PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Domestic Cabin Crew AWA's????

OldBoiler
25th Nov 2007, 03:18
I believe the latest Jetstar domestic groundschool were given AWA's from the company "Team Jetstar":yuk:. Does anyone have any further information on this? And going by the landslide victory of the fabulous Rudd Labour Govt, what effect do you think this will have on the current International AWA's and the domestic ones they had ready to go? I guess the QF castle wont be too happy to see the Labour govt win? Hahahahahaha:D

futureflier
25th Nov 2007, 05:55
I was just going to post something similar in the jetstar wannabe thread! It would be interesting to see what they do...I'm hoping they abolish it and retain the EBA's because I'm thinking of joining them next year!
Interesting times ahead I reckon!

jqfella
25th Nov 2007, 06:42
I was extremely happy last night when Rudd was swept into power,:D for the future of ALL cabin crew in Australia. Bet Dixon and Joyce wouldnt be to happy this morning!!!!!:D

neville_nobody
25th Nov 2007, 07:42
Guys I wouldn't be to cocky as of yet. Rudd has written many cheques that he won't be able to cash, IR is one of them. Climate change is another.

I would suggest that Rudd will come out saying either one of two things:
They will change the IR laws but will grant exemptions for necessary industries. This has already been hinted at for the mining industry by Rudd and the very next day Geoff Dixon was out asking for an exemption too.

Or alternatively nothing will change and they will blame it all on the opposition saying it is such a mess the won't be able to change anything and it's all John Howard's fault for devising such terrible laws.

How will all you Labor folk be feeling when they change the IR laws but discover that it doesn't apply to aviation?!!:}:}

Capn Bloggs
25th Nov 2007, 11:54
Well get on that computer NN and start lobbying the 2IC of Labor to stop this necessary-industry bull****. Dixon et al have had their fun, now it's the workers turn.

I'm Driving
25th Nov 2007, 18:55
Doesn't even seem the mining industry is counting on exemptions. Even so, this article really illustrates that Big Business is not comfortable.

http://business.smh.com.au/business-anxious-over-ir/20071125-1cq9.html

ShesGreatintheGalley
26th Nov 2007, 00:08
The latest ground school were all EBA-crew..i know that for sure after talking to them and their trainers.
Apparently the company "Team Jetstar Pty Ltd" is a fully set up company and will employ cabin crew for JQ in a simmilar way to MAM for QF. Conditions are greatly reduced compared to those of us on an EBA - there is talk of NO maximum hour limit per duty, reduced annual leave, reduced sick leave, no staff travel on QF, discretionary staff travel on JQ at the discretion of Mgmt only, etc etc.. Also heard that Qantas are going to do the same thing with a company called "QF Crew Pty Ltd" but havent heard much more than that.

Would be interesting to see the actual contracts - so far its all heresay on the conditions.. the Team Jetstar PtyLtd bit is confirmed as its searchable on the net... interesting times ahead..