PDA

View Full Version : GF Non type-rated FO recruitment...?

JonnyTheCrayfish
21st Nov 2007, 23:18
Anybody out there or in the company have any news on what's happening with the recruitment of non type-rated FO's for the A320s?? The position has been open on the GF website for quite some time now, but there doesn't seem to be any news from anybody either invited for selection or rejected. Any info..? Anybody..? :confused:

Mephistopheles
22nd Nov 2007, 00:01
Unfortunately Mr A*** M****** has left & (if you are Persian) Mr A**** S***** has also left. So recruiting is upside-down now. So God know what is going on, but word is that if you happen to have a Canadian passport then go for it.

B727-200
22nd Nov 2007, 01:31
So following on from that, are they taking rated (with time on type) guys for the mini-bus? Website only mentions non-type rated :confused:

I'm not convinced it's as bad as people say, but then I'm not there ;)

jackxjd
22nd Nov 2007, 14:47
At the moment there is no recruitment:{. Went up to ask what happened to my mates application... 7,000h captain rated with european airline:ugh:.

JonnyTheCrayfish
22nd Nov 2007, 15:21
Thanks jackxjd, good to finally hear something from someone who has first-hand info. Not that it's good news :ugh: but at least now we know. I was just wondering about it, as recently one of the GF chiefs stated in a press release that "...we will be fully staffed in 3 to 4 months." Didn't know if it meant something positive for recruitment or not.

Anyhow, if you get any new info soon, keep us posted will ya! :ok:

Cheers

Mephistopheles
22nd Nov 2007, 21:34
There will be no direct entry captains joining us. But if you are shooting for the right seat then I am sure they will start soon.

Aussie
23rd Nov 2007, 05:37
Since were on topic, anyone know the T&C for a non TR FO?

Cheers

brassplate
23rd Nov 2007, 21:53
you do have a chance to join non-type rated. sometimes if you're lucky with the interview, you will get in while type rated candidates don't.
all new joiners get the same remuneration, type rated or not. only thing is you will have to be bonded for a couple of years and there is an incremental raise of 50bd to the basic after every year of service.
i don't think gf is in a position right now as a lot of mucking around is taking place with their so called expansion plans. until that dust settles (could be weeks or months), give it a shot. chances are average.

JonnyTheCrayfish
24th Nov 2007, 17:24
Cheers guys, keep it coming - I might even start to get positive about the whole thing again! Being bonded is fine, I think it will be a great opportunity to get started on the Bus. Thanks for some good feedback. ;)