PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation the Emirates way ....

GMDS
21st Nov 2007, 03:42
Our dear old executive vice-chairman shows today how much he respects us:

Gulf News

in response to suspicion of subsidies by absence of tax in Dubai, he states:

".............. we have social costs that other airlines don't even dream of. Most of our employees are expatriate, and we supply them with free accomodation. Other airlines just don't have to think about those costs. They are enormous and we are stuck with them. They are much bigger than any taxes we would have to pay in Britain."

Thank you Mister Vice-Chairman, at least the world now knows who is to blame for the thin profit Emirates makes every year and how dearly you respect your working team members.

You just lost any remaining respect I could still have left for you. At least you might have had the decency to tell the stunned readers, that our salary reflects the payed housing. Oh, and do not blame the journalist for badly editing your statements. This publication is well controlled and censored by the local powers, who orchestrate anything that appears in it to their advantage.

GMDS :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk: :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Watchdog
21st Nov 2007, 05:22
....solution....open bases elsewhere

MTOW
21st Nov 2007, 05:48
'stuck'? Maybe this is management code for 'we are looking into more ways to save more money'.

Let's see... if they were to allow 50 pilots to 'remote roster'... 50 x 120,000 dits... (or whatever the housing allowance will be next year).

... and if they made it 100 pilots. That's 100 times 120,000 dits. Deduct an average of say five nights in a Dubai hotel per remote based pilot per month at crew rates and those sums still look rather good.

tbaylx
21st Nov 2007, 10:18
Think maybe guys are being a bit sensitive? I read that with them being 'stuck" with the costs, not stuck with the expatriates....must be a boring day at work for ya.

GMDS
21st Nov 2007, 11:13
Try telling the missus you're stuck with her, or tell her you're stuck with what she costs, and keep discovering sensitivity - there's no difference.
But maybe i'm a little touchy on that subject, especially when working for the profit of the govt but not beeing a govt employee when it comes to pay increases.
If that's boring to you, nice nerv-outfit ......

harry the cod
30th Nov 2007, 08:10
Just spoke to a colleague who'd completed a 28hr+ Perth!

Last week during fog and diverted to DOH. On the ground and told by Ops to stay in terminal with pax and not go to Hotel as rescue aircraft coming. Every couple of hours the same message. This lasted over 10 hours. Crew returned to DXB exhausted. Other stories of crew using max discretion even up to 3 hours and of Cabin crew reporting for work 12 hours after a 20hour duty. Strange how the 'system' allows them to sign in. Nothing to do with shortage of crew I guess.

The final nail in the coffin. A letter from fleet asking to explain the 10 minute delay put down to 'crew'. Not relating to above flight I admit but if management have time to send letters like this, is it really too much to ask for a simple individual thank you for saving thousands and thousands of Dirhams during the disruption and for going above and beyond.

Maybe we'll all get nominated for a Najam award........or whatever it's called!

It's a sham this place and is a complete joke! :mad:

Harry

greendotspeed
30th Nov 2007, 08:50
I am a pilot not for EK, but also have a business of my own.
In respect to his words he can mean those words directly to both the cost of running the business and the human factor. If he meant the human factor he is wrong for saying that. Cost of running an airline like EK has many factors but it is my thinking that he really meant cost (money for everything).
Yes there are many thoughts and sayings but do not let words eat you up as they are just words. If you all work hard and get paid without being liked by management there is something bad going wrong, but as we all know BIG MONEY talks and B.S walks.
I'm one who believes that once in management you must remember where you come from so that you will know where you want to be.
Good luck to all:ok:

Yossarian
30th Nov 2007, 14:02
Sometimes I wonder about these guys in management. They are very keen to become a huge airline but then seem to react to costs as if they are surprised that it all costs so much. Do they realise that 2000 pilots living at their expense is going to cost them a lot more than 450 a few years ago. Plaintive pleas to keep electricity and water costs down are fine and noble, but threats to charge us for any extra usage is not.