PDA

View Full Version : Sky Air Crew

dash 27
23rd Nov 2007, 22:11
Sorry, and I do Appologise, (cos they mean different things in Oz politics - Happy Voting Today) for any wind up, but they have become a recruiting company as well now. Good luck to them, BUT the market is flooded with these recruiting companies, so the shortage cant be making them rich. And to be employed through a recruiting company, can only reduce wages more in a very average wage country. And to expect people to pay for a rating to join, when they have not a great reputation as a "potential leader" of the charter market. Who is their target market for this. Business is business. Where's their customer coming from??? Arent the HK Express express guys there already. Anyone with Jungle Jet time isn't really gonna step sideways via a recruiting company are they? Especially when Virgin is offering a career path via a bond and no recruiting company. I know Sky Air Crew and Sky Air World are one and the same, but with bigger and grander plans to be a Rishworth or the like, amongst the competition of old timers of the industry who are more aware of the shortage and have made measures to deal with that. Best of luck to them, but just look outside your superficial business plan at the real world out there. Its old school demands in a shortage environment. :} Any thoughts???

THE ORACLE
23rd Nov 2007, 23:50
Dash, I posted the following comment on the 'No AOC for SAW' thread the other day........The whole thing looks very interesting to me and somewhat reminiscent of experiences some of us had in the past with organisations such as and including the National Safety Council... time will tell!

Looking at SAW's website you get the impression that it is a very small team led by Mr. Charlton (with smiling photos and seemingly solid resumes?). Not content with the mixed success of their current ERJ170 'project', here they go again with the above advertisement. It reads like the small little team is now morphing into an arms length crewing company (SKY AIR) to provide pilots and I suppose flight attendants for the EMB 145 'project'.

As the story unfolds SAW seems to be positioning itself with a latter day Impulse Airlines business model to contract third party crewing. The question needs to be asked as to why would you bother in such a small organisation - unless the principals need the security of 'arms length' detachment from contracted crews if/when things go pear shaped!! Despite a few interesting comments from others no one has been able to answer the question of HOW SAW IS FUNDED!!!

22 November 2007
SkyAirCrewing is a leading Aviation Crewing Company supplying experienced personnel to the Aviation industry.
SkyAirCrewing, on behalf of their client are seeking endorsed flight crew for the following positions based in Australia:
ERJ-145
Check &/or Training Captains
Direct Entry Captains
&
First Officers
To be successful you must hold an ERJ-145 endorsement. SkyAirCrewing would be particularly interested in meeting with you if you also hold project and/or Flight Operations experience.
Our client will be seeking successful applicants to be Team contributors who are self motivated with a fresh, enjoyable, personal approach whilst maintaining professional integrity. Our client is a flexible employer with a results-based outlook toward its staff. You will be working with highly-trained, highly-experienced professionals with vast experience in the aviation industry. Staff development is core to our clients' corporate culture and excellent vocational training opportunities can be expected.
Business sponsorship visas will be available for the right candidates as will a competitive remuneration package.

grrowler
24th Nov 2007, 05:47
Can't answer the financing question or anything else about the company really, but I do want to make a few points.

1. As far as I am aware from speaking to people going onto the JJ at VB, it is not a bond. It is a 12 month salary sacrifice.
2. SAW are/ were bonding crew on the 170/ 190.
3. I believe they are offering in par if not in excess of VB, at least in dollar terms. This is without considering the VB salsac.

Jenna Talia
24th Nov 2007, 06:03
To be successful you must hold an ERJ-145 endorsement.

Where are they going to get already type rated pilots from? :confused:

Moniker
24th Nov 2007, 21:33
One of the Strategic Aviation directors wife had a HR company, perhaps that company has changed its trading name or formed another business purely for this aspect of SAW ops?

heywatchthis
24th Nov 2007, 21:46
Lots of aussie pilots in the USA flying EMB's for the regionals...
Did hear a rumour a while back of US based expressjet taking an interest in the Aussie regional market.

THE ORACLE
24th Nov 2007, 22:54
Hi Moniker, from your post are you saying the SAW is commercially associated with Strategic Aviation? Now that IS AN INTERESTING RUMOUR for this forum? Any real research? Any proof?

Moniker
26th Nov 2007, 10:56
Many moons ago I had dealings with Strategic, and DC was involved back then.
I am not 100% 'ofay' with who's where with what given the 2 companies. I stand by my earlier ref. to the HR company, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is what has happened.

ETOPS10
2nd Dec 2007, 02:17
Gents

Categorically you will find that SAW and Strategic are 2 separate companies - I think you will find DC's rep at Strategic is fairly low.......

THE ORACLE
6th Dec 2007, 02:52
So notwithstanding the fact that SAW are paying the lease on one ERJ170, they have now leased a second ERJ 190 and two EMB145's and all as they say in the 'brassierre business' and with no visible means of support'!!

In order to cover the costs on such exotic equipment they have to be constantly flown in revenue operations, which is what DJ will be doing with their ERJ 190/170's. If you can't keep the aircraft generating revenue 8 to 12 hours a day and 6 to 7 days a week, sooner or later you will go out of business leaving quite a mess for someone else to cleanup!!

Magoodotcom
6th Dec 2007, 07:52
Categorically you will find that SAW and Strategic are 2 separate companies - I think you will find DC's rep at Strategic is fairly low.......

...as is Strategic's at SAW!