PDA

View Full Version : Jetconnect Interviews

fun and games
22nd Nov 2007, 23:14
Hello All

Can anyone give me a run down on the Jetconnect interview.

Format?

Questions?

Is there a psychometric test?

Will JCT bond pilots rather than having to pay out for type rating?

Cheers

Sqwark2000
23rd Nov 2007, 07:19
Will JCT bond pilots rather than having to pay out for type rating?

JetConnect get you to pay for half the type rating and then bond you for the other half, best of both worlds there I'm afraid.

From what I've heard, it's a simple interview/chat, no other extra exercises but I can't be certain of that.

S2K

horserun
23rd Nov 2007, 07:20
Hey!
I thought someone would have replied to you by now. I have never had a JC interview (not through lack of trying though! :ok:), but have a few mates who have. Here is what i know:
They subsidies the rating, you come up with $15,500AUD, and for that they bond you for 6 months. There is no other deal.

There is a psychometric test you do on the net before the interview.

The interview is straight forward, a couple of simple tech questions, and a dozen or so personal ones. All they are looking for is someone who is a good sort, and can do the job, not build a 737.

As I say I haven't had an interview, and I'm sure there are others out there who can tell you more.

All the best!!! It sounds like a great job.

urmama
28th Nov 2007, 20:08
F&G
You will have to do a psych test on the internet before your interview also a english comp. test involving reading a series of short articles and questions. To make sure you can actually read!
The interview is mainly HR type questions, with a few basic IF questions as well.
You will have a chat with there Dr either before or after the interview, he doesnt probe you only a few questions about your health.
$15,500aus for the type rating and your bonded for $5000kiwi for 6 months reducing from day 1.
I hope that helps!

Bongo Bus Driver
29th Nov 2007, 00:10
Can anyone give me an idea of what they actual spent getting a rating with JC? I am looking for the total cost including the rating, travel to OZ and the stay over there etc etc.

Also how long is it from starting the training to getting paid by the company?

Cheers

On Guard
29th Nov 2007, 01:18
Out of interest, what sort of hours did you have to get the interview?

SkySurfin
29th Nov 2007, 18:29
The rating cost me around $20000 kiwi total.

$17000 for rating (15500AUD)
$600 for accom (stayed at homestay close to sim $120 week, well used by guys doing the rating)
One way flight there $300 (JC payed for trip home)
Food and booze made up the rest to $20000.

Started getting payed a few days after I finished in Melbourne, so not too bad. I had around 3200 hours TT, nearly 2000 multi. Good job.

horserun
30th Nov 2007, 07:00
Hey SkySurfin
Hows the heay metal treating ya?

How many hours did you have to get your Air NZ interview? and what was your multi PIC??

SkySurfin
30th Nov 2007, 18:50
Hey horserun, new job is great..... Plenty of variation, and mostly 4 crew flights so short turnrounds and lots of rest, which is meaning plenty of time off when you get home. I had just under 4000 hours TT and 700 multi PIC, no ATPL and no Degree. I interviewed in June and since then I think there have been 4 or 5 more interviews. Plenty more slots with the transfer of freedom pilots and also the requirement for more SOs on Shanghai and LA which are also now 4 crew.

As for that accomodation I mentioned in a previous post, I have had some people request their details so here they are-

*Lee is the name of the first lady who offers homestay, she is about 60 and very nice. Her number is 0061393383648 she charges $120 per week

*The second place is slightly more geared up for pilots and run by a nice couple. It has a seperate area from the rest of the house and they also provide cooked meals. Contact Val 0061393383453, I think they charge $200 per week. Well worth the extra if you can spare the cash.

Hope this helps