PDA

View Full Version : JMC close Cardiff base as well as others...

Captain Chaos 747
5th Nov 2001, 00:41
Talked to some of the JMC crews things are not looking good with Cardiff, Bristol and many other bases closing and not just for the winter but they shall not be returning next summer. As far as I am aware the flight crews have been told if they wish to keep their jobs they will have to fly out of Gatwick and Manchester.

What's that button do? :(

tailscrape
5th Nov 2001, 13:01
Nothing has been confirmed yet publicly yet, as far as i know.

However, we were told that EMA was staying as a base, with three other regionals to go.

So, take your pick from BRS,CWL,LTN and STN.

I would bet that STN may be the one to stay. It seems to be the up and coming airport doesn't it?

tailscrape
5th Nov 2001, 13:59
Well Well Well,

Funny old game. Just been confirmed thatit is CWL and LTN closed with immediate effect. BRS closes early next year.

STN operates as per usual next year.

So, that clears up the rumour nicely with some hard facts.

Captain Chaos 747
6th Nov 2001, 13:36
I don't often post topics unless I have the facts, it looks like JMC could be the charter company that people are talking about somewhere else on this forum that is going to go under.

Hope not as they have good bunch of people. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boulderman
6th Nov 2001, 14:54
all thats happening at jmc is the company is trying to maintain profits. unlikely that this is the charter company being spoke about on other pages as jmc is a vertically integrated company with the associated financial backing. Air 2000 for example are closing NCL base and also assessing their fleet requirements for next year. i am sure others will re organise over the next few months as well. JMC will still service the airports but probably W pattern into there from the main bases or sub charter the work

wysiwyg
6th Nov 2001, 17:53
Capt Chaos - you say you have the facts and yet you chose to post hearsay. If you have fact then let's hear it.

Captain Chaos 747
6th Nov 2001, 18:37
I think tailscrape confirmed that for me by replying the following day after I had announced it was going to happen.

He thought it was me just starting a rumour but the company has confirmed major cut backs, cabin crew out of Cardiff all laid off as well as the other regional bases that are to close.

tailscrape
6th Nov 2001, 22:55
Captain Chaos,

I posted a reply as best i guessed it. Then a fact e mail from our DFO confirmed it. We knew bases were closing , but had not been told which ones.

So that is what i meant by fact clearing up rumour. It wsnt a dig at you, because your original post was ok.

Your second and third posts however leave a lot to be desired. We at jmc will be here next year.

Go and tell your mates that and stop worrying, even though we all find it touching that you do.

toontartcart
6th Nov 2001, 23:09
heard today ncl is next. staff are walking on egg shells! if jmc withdraw ncl will be very eerie?

beamer
7th Nov 2001, 12:13
Bearing in mind that A2K have closed at Ncl
and that First Choice have declared that they
will use 'other carriers' to fly their
customers from the north-east - could it be
that these operators are coming up with
deals at other bases as well - you fly ours
from EGXX and we'll fly your's from EGXY ?

As far as Ncl is concerned - I have done a
kot of flying from there over the past few years and found it the most pleasureable and
easy base to fly from - great people despite
obsession with Black and White or Red and White shirts !

CRS
7th Nov 2001, 13:42
A2K are using BY from NCL

expedite_climb
7th Nov 2001, 14:47
No way is JMC NCL closing - its one of if not the strongest single aeroplane base !!

HiSpeedTape
10th Nov 2001, 05:42
A2K using JMC from NCL. JMC using A2K out of BRS. AIH doing their own thing, BY doing theirs.