PDA

View Full Version : Jade Deal

richard III
20th Nov 2007, 16:10
Hello.
I'm an experienced 767 captain looking for a change, Jade's recruiting website looks very interesting and precise, something unusual in airline websites. I have a decent job but I'm ready for a change and China looks interesting. Can anyone shed some light on Jade's deal? how long it takes to get an answer once you've filled their online application form? rostering, commuting or residence? family life in shenzhen, schedule stabiltity, hours per month and future outlook, if you commute can you get an UPG? positioning. etc.
I'd appreciate any info.
Best Regards.

Round D. Globe
20th Nov 2007, 18:08
Have a peek at this. If you can do better than this, YOU'RE HIRED! :ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXmWWAe_otE

RDG

airbus2boeing
20th Nov 2007, 18:36
That's scary :eek:

richard III
20th Nov 2007, 19:02
c'mon guys....I'm not worried about getting hired, I just want some info in order to do the best assesment possible, that way I wouldn't waist my time and theirs traveling to a screening.
Great video though

galdian
21st Nov 2007, 01:00
Tried the search function?

Heaps of interesting background, certainly not the happiest of places in recent times so it would seem.

Has it improved?? Would certainly be interesting to hear the current views from those there. :ok:

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2007, 01:29
Applied 2 weeks ago, guess we just wait and see!

xband
21st Nov 2007, 02:15
Have you received application ref. number?
Thank you.

richard III
21st Nov 2007, 03:15
I haven't, sent my online application form a few days ago:bored:

richard III
21st Nov 2007, 03:22
and yes galdian, I've read all the threads, good and bad, the trend from the latest posts seem to indicate that things have improved. As said before, we'll just have to wait and see.
Best regards

xband
21st Nov 2007, 04:39
My application went out three weeks ago, till now no response.
In my books that's indication of the company's immaturity.

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2007, 09:16
I'm not sure about the company's immaturity or what the situation is with their Human Resources people, but I guess they most be overwhelmed with applications and will start sendind out responses soon.

I bet they received tons of applications in the last three weeks, you see richard, what you read on PPrune and what actually happens in actual reality are two vastly different things. At least 90% of the rubbish you read here, is made up by people who have an axe to grind.

richard III
21st Nov 2007, 16:19
Thanks zazoo:
I've noticed the badmouthing, I guess If you've been in the business for a while you have to be be able to filter the info, impossible to keep averybody happy, specially if you work in an expat enviroment. In my case I just want good, down to earth info, good or bad I presume that I'll be able to analize it, and then make a sound decision, as the FCTM says.
Whatever comes out of this thread, I just hope that whoever is interested can use the info to the best of his/her advantage
Best Regards

ringer
21st Nov 2007, 21:38
thats wierd. im a 744 guy and I applied about a month ago and got an invite to go for interview and all that in DEC. but am not going to take it as 3 tickets per year etc no confirmed seating to get home.

if they could fix that then yes. but for now no i will wait to see if it improves.

richard III
22nd Nov 2007, 12:54
could you guys elaborate on the previous two posts? how long until you get an answer for your online application?I't says in their site that you have the option to commute and any info on life in shenzhen or other would be useful.
Thanks in advance

ltjng
22nd Nov 2007, 15:06
I got my response less then 24 hours after my online application for the selection in DEC. Then sent in my info the next day, and received my invitation 2 days after.

May be mine is a bit different to you guys, I am a FO, not Capt.

Seems the package is very sounds to me, but have to wait until I got the contract in hand to confirm.

richard III
22nd Nov 2007, 17:48
ITJNG:
thanks for the info, just when did you apply?

ltjng
24th Nov 2007, 02:21
I made my initial contact 17 days ago and have my assessment date confirmed 8 days later.

speedtwoten
24th Nov 2007, 05:40
I got reply same way and time as ltjng but look likes that JADE need FO than Captain, as their website said you may applied for Captain B744, provide you have 3000 hrs PIC in aircraft above 25t and type rated, but they offer me this position :confused:, then I think it will be best to stay in my baby B737NG:ok:

Dear Sir,

It¡¯s our pleasure to receive your application.

After careful consideration of your resume, Jade Cargo International would like to invite you to our 4-day screening from Dec. 11th to 14th in Shenzhen , China . The position offered by Jade Cargo is First Officer

During the screening, you will take the Medical check, Psychological Test, Chinese ATPL test, SIM check and Company Interview.

Jade Cargo will cover your accommodation and transportation including your international round trip air ticket£šeconomy class only£©during the screening. Please arrange the air ticket by yourself first and we will refund the economy class ticket to you immediately upon receiving your ticket receipt or the copy of ticket in SZX.

Please refer to our website www.jadecargo.com/jobs for details and a complete listing of all benefits. If our offer appears to you both financially and career wise, please let us know your availability for this screening as soon as you can before 18th November.

