PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Dispatch

777YEG
21st Nov 2007, 08:48
Hello everyone!

New to this forum and loving all the great info on aviation topics from all over the world!

Looking for anyone who is a Flight Dispatcher at Virgin Blue or who has credible info ob this position. Please e-mail me or post in this thread. Looking for general info on the job such as

Do they dispatch for Pacific/Polynesian Blue, and what about V-Australia in 2009?
What kind of company are they to work for?
Is the Ops Centre at YBBN or somewhere else in Brisbane?
What kind of training is involved after you get hired?
What is the salary scale for Dispatchers?
Schedule?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide on these subjects!

Cheers,
777YEG :ok:

yourejoking!
26th Nov 2007, 13:53
dispatch is located at OCC at YBBN terminal wz all other operations roles & virgin blue flights are planned from here. training is on the job, salary is below what you can get at QF but virgin are renowned for paying less than market value - the 'fun' of working here makes up for the shortfall. workmates are cool but whatever youve read about virgin, they are pretty horrible company to work for, no prospect of promotion unless your mates with the boss most jobs in occ are appointed not advertised and some of the duty manager hav no airline experience- one from a bank, one a crop duster. a lot of good staff have left. hopefully that will change wz the new ops manager just appointed - but i dont think so, its a cultural thing wz virgin. excuse typing its getting late- good luck

777YEG
30th Nov 2007, 16:59
Cheers for the info!

So when you say that the company is really horrible to work for, can you give some examples, besides pay and promotions I mean? The company is making money hand over fist, so is it just employee morale that is low, and thus causing everyone to not like working there? And if so, what kind of things are causing the attitudes to be so negative?

Thanks again,

777YEG