PDA

View Full Version : Air Vanuatu pilot ads

mates rates
25th Nov 2007, 09:45
I see Air Vanuatu are looking for 737-300 pilots.Anybody know anything about this operation?Who runs the flight Dept. etc.Would be interested in your comments.

Windy Chester
25th Nov 2007, 10:16
Dont know how many responses they will get, as their email link doesnt seem to work.

pervert
25th Nov 2007, 20:39
Welcome to Air Vanuatu!

cnic
25th Nov 2007, 20:46
Don't even think about it unless you are desperate for hours, Terry Kerr is not someone you ever want to work for. I'd go for the middle east long before Airvan.

celco
25th Nov 2007, 23:19
Dito what he said...... Cinic knows trust him

Ralph the Bong
26th Nov 2007, 01:31
What are the T&Cs like?

pervert
26th Nov 2007, 08:09
There is already 2 Qantas Capt's and 2 Qantas FO's working over the next few months while some training is taking place. Apparently the Qantas boy's are lining up for it. :ugh:

RootCheck
27th Nov 2007, 20:16
Can a current AirVan employee post basic T&Cs and a typical roster and basings etc pls?
cheers

OhForSure
28th Nov 2007, 10:56
I understand their -800 comes early next year. Would this explain why there are NF guys training and QF guys replacing them on a temporary basis?

If that truly is the case with management, its a shame... seems to be some nice guys working there.

pervert
29th Nov 2007, 23:42
A normal roster will have you working anything from 10-20 days a month depending on who has leave and how many on the roster, Everyone is Vila based (some commute). You can expect to be home most nights currently there are only 2 over nights per week on in BNE one in HIR. You will be told that you are ALWAYS on standby and are exspected to drop everthing and come to work if you get the call, but that doesn't happen often. You get around 14 days sick leave a year but your not allowed to go sick. FO's will start on around 70G's and Cpt's on about 120G's if the Dollar dosen't get any stronger because you will be paid in Vatu.

You can also expsect to be broken into a few times a year pay through the nose to send you kids to school.

can't think of anything else.... any questions?

lordofthewings
30th Nov 2007, 01:05
$70g and $120g aus tax free dollars..

_SKYGOD_
30th Nov 2007, 04:13
average rate for captain is 140k aus(depending on exchange rate), tax free. plus overnight allowances and dta, medical and a whopping 4% super.

when full crew complement 10-11 days per month.

v hot in summer. the most expensive electricity in the world.

stormpetrel
30th Nov 2007, 08:22
Have you worked for them/him before? Can you elaborate as to why it would be so bad. I resently spoke to them about work on the smaller buses. Do you think I might be making a mistake? :suspect:

rexxxxxy
1st Dec 2007, 13:18
They are getting a 737-800 in Jan from Boeing.

Vanuatu is a good place to live and work from my experience. It's very laid back and still very third world but it's only ever 2.5 hours from BNE so if you need to get back it's relatively easy.

The majority of the captains have been around for a long time and very experienced with pacific flying. Don't think progression would be great but great time to spend a few years flying around the pacific.

Having said all that - if you get a start with VB or QF take that!

Out of curiosity – where was the ad?

Capt Coco
1st Dec 2007, 13:30
In Fridays Australian, maybe a week or two ago