PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiviing.

con-pilot
22nd Nov 2007, 20:43
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

To all of us Yanks here, Happy Thanksgiving. The turkey is in the deep fryer and the ham is almost finished cooking and I have a few spare moments to say Happy Thanksgiving to my friends.

God bless all.

:ok:

brickhistory
22nd Nov 2007, 20:46
Thank you, sir.

We are in the post-eating phase and the wimmin folk are clearing the dishes/table, so my few minutes are now, prior to a re-attack on the remaining dishes.

Thanks to all those serving in places not so comfortable.

God bless.

Foss
22nd Nov 2007, 20:47
Con, you put the turkey in a deep fryer, like deep fat fryer?? Sweet Jesus. What size is the fryer? My mind is a boggling.
Fos

pigboat
22nd Nov 2007, 20:52
Happy Thanksgiving guys.

You know, of course, it's gonna be turkey soup, turkey hash and turkey fritters for the next few days. ;)

con-pilot
22nd Nov 2007, 20:55
Foss, bloody big fryer it is. It is a kit you buy and the pot is a 10 gallon size and you cook it outside (at least if one has half a brain one does) on a propane burner at 360 degrees F. A 14 pound turkey takes an hour and 5 minutes.

Tastes great! When I win the lottery I'll send you one of the kits. :ok:

Buster Hyman
22nd Nov 2007, 21:05
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Ahh...silly me! I thought this was another Australian election thread.... ;)

Anyways, y'all have a good time doing...whatever it is you do on Thanksgiving!:ok:

con-pilot
22nd Nov 2007, 21:08
Thanks to all those serving in places not so comfortable.

Couldn't agree more Brick. :ok:

Just glad you're still with us. Still recovering from your little forced rest?

con-pilot
22nd Nov 2007, 21:13
Pigboat, don't forget turkey Tetrazzini, my favorite way to use turkey leftovers.

(Well that and turkey sandwiches.)

Foss
22nd Nov 2007, 21:43
Cheers Con, thank you but NOT cash on delivery please. ;)
By the way, best wishes go out to any of your friends, or anybody else for that matter, serving that couldn't get home.
Fos

Hawk
22nd Nov 2007, 21:44
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.Have a peaceful and enjoyable day with family and friends.
Best wishes to our American mods and members.

eastern wiseguy
22nd Nov 2007, 21:49
Happy Thanksgiving All.....Con...my wife swears by Jello salad with our turkey...is that just an Ohio thing?:confused:

or am I the victim of a mid western trick:hmm::hmm::hmm:?

con-pilot
22nd Nov 2007, 22:11
Cheers Con, thank you but NOT cash on delivery please.

Naw, that's why I said after I win the lottery. :p

Happy Thanksgiving All.....Con...my wife swears by Jello salad with our turkey...is that just an Ohio thing?

or am I the victim of a mid western trick?

I think it is a Midwestern thing. I have the same problem. :(

(Hate Jello salad.)

Foss
22nd Nov 2007, 23:00
Jelly/ jello in salad - :yuk::yuk:
That sound's absolute boke. yeach. What braincell thought that one up.
So are you meant to eat your salad with a fork and a spoon?
errr shudder
Fos

11Fan
23rd Nov 2007, 00:03
Fos,

Not so much a salad as it is Jello with something else in it. Mrs Fan's mum makes it on holidays. Consists of Lime Jello, Cottage Cheese and Pineapple. Quite good actually.

One year though she was shaking it loose from the Jello mold onto a plate over the sink and missed the plate. Right down the drain it went like it was buttered. :uhoh:

11Fan

CR2
23rd Nov 2007, 03:48
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Started "Dinner" at 2pm. Left the table at 730pm.
:ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:
:}
Buster: One gobbles Turkey in vast quantities.. :uhoh:

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Nov 2007, 05:18
One would think the bromelin in pineapple would prohibit the jello setting...:confused:

Happy Thanksgiving folks, and best wishes to all those serving away from home.:ok:

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2007, 11:55
Buster: One gobbles Turkey in vast quantities..Right, gotcha...so when does the Turkey slap come into it???:confused:

Foss
23rd Nov 2007, 12:00
11Fan
Ahhh. The mist is lifting, know what you mean now. cheers. Used to get in primary school. horrible stuff.
Fos

Gainesy
23rd Nov 2007, 12:12
Tetrazzini

Isn't that some sort of propellent they use in the Shuttle?:uhoh::confused:

Earl
23rd Nov 2007, 15:10
A little late, but Happy Thanksgiving from BKK.

MadsDad
23rd Nov 2007, 15:57
Had the best Turkey I've ever eaten while working in Missouri. Mind you, being Turkey, it still tasted liked baked greased sawdust.

Anyway, have a Happy Thanksgiving - after the first keg the beer was great.

11Fan
23rd Nov 2007, 17:00
Solid Rust,

You may be on to something with the bromelin, but I think the pineapple goes in after it's set. Never watched it being prepared myself, just remember seeing it as it passed from plate to open mouth.

11Fan

con-pilot
23rd Nov 2007, 18:30
OH MY GOD. I feel bad.

Never, ever, never, ever, ever, never, ever chase Brandy with Champagne or was it Champagne with Brandy. No matter how great the idea seems at the time.

I truly do blame the French for this, the Brandy and the Champagne were from France.

I'm too old for this sh!t.

While we were in the bar consuming large quantities of Brandy and Champagne our 6 month old Malamute stole the ham bone off of the serving table in the dinning room. Then she carried it into our bedroom.

Guess when I found it?

I think I'll go back to bed. :(