PDA

View Full Version : Working in Asia

Le Pilot
16th Dec 2001, 19:19
There is a requirement in an East Asian Airline for 30 Cabin Crew for a 2 year contract...some Pursers & 15 Junior Crew (Straight of the Street) Must speak English as a first language or as good as.
I was interested in finding out what kind of salary (in USD)crew would be willing to accept per month if accommodation and utilities are covered. Living expenses are the lowest in Asia...this will probably give away the country.
Please post your ideas. :)

Cart_tart
16th Dec 2001, 22:33
Hmmm....
I'd say about $1,000 a month for the junior crew and about $1,400 a month for Pursers if there were no allowances. If there were allowances you could probably bring it down to about $700 and $1,100 for Pursers providing there was an additional pursers allowance. I am talking USD w/ all figures.
Accommodation would have to be first class, with transport to and from work provided. Medical insurance etc would also have to be provided, as well as a ticket home annually.
I must say though that I would personally be a little worried working for an Asian airline after all the horror stories I've heard from Pilots (who have worked for a few) re their maintenance. To be completely honest, the conditions would have to be BRILLIANT to get me to go work there, but then again I have a good flying job here.

theunknown
17th Dec 2001, 00:43
so come on who are they??

Le Pilot
17th Dec 2001, 15:29
Cart_Tart

Thx 4 the reply you're in the ballpark...And it includes accomodation and Transport on all company duty...All meals supplied at the Hotels.
After each rotation of Duty they have a coupon system (You can redeem them for cash at the end of the month) A/C B767 & B737 (All less than 3 years old)
Very safe place with only the occasional bag snatcher.
You are probably looking at about US$800-900/month for Brand new crew and about US$1200-1350 for pursers. This is not a hardship contract.
And will be advertised soon in Australia, Malaysia and possibly Canada.

Pilot safety!
Well I've worked for a few and these guys are extremely cautious in their approach to any new venture...So that's a start.
Keep you posted.
:)

Cart_tart
17th Dec 2001, 15:41
Well you've got me interested Le Pilot!!! ;)
I'll keep my eye out for the ad...I'm presuming it will be Friday's Australian and/or all major locals?

Le Pilot
17th Dec 2001, 16:09
Cart_Tart
This contract will go ahead whether we get it or not.
We do have first option.
Otherwise any genuinely interested Party can contact me at [email protected]
Cheers

cloud nine
17th Dec 2001, 16:10
Why all the suspense??? :eek: ;)
I'm already loosing sleep over this???LOL
Can we have more clues please????

tenkotimes
17th Dec 2001, 17:24
Asda is a fine supermarket and I am sure that they have several vacancies over the Christmas period. I suggest contacting your local store manager.

allianceair
18th Dec 2001, 21:00
Its Vietnam airlines!

Xenia
19th Dec 2001, 08:39
US $ 1200-1350 as a purser?? :rolleyes: and in Asia??? :eek: :eek:
Uhmmm...I wouldn't even dream to push a trolley for that amount!!!! :D