PDA

View Full Version : My salary in EK

revolucionpilot
23rd Nov 2007, 05:36
Hello guys

I'm been trying to be very positive on EK. I think is somehow a great company to work with. Well organized, I have decent roster, lot of free time and Dubai at the very and is like another place. Plus I'm able to commute quite a lot and that makes it even better.
But this morning the Euro is 1.493 against the dollar and thus my 21000 F/O net salary goes to 3800 euros.That's less of my net salary in my previous job with a ****** up european carrier and on top of that I had taxes and a real and really good state pension that brought the total to almost 5600 euros.
Thus or something is going to happen quick or if the interview i have in december goes ok.....I'm very sorry but in June I'm out!
I came to Dubai for a lot of reason...not only money but still I need enough to make it worth having left my country..my house ..my friends.
And 3800 euros is far ..very far from that.

hasta luego

Ramboflyer 1
23rd Nov 2007, 07:56
If you dont like it leave................
But now i see the suckers still coming here. People used to come for 7 years or longer but now about 3 years is the limit there will be a huge turnover in EK for the forseeable future. None of the new guys seem to have long term plans with EK..
Interesting times ahead.............I also have an interview in December see you there..................

5man
23rd Nov 2007, 08:12
Speaking of money. Rumour of EY getting a pay rise have pretty much a sure thing now. So FO getting bout 30000AED and captain on 40000AED. Wonder if EK will match it or not? :confused:

PITA
23rd Nov 2007, 09:28
"Speaking of money. Rumour of EY getting a pay rise have pretty much a sure thing now." quote

The only thing that is sure in this business is
1. when it's in your pocket
2. your in the seat flying it

The rest is all CRAP..............

revolucionpilot
23rd Nov 2007, 11:50
.....exactamente ..esto esta el punto...amigo maestro del peto...
Es usted uno yankee?

PITA
25th Nov 2007, 09:18
Si' Americano

Mr. Frodo
25th Nov 2007, 10:26
Rumour of EY getting a pay rise have pretty much a sure thing now. So FO getting bout 30000AED and captain on 40000AED.

Hey 5man, is that basic or with flying allowance?

Basic now is 24,500. Flying at 85 hrs plus flying and layover allowances puts me at 30,000. :rolleyes:

5man
25th Nov 2007, 14:37
Rumoured EY had a payrise. The figure is basic pay.

Fly Guy
25th Nov 2007, 20:02
Warlock. you need to know the raise wasn't for "local pilots" only. It was for all UAE nationals in Emirates. and the increment didn't even come from Emirates Budget. It came from the Dubai Gov. SO. stop whining like a little **** about the locals and lets see ur gov take care of you like the take care of there immigrants.

safe landing every one

QNH1013
27th Nov 2007, 09:05
Go EY! I really do hope the EY guys get the rumoured Pay Rise!

Because hopefully it would mean EK will do the same :ok:

Falling Dollar, aircraft orders, UAE Inflation, Next door neighbour Pay Rise...the more factors that could possibly help a much needed salary increase here in Dubai the better :D

TwinJock
27th Nov 2007, 09:21
Heard this all before.

If you do not like it, leave. Oops, see that you are still here years later!!

High turnover of pilots at EK, yea sure! Much less than most airlines that I know!:ugh:

I am having some fun because my currency has weakened.

schismatic
3rd Dec 2007, 06:09
A quick search of the internet will show that currently Inflation is running at 15 -20% in the UAE. Goverment figures are typically optimistic.

737BBJ
3rd Dec 2007, 06:42
None of the new guys seem to have long term plans with EK..

No wonder. The aviation industry in the UAE is (way) behind the rest of the world when it comes to salary levels.

I read somewhere on this thread about a step up to F/O 30000 AED and Captain 40000 AED. Well, you can pick up a contract job in Europe which make these figures looking pale. But not everybody want to work in Europe ;)

fjordviking
3rd Dec 2007, 12:11
It`s arrogant and totally clueless locals like you who make me not miss Dubai and EK. You have no idea of what`s going on outside of your own little "paradise". I came to Dubai and EK with an open mind and good spirits, but left 4 years later totally fed up with the lack of respect for other people and the greed. What happend to "peace, love and understanding":confused:
I do miss the camping trips to Oman though, and the beer runs to the hole in the wall.