PDA

View Full Version : Orange UK

DX Wombat
23rd Nov 2007, 16:27
Is anyone else have difficulty logging on to this site? I'm using XP and IE6 and cookies are only enabled on request so I know which I have. Any attempts I make result in a IE error screen (need to report etc) when I click "Don't send" or just the "X" it shuts it down. I can gain access to other websites by going through MSN email but any attempt to log in to Orange meets with the same problem. I haven't changed any settings, nor have I a got a virus, trojan etc.(I've run the latest AVG and Spybot)) and I haven't added any new programmes or hardware in the last few weeks. There is no sign of "Conducent" or "Timeshrink". Anyone got any bright ideas? :confused:

frostbite
23rd Nov 2007, 16:44
Try using Opera or Firefox.

ScouseGeordie
23rd Nov 2007, 16:59
Or a Mac!

Oops, sorry, wrong thread!!

DX Wombat
23rd Nov 2007, 17:05
Scouse, if you would like to buy me a Mac I wouldn't refuse your kind offer. :)The fault seems to be intermittent but more often than not it refuses to let me in. Orange has recently updated its website. :\
Frostbite, if it isn't sorted soon I might well try your suggestion. :ok:

unclenelli
24th Nov 2007, 00:10
After posting this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=300127) I phoned them to report that I couldn't gain access to outside-UK sites.
The woman (sounded like an indian call-centre) told me to reset my Winsock cache, and ping several sites
www.microsoft.com - 0%
www.bbc.co.uk - 100%
www.orange.co.uk - 0%
www.tomtom.com - 0% (satnav cannot download traffic info via mobile phone GPRS!)
www.pprune.org - 100%
My broadband doesn't work for many sites when I log on as [email protected]
The funny thing is, I also use Orange GPRS through my mobile phone on my lappy which uses a generic logon "user", password "password"
It seems as though the whole Orange IP address bank has been blacklisted by several servers across the world.
This account has the same problem and cannot access most of the internet
But, when I use my mobile for dial up using Tiscali PAYG, I can access everything (just bloody slowly!! and at 10p/min!)
Here's the tracert for MS:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\User>tracert www.microsoft.com
Tracing route to lb1.www.ms.akadns.net [207.46.192.254]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.1
2 34 ms 63 ms 34 ms l0.wfd97.planet.net.uk [62.25.195.32]
3 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms ge2-46.122.pbr-4.ewfd.as5388.net [62.25.192.90]
4 123 ms 36 ms 36 ms so-0-3-1-0.loncr4.London.opentransit.net [193.25
1.249.77]
5 326 ms 107 ms 110 ms po11-0.ashcr1.Ashburn.opentransit.net [193.251.2
40.82]
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.
Trace complete.
C:\Documents and Settings\User>
Ashburn.Opentransit.net is in Virginia USA but I can't see any further down the route.
It seems funny that 2 Orange logons have the same problem (1 broadband, and 1 GPRS) and yet Tiscali doesn't seem to be affected.
Woman from India is carryout a line check on my landline (won't find anything as the problem is also on my mobile!) and said she'd email me with the result (email doesn't work!, so she's texting me instead)
I feel a change in ISP coming on (I'll sue them if they won't let me leave as I'm still within contract period, but they breached it first by failing to provide a service which I'm paying for twice (BB & GPRS!!))

renfrew
24th Nov 2007, 08:27
If you have a look at the- orange problems-website you will find lots of people with similar problems.It's something to do with Orange changing a setting.
Earlier this year I couldn't access most websites and Orange denied any knowledge of a problem.Trying to deal with India is hopeless anyway.
There are several solutions on the above site and a local engineer eventually got me going using something called Tweakmaster.

Saab Dastard
24th Nov 2007, 08:31
unclenelli,

Please can you tell me if you get a name resolution for any of the .com sites that you can't access?

e.g. - does ping www.microsoft.com produce an IP address on screen?

Thanks

SD

Brewster Buffalo
24th Nov 2007, 14:02
I couldn't access most websites and Orange denied any knowledge of a problem.......There are several solutions on the above site and a local engineer eventually got me going using something called Tweakmaster.Same happened to me and Tweakmaster cured the problem....

Out Of Trim
26th Nov 2007, 18:20
I don't know if there is any connection - but, my brother had a problem with Orange whereby the ISP changed their settings from PPPoA to PPPoE without telling him!

So once he had changed his Router to connect using PPPoE he no longer had any problems.. Just a thought!

DX Wombat
28th Nov 2007, 09:25
Thanks everyone for your help. I managed to log in to the Orange website eventually and sent them an email.(I refuse to pay a small fortune to use the telephone helpline when it can be done free online.) Here is the reply I received:
Thank you for your email.
We understand the situation you are facing.
We advise you to reset Internet Explorer. Follow the link below for
help:
If the issue still persists, then reinstall Internet Explorer. Follow
the link below for help: *
If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to get in
contact with us again.
I didn't reinstall IE but surprise, surprise, the problem has almost disappeared since I received that email. :rolleyes:
* I've removed the links.