKG report crew will not have access too.

Seems that I am no longer "Back on Board". Staggering!!!

fire wall
26th Nov 2007, 05:41
"Essentially this means that there will be Direct Entry Captains flying CX pax 747-400"

...and the fairy's reside under the bushes

Lowkoon
26th Nov 2007, 07:45
So the guys that joined under the ban, not going to use the s word, get offered direct entry into cathay, with hkg bases! Forget about "back on board". You would have to think there is absolutely zero chance of getting the guys out of CC now... :hmm:

Very Tired
26th Nov 2007, 08:04
If CX take the FCS pilots, it will likely just be the UK based ones. The ban breakers are all on HKG contracts.

So who is the biggest fight going to be between? DPA and CX management or DPA v AOA? It won't be pretty!

Lowkoon
26th Nov 2007, 08:33
So, cx would just take jumbos and the fcs guys? You think they will just leave the hkro guys in KA? Doubt it. They have a new hkg freighter package over there now remember? DPA vs AOA? When the AOA represents a majority of cx pilots, then we will talk! :E

As for the KA pilots not in the DPA, time for your parasitic days of profitting off the subs of your mates to end. :mad: If you are a conscientious objector, then feel free not to accept the new contract they have negotiated for you. No takers? Didnt think so. :mad:

Nullaman
26th Nov 2007, 08:42
For those that beleived the CX management moves to Dragon Air would see the woes of the aircrew addressed it would seem that the out of the box solution is as follows.

1. As of April 08 the 747 Dragon Air Cargo operation will cease.
2. All Dragon Air freighter crew will merge with CX and fly green tail aircraft.

Three Teddies

Your source?

Five Green
26th Nov 2007, 14:58
Essentially this means that there will be Direct Entry Captains flying CX pax 747-400 with the convenient cessation of ASL and the removal of the FACA.
Maybe direct entry freighter Captains. However as Direct entry Captains (on any fleet) are not allowed under our contract they will be RAPID COMMAND slots. So the Captains will have to do a course in the right hand seat and hope that they do not piss anyone off and then maybe they get the left seat.

Of course I have been wrong before.

Last time we did this was with the integration of Air Hong Kong guys. In that case I think the number of Captains who actually kept the left seat was really really low. There are still a few ex Air Hong Kong Captains who have not made the transition back to the left seat.

As for fighting with the AOA, not going to be too upset as we are hiring direct entry (Rapid Command) on to the freighter right now anyway. The good thing with the KA situation, at least you guys are bringing your own airplanes !!!

Cheers

csd
26th Nov 2007, 15:15
Last time we did this was with the integration of Air Hong Kong guys. In that case I think the number of Captains who actually kept the left seat was really really low. There are still a few ex Air Hong Kong Captains who have not made the transition back to the left seat.
If we are talking about the mid 2002 integration, there was only one person who was moved from left to right seat. Others requested to move from left to right to operate the pax fleet as Hong Kong based F/O's due to rostering / lifestyle / salary issues.

A. Le Rhone
26th Nov 2007, 21:25
Whoa, settle down...

There is one very big difference between KA and ASL.
Dragonair is/was a standalone airline WITH ITS OWN AIRCRAFT.
Should any of the crews (Airbus or Boeing pilots) ever come over to CX Freight or Mainline it will only be because KA aircraft are being repainted in CX colours. Nobody is losing out here.

All crews must retain their rank (why would any Captains ever move to the RHS of their own aircraft) but even then KA FO's could potentially see their times to command blow out.

Eventually, I suspect all crews will move to CX but don't forget that as yet this whole issue is an UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR anyhow.

dragon501
27th Nov 2007, 01:21
It's sad to see that as always we are our own worst enemy.......

We fight like kids, 'the management' laughs.........

And Then
27th Nov 2007, 02:59
Are you suggesting KA pilots destroyed the 400F operation ?

I suggest the facts are the Hong Kong Report contract, greedily imposed by a bonus hungry management team, has cost the Group many million dollars.

This is a disaster. You would think more management sackings pending ?

dragon501
27th Nov 2007, 03:47
And then... Was that directed at me? I meant we all bitch here against eachother.. My plane is bigger then yours, your boys can't fly our planes etc.. CX bought us so let's get it over and done with. It's gonna hurt anyway so rather have it now than in 5-6 years when there are 800 SO's ahead of us...

Anyways, weather is too nice to keep typing so greetings ;-)

Lowkoon
27th Nov 2007, 12:05
Dragon501, you must have typed that before the s#itosphere descended on hkg this afternoon!

Busbert
27th Nov 2007, 13:05
ROTFLMFAO at Kitsune.
:)

...who went and deleted his post. :confused:

And Then
27th Nov 2007, 21:04
Dragon501

The snivelling and insecure behaviour you refer to is quite commonplace in the CX ranks. And you want to integrate with these folks ? And at the bottom of their list ?

We have plenty to offer. So much so I reckon the company would prefer to keep the ranks seperate. ;)

dragon501
28th Nov 2007, 00:54
Mooorning I would of course prefer to stay SEPERATE!!! Just think that it might be unavoidable in the long run..

What did CX do to Air HK? Chopped them and put em @ the bottom or what? I dunno....

Sunny again.. Mind you I don't have harbour view ;-)