PDA

View Full Version : Impulse/Airconnex to recruit very soon!

Mr Seatback 2
17th Dec 2001, 14:07
Thought you'd all like to know the deal with Impulse/Airconnex and their recruitment:

Recruitment slated for January/February...possibility of 100 new f/a's based out of new base in Brisbane (with openings at Sydney and Melbourne)...

New 717's to arrive next year to beef up frequencies for QantasLink...

We are now a fully owned subsidiary of Qantas, just like Eastern for example...

Send your resumes, with cover letter and photo to:

Michelle Despas
Manager HR Flight Crew
Impulse Airlines
Eleventh St
Mascot NSW 2020

Best of luck to all of you - cloud nine, dreams, keg, et al!

cloud nine
17th Dec 2001, 15:25
:D Mr Seatback,

What good news :D ;) That is so exciting for all of us.
I'm wondering though, I hope you have the answer to this...I have a QA rejection letter dated Aug 7th 2001, it clearly states that I can not reapply for a period of 6months fomm that date. What do you think my chances are of getting an interview with Impulse or QA LINK? :confused:

Le Pilot
17th Dec 2001, 15:53
If you were rejected by QF mainline or any of the QF Link operators that's OK but if your rejection was from Impulse in the last 6 months then you might need to send a few more "I'm still interested letters"
If you know one of the head honcho's like Pelita, Melissa or Michelle herself then you've got the job.
Good luck

Mr Seatback 2
18th Dec 2001, 13:00
If you were rejected by QF Mainline (short haul or long haul), that DOES NOT affect your applications to any of the QantasLink companies (Eastern, etc)...

Rumour growing by the day!!

cloud nine
18th Dec 2001, 13:19
YIPEE SKIPEEE!!!!! I'm in with a chance :D ;) :cool:
Thanks for the info!!!!

dreams
19th Dec 2001, 13:23
thanks for the info, mr seatback2 i have applied so i just have to wait, do u think i should call to show my interest???
dreams

cloud nine
19th Dec 2001, 13:44
Dreams...a call may be a good idea, just to find out when exactly they have in mind for the interviews. But honestly we all know from the VB process that a call/e mail will not win any brownie points....sad but true.... :rolleyes:

Mr Seatback 2
20th Dec 2001, 09:32
Probably not a good idea to ring them - place is a madhouse right now and recruitment is the LAST thing they'd want to discuss (HEAPS of things for the people in HR to do right now...)

Whilst ringing an airline - any airline - regarding recruitment is a good idea in THEORY, in reality it's a different story. Airlines - QF especially now - are bombarded daily with "How do I apply to be an air hostess?" type questions...and it drives HR departments worldwide INSANE. Which is why airlines have places like the Results Centre, Flight Dux, and StaffCV in place - to provide general information on how to apply etc to each airline (not free, but not much is these days!)

I'd love to give you all an exact date for recruitment, but with all that's going on in Airconnex right now, I - and dare I say HR - couldn't tell you...once we know when the aircraft are due to arrive FOR CERTAIN, then I'll give you a better update.

Best thing for all to do is simply apply, where you're more than likely to go on a database to be called up as the interviews occur!

Good luck to all! Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a FANTASTIC new year! Expect to see you all upstairs in the near future (Oh, and if anyone other than me is flying to Hobart on Christmas Day, I'm the one with the red hat handing lollies out to everyone in the cabin!!)

smile
23rd Dec 2001, 04:29
Kely, If you need any info on Eastern, have a search around the site for Biscuit Chuckers email adress. he used to work for them before he started with mainland QF and knows everything!!! :)

Mr Seatback 2
23rd Dec 2001, 05:47
HI Kely!

You might say I know a bit about Eastern - have a good friend of mine who flies for them - that and the fact I went thru their interview process twice (medical, security check included) and they STILL refused me! So congratulations to making it thru!

If I were in your position, then yes, I would take the Eastern option (even though it is a 12 month contract). Interestingly enough, this is the first I have had of them employing contract workers (then, with all the changes, cutbacks, etc happening in the QF Group, I'm not surprised). They also apparently employ casuals...Better off taking the contract - at least you'd know what you were doing for the next 12 months (and there is the possibility of being offered permanent full time down the track)...although that isn't always guaranteed!

Yes I am an F/A - it took me 3 years and 11 interviews (yes, 11) before Impulse Airlines took me in - just as I joined, they began as a contractor for QantasLink (similar to National Jet Systems), then 3 months later, QF bought out Impulse and we're now fully owned just like Eastern, Sunstate, etc...

Have a search on the site for Biscuit Chucker like smile said - should be able to give you the deal on what's happening there and in QF mainline!