PDA

View Full Version : Gadair European Airlines

Icarus
21st Nov 2007, 16:15
Strangely enough I haven't seen this one done on this forum yet.

http://www.gadair.com/eng/

Rumours are Andre Dose and Lee Shave are currently involved (consulting) and why the picture of Almoayedd Tower in Seef (hmmm, now isn't the Roland Berger office there? Hmm who runs that? Ah! Ex GF Board Member!).

Panama Jack
2nd Dec 2007, 17:39
Gadair does have an office at the aforementioned Seef address. I believe on the 43rd floor, very nice, luxurious office, with marble and impressive lighting. Overall, the whole venture seems a little adventurous, actually, entirely too adventurous . . . perhaps. Something just doesn't seem quite right. A little too much "bling" but very little evident substance.

Other "airlines" owned by the Gadair group include Air Ecuador, Axis Lines, Nicaragua Lineas Aereas, Hola Airlines and Gadair European Airlines itself, with plans to start an airline to be named "Gadair Gulf" based in Bahrain.

Such a profile may seem quite impressive, but as I said, things don't seem to be quite right. Air Ecuador and Nicaragua Lineas Aereas, at the moment, only seem to consist of luxurious offices and Operating Certificates. No airplanes, no routes, although I did see an Air Ecuador sign Terminal 1 in JFK, but no counter and of course, no Air Ecuador flights. Axis Lines wet-leases the aircraft from Gadair European Airlines, and Gadair European itself seems to consist of a sole Boeing 757 (Registration EC-JRT) and an ex-Qantas Boeing 767 (Registration N767AT) which I am told is parked somewhere in the desert Southwest of the United States. I am told that the airline has secured some Boeing 767's (rumor has it that these are ex-GF birds) and some MD-83's. The only other airplanes owned by them are the airplanes that were on Hola Airlines' registry when they bought them out.

An inside source at one regulatory authority told me that their own impression was that they go about getting the necessary approvals in a rather disorganized way-- getting the certificates "out of order" from the way most other applicants would go about it.

I hope it all works out. However, I am skeptical at this point in time.

Ray Darr
3rd Dec 2007, 08:01
Mr. Santiago Sánchez Marín, for such a bling airline you claim to be starting, you sure hired a crappy web-making company. How about springing for a quick "spell check" before you claim to be an airline of quality, tonto hombre??

Just the glaring "lanuage", "Propierties" and "Pasenger" jumped out of the page at a quick glance...yeesh!

:ugh::=