PDA

View Full Version : Do you still believe there will be any upgrade in GF next year?

Albergineman
22nd Nov 2007, 18:08
Hi there!

Since all Boeing drivers will be transfered to the Airbus fleet next year and no new aircrafts (only wet leased ones!),just to mention some concerns, I was wondering if there will be any upgrade in 2008 as mentioned in one of the previous letters from VPFO...

:(

Mephistopheles
22nd Nov 2007, 21:31
There will be upgrades next year but you have to wait your turn. At the moment the guys who are doing it have spent around 8 or 9 years in the right seat in GF.

repapips
23rd Nov 2007, 11:40
Oh, the big Bahraini dream...

Keep dreaming...

In such way that...
23rd Nov 2007, 17:47
Inshallah, next year...

:}

wadefac
24th Nov 2007, 01:16
Only if u promise to believe in the tooth fairy........ and u are from Oman or Bahrain..........excuses for others nationalities will apply........ :p

brassplate
24th Nov 2007, 01:35
unless you have around 8 years to wait for a command, gf is not the right airline if you want to be captain.

B. Bonga
24th Nov 2007, 10:29
For now, based on what VPO and A/HOFO there will be upgrades next year at the rate of 20-30 per year. But there are so many variables in the upgrade process and you cannot predict exactly how long it will take in ANY airline. Some guys on 767 got their command at 2-3 yrs. They had the hrs required and got their 4 stripes there after. Can we then say command runs at 2-3 yrs ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Even in the region you cannot guarantee the time to command. Before in EK guys where getting their 4 stripes at 18 months. Now the time can go up to 4-6 yrs. In QR it's the same thing it can range from 4-6 yrs. In EY as more people join, it will take longer for upgrade.

My 200 fils of thought, is pick a number and join the queue, sit back relax and enjoy the waiting. Painfull, but eventually pays off.........;)

yoohoo748
24th Nov 2007, 16:43
As it sits now.. I for one certainly cannot see 20-30 upgrades happening next year. On what ac? New aircraft to be delivered when? GF needs to get it's house in order, which it is doing right now, and that is fantastic news for the company, the country, and everyone working at GF. Once that is finished, then and only then they will be in a position to share the company's future plans. Any upgrade plans mentioned recently is purely speculation; I can't imagine that any of the current 'upgrade plans' are based on any future plans. Wishful thinking and/or the grand old carrot.

My 2 cents, or what ever. That is just the way that I see it. Feel free to disagree.

Al Fakhem Snr.
24th Nov 2007, 16:59
Now do you seriously think GF will be here next year?

Did you say upgrade?