Together with your message, please send us the information and documents mentioned below by email:

l Your postal address (contact number) to which we can send the ATPL studying materials;

l Scanned copy of your valid passport;

l Scanned copy of your valid ATPL license;

l Scanned copy of your valid Medical Certificate;

l Scanned copy of the last three pages of your log book with company seal.

Attached please find the screening checklist and hotel confirmation slip. Individual pick up schedule will be sent in the week before the screening.

1. Please fill the hotel confirmation form and send it back to us.

2. Please tell us your air tickets (economy class) cost, so we can prepare the reimbursement in advance and you can get money right away when you arrive.

After the APTL test, the studying materials need to be returned to the company.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards!

Sincerely,

LIU Zize (Alex)

pilotcpb
24th Nov 2007, 13:38
Never seen that before, in the states at least. Is that getting official statements about your flying hours from the company, getting your logbook notarized, or something else?

speedtwoten
24th Nov 2007, 15:02
please look at the website, hrs can be made but experience can't be lied, they do have experience Instructor to check you up, at least the hours in your log book must be the same with your experience.

richard III
24th Nov 2007, 22:52
That's quite common, at least in ICAO countries,what it means is that the company or the aviation authority has to stamp your logbook just to make it official, nothing new there......what I'd like to know is that if they are really looking for captains, maybe speedwoten is right, and they are really focusing on F.O'S. Maybe someone flying for them can join the thread, that would really enlighten us.

stator vane
26th Nov 2007, 07:07
i've been invited to come over for dec 11 screening.

still debating with myself whether i will go or not.

their request from the start--of economy seats both for the screening and for the contract travel-- puts me off a bit.

when one is looking to strap on a 747 and fly across oceans and put it on narrow strips of concrete whilst carrying large amounts of revenue creating materials that might glow in the dark or light up the sky, i do think that the flight crew should be worthy of business class seats when they travel.
i am confident that the "desk flyers" go business whenever they fly somewhere.

and a cathay pacific economy return costs more than the oasishongkong business class return--

really don't remember how long from first application to acceptance was. i was invited last summer to come to China, then found out they were having screenings in Frankfurt. i then asked why should i come to china when i could go to frankfurt, and they said, okay, see you in frankfurt. but then as i looked more at the contract, i couldn't see the wisdom in flying a 747-400 for what worked out to be 3500 pounds sterling. so i told them, no thanks. let me know when your terms improve.

then i saw on pprune that the pay had increased, and i emailed the new director that put his message on pprune. and now they want me to come to china in dec.

but economy seats---

i just sent them the information about the cathay and oasis difference and will see what they say.

and they ask us to pay for the tickets first and trust them to reimburse when we arrive. only have an email message to fall back on. their old terms indicated that they would reimburse only if offerred the position.

there is indeed a different light on these decisions when one is flying. do they only want unemployed pilots?

if we all stood together and said, "business class seats" then they might listen. eventually.

and they would might find better fares if they booked the flights.

KAL has them beat all to hell in many ways.

stator vane
28th Nov 2007, 08:49
"it is so strange that the business class ticket is cheaper than the economy class tickets. could you please confirm it again?"

i then explained how it is two different airlines and asked them to go online and look for themselves.

no response after that.

must be too far outside the box.

the possibilities of an economy seat for 13 hours or so, makes my skin crawl.

why not a business class seat which at least reduces the possible number of numbkies around you?

richard III
28th Nov 2007, 20:52
Thanks for the input stator, I guess economy class tickets are not too appealing, specially if you're planning to commute, for the screening I can use my company issued tickets, no problem getting to FRA or LAX. But unfortunately no answer from my online application. I will try your system with Mr. Katry, see how it goes. Wish you luck whatever choice you make.
Happy landings.

stator vane
1st Dec 2007, 08:51
there are signs of intelligent life---

of course, we'll really see once we get there, and back----

jordan001
1st Dec 2007, 09:28
hei Giys, How do one get in touch with this Mr. Katry...
:confused:

tatin
2nd Dec 2007, 06:15
Anyone else got a screening in Shenzen on the 11th of december?
Does anybody know exact rostering?
Is KAL contract that much better?

cheers Tatin

speedtwoten
2nd Dec 2007, 06:22
Is KAL contract that much better?
SURE SIR sure sir SURE SIR sure sir:ok:

hongkongfooey
10th Dec 2007, 07:52
If not type rated, money marginally better than narrow body contracts, dont know what KAL paying 74 skippers but the 73 pay is not far off and better travel etc.

Is that video really a test flight, didnt realise flying unstable all over the sky at low level on final was part of a delivery flight.:confused:

richard III
11th Dec 2007, 05:24
I'been invited to a screening in SZX, in january or february. Can anyone tell me about the bond, how it works and how much it is, also the loss of license insurance is not posted on the web page.
Thanks for the help