PDA

View Full Version : EK Training Dept Woes

puff m'call
21st Nov 2007, 12:50
Yet again another CFI hands in his resignation from the EK Boeing fleet, I.C. just threw in the towl:ugh:
A great loss as a management pilot and leader in the department.
What next................:confused:

EGGW
21st Nov 2007, 13:06
A good bloke thats a great shame. Who next will be volunteered i wonder.

EGGW

Andu
21st Nov 2007, 13:10
what next?My money would be on the gent who was going to be handed the job with no questions asked when the man who's just resigned got the job.

Sorry if that's a bit cryptic, but most who have been in the Sandpit a year or more should have little trouble working out who I mean.

Marooned
21st Nov 2007, 13:16
Great shame if confirmed.

He was handed a poisoned chalice... an impossible task taking a woefully underfunded, ill-prepared department forward to tackle the training requirements needed to keep TC's gin swilling ego going.

He stuck up for his principles and at the top of his list was safety. He tried to tell those above the situation but it fell on deaf ears.

More TRIs/TREs to follow him... enough is enough. They can order as many of this and that as they want but without the pilots and trainers to train them it's all just empty bragging.

Good luck IC. EK has no place for principled professionals any more which is why you are to be replaced with one unprincipled amateur where safety will mean less than the bums on LH/RH seats.

145qrh
21st Nov 2007, 14:16
So in 2008 we will have 4-500 new joiners, 130 A330 upgrades, same amount for the 777 and approx 75 Capt's and 60 f/o's of to the fatjet for training...???

I must be missing something, but where are these good people going to train? and by whom?
:}

Bit like watching a train wreck, but you just have to shield your eyes and wince.:}

AlfaMike
21st Nov 2007, 15:17
cockpit4u.com will be doing the training for EK. They are already training some pilots at EK.:}

Marooned
21st Nov 2007, 15:42
C4U and others. C4U are too small at the moment but will no doubt grow through EKs incompetence. Alteon, BA will all benefit too, not EK trainers.

The irony? More expensive and NONE of the trainers for C4U have flown a 777... NONE! C4U even brings an airbus pilot to act as the training student who himself earns more than a line 777 capt at EK... :mad:

smart123
21st Nov 2007, 16:46
Hi

Can some one give me the e-mail ID of Emirates VP Flight Operations and Chief Pilot Training. Thanks.

GMDS
22nd Nov 2007, 03:52
No use. They don't read e-mail, they only send e-mail.

Marooned
22nd Nov 2007, 09:42
I think it was the proverbial straw that broke his back.

Hope the GCAA ask some questions about why we have another resignation from the post... not that that will do anything.

disconnected
22nd Nov 2007, 10:06
Well good luck and good on you I.C.

He took on the job as he realised there is little point in moaning unless he had tried to fix the problems. So he tried but unfortunately went the way of many of the other strong hands in EK training. One cannot battle against the stupidity, and lack of vision that seems to be encouraged within EK management. The whole company is moving from the visionary to the mundane. So many opportunities wasted...

Their loss, and hopefully his gain in a more relaxed lifestyle. At least he wont be around for the inevitable.

This may seem like a training issue but in reality its the line who will lose the most. We lose a trainer who will in all likelihood be replaced by an inexperienced checker. Dark days ahead.

7x7
22nd Nov 2007, 10:08
As Andu sort of said, is there anyone else out there who thinks a "Mike" and a "Hotel" might figure in the new CFI(B)'s name?

Snake man
22nd Nov 2007, 10:12
Well done, IC...
You did a great job as the boss, and unlike most, stuck to your principles and left with your reputation intact. You will be missed at the helm.

SM

ZQN
22nd Nov 2007, 16:14
What a shame. IC is a very good trainer and was a great manager.

I don't think EK would be stupid enough to replace him with MH even if he has the right nationality. What would a training department be without training captains?

EK's loss.

EGGW
22nd Nov 2007, 16:57
No way MH, the guy is a muppet. He has improved i notice, but me thinks the power would go to his head. His disciplinary record, is as far as i know is long and patchy.

EGGW

Fart Master
22nd Nov 2007, 17:05
LR 3, why mention it then, I hardly think IC would resign over one upgrade.

ps Where you been Puff haven't seen you for a while:)

EL CAPITAN
22nd Nov 2007, 17:05
So this is all about NATIONALITY isn't it ZQ, I thought EK was an EQUAL opportunity employer.................cheers guys...TheCapt....:D

Rabbitwear
25th Nov 2007, 07:01
http://www.captain-america.us/images/wallpaper/warposters/captain-america-vs-hitler_small.jpg (http://www.captain-america.us/ww2-wallpaper.htm):mad:

desertflyer
25th Nov 2007, 15:33
Whoever decides to apply for the job, good on'em since it will be long hours and lots of work with little appreciation from the upper-upper management.
As far as "checking" is concerned, those days seem to be over. Recently finished my 777 course and the instructors and especially the TRE's couldn't have been nicer. All were willing to TEACH and pass on many helpful hints on how to be successful on the line and keep the freak'in electronic checklist "Hard Landing" away!!:O