PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink Q400 Landing Gear problems CNS

Cool banana
23rd Nov 2007, 14:30
While transiting Cairns yesterday afternoon ( 23rd) was told that an QL Q400 had made an emergency landing yet I haven’t heard any think else about it apart from what I was told.
Sounds like Qantas Group are having a few problems with aircraft serviceability as Qantaslink have grounded an Q400 after an emergency landing into Cairns with either hydraulic or indication problems with the landing gear. The flight inbound from Townsville was forced to do an go around with the L/G problem while it was coming back to land again it using in-flight maneuvering to make sure the gears were all secured before coming back to land with fire trucks in attendance for a safe landing, the aircraft I believe it was VH-OQF as its parked away from the rest of the Sunstate fleet and is now sitting over at Bay 8 at the international terminal waiting for spares.

Does any one have any information whether it’s the same problems that the SAS aircraft did have or was it something totally unrelated?

Capt Claret
23rd Nov 2007, 14:54
Well, taxiing to B2 holding point, I didn't see any manoeuvring, go around, or unusual activity, save Safety cars making a RWY inspection after landing (the acft taxied to the bay under its own steam) to ensure there was no hydraulic oil contamination of the RWY. Only one system lost pressure/fluid, so a fairly ho hum episode, I'd have thought.

Cool banana
23rd Nov 2007, 16:00
Capt Claret thanks for clearing that up as I was told third hand about what happened.

WynSock
24th Nov 2007, 10:24
Experience the extra-ordinary Q400.
QFs answer to the E170-190.
Jet-'like' speed,
but not jets.
So you only have to pay prop wages.
More left for those shareholders (without them we'd be out of a job remember), and bonuses!

Extraordinary all right.

:}

grumpy greyhound
25th Nov 2007, 06:33
began with a couple of hydraulic sys caution lts on dep from TL and as we suspected developed into a total no2 system failure after selecting gear down on app at Cairns.GG.