PDA

View Full Version : Uganda: National Airline Takes Off

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2007, 14:49
AIR Uganda will in a matter of days fly its first commercial flight, following the acquisition of landing rights to Nairobi, Kenya, Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), and the South Sudan regional capital, Juba.

"We got the official clearance on Friday. This means the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority confirmed the traffic rights for us to fly to Nairobi," Mr Vittorio Scabbia, the commercial director said by telephone from Arusha during a test flight. The airline made test flights to Nairobi on Saturday and to Kilimanjaro on Sunday.

Several successful test flights have been conducted and it is clear that Uganda will finally have a national flag carrier after more than a decade of obscurity from the air transport industry.

The acquisition of landing rights and the imminent launch now means Air Uganda will be the second airline to ply the Entebbe-Nairobi flight routes after Kenya Airways that has dominated the route since the demise of Uganda Airlines. It is also the fifth Ugandan-based airline to launch operations out of Entebbe International Airport after the collapse of Uganda Airlines.

Welcome back, Goodluck and God's Speed.

Zazoo:ok:

Yossarian
21st Nov 2007, 15:51
Good luck guys!

B737 lover
21st Nov 2007, 15:55
I have seen your logo flowering the Uganda and Tanzania skies recently with the DC 9s, i hope that everything goes well with this Airline.
And bigup to Ugandans, it seems like 2007 has been an excellent year for you, first Radar and now your National flag carrier! good stuff:D.

baba70
22nd Nov 2007, 16:25
World zaz,

Did you get my PM?

atco749
23rd Nov 2007, 11:46
hope air uganda have some good tricks up their sleeves... KQ have a way of wrestling out the competition... wat aircraft are they using again?? KQ are giving other operators a scare with their cheaper tickets and a whole B777 on the mbsa route!!

LongJohnThomas
24th Nov 2007, 10:31
Hopefully, they don't end up like Africa one!:ugh::=
Africans have a knack for spoiling anything good with greed and self-destructive tendencies.:ok:

hotmj43
24th Nov 2007, 11:16
Long john T,
i hope not,I remember the Bubin STARs,and DAR which i believe you may have enjoyed with our cousins.I wish them every success,it is about time,another African Airline lifted,across the Lake....i wonder whether Fred O,
is part of this venture hmm:D

LongJohnThomas
25th Nov 2007, 20:41
Mj,
Yeah i remember the good days.
As i hear it, Fred :ugh::mad: is no part of the new deal :D as reliably informed by our cousins across the lake.
Where you dey now? I keep hearing stories! PM please.Thanks.

sheesh123
6th Dec 2007, 20:36
I have tried searching the net for any info on air uganda but cant find anything! Anyone got any info on how they have started off?

hotmj43
7th Dec 2007, 04:58
Sheesh123.
PM Zazoo he seems to be gemmed up on the Airline,i am sure he will point you in the right direction.

lowbypass
7th Dec 2007, 13:46
''Africans have a knack for spoiling anything good with greed and self-destructive tendencies''...

...I TOTALLY agree with this...:oh:

...Whats IOSA again?..:E

B737 lover
9th Dec 2007, 09:24
Lowbypass just remember that IOSA is knocking your doors as well, so be careful!!!

lowbypass
9th Dec 2007, 13:34
.....................:oh: