PDA

View Full Version : MON - MLE 7/10/01

Desk Driver
4th Oct 2001, 17:13
If anyone's on the MON 5286 This Sunday I'd love to say Hello.
:D

Gaza
5th Oct 2001, 17:46
DD

Will be doing the same route on 18/11 in Premium Cabin. Would appreciate if you could drop me an email when you get back with any thoughts on seats to go for/avoid.

Desk Driver
6th Oct 2001, 21:10
Sorry GAZ.

I'm on the A300. (No Premium!) You must be on the A330 (Lucky Thing) :cool:

Desk Driver
8th Oct 2001, 02:36
As it happened Gaz Both flights were cancelled due to Murdering B*s**rds getting whats coming to them :mad:

Gaza
8th Oct 2001, 12:11
Cancelled??? I feel so sorry for you!

Any reason given? Perhaps due to the stop in Bahrain or the fact they were using the bombers based in Diego Garcia?

Any word on when they are due to restart? Is it a 24/48 hour type delay or a suspension?

As an aside - you said BOTH flights cancelled. Do they use the A300 and A330 to MLE on the same day or was one non-Spotty M?

Update
======

According to Spotty M Cust services the suspension is temporary. They hope to fly to MLE later today.

Enjoy your holiday DD

[ 08 October 2001: Message edited by: Gaza ]

balance ball
9th Oct 2001, 02:54
I was just surfing and noticed the thread re: Male. I'm not aircrew for Mon, just an enthusiastic PPL/flightdeck wannabe who happens to have booked a trip to the Maldives with your fine airline. (paying pax I'm afraid, but going in Premium on way out on 11/11!).
Found out that Bahrain stop has been axed, for obvious reasons I guess & wondering if trip will happen.(Booked it day b4 WTC disaster) Still, in the bigger scheme of things my trip is hardly something to be worrying about . I just think support the airlines and damn the terrorists!
Has anyone flying that route noticed a lot of empty seats lately?
(Had hoped to blag a visit to the flight deck on the A330, but i guess all that sort of thing has been stopped now)

Desk Driver
17th Oct 2001, 11:30
BB & Gaz

I've just got back & the flight was fine. Both the A330 & 330 go on a Sunday and the 330 was direct at Tour op's request. However I would imnagine that this is a real pain the the ass for Monarch as the crew stay for 7 days in Male which must be expensive. We were on the 300 through Bahrain and everything was fine both directions.

A big thank you to Richard and everyone else who worked the cabin. From the big guy & his missus in 9a & b.

BB. No flightdeck visits allowed anymore :( Which is totally understandable.