PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on which airline 2 appy 4 cc work!

Foxtrot Bravo
1st Oct 2001, 00:07
Hey All,

Thanx for reading this. Really really want to be cabin crew, turned 19 a month ago,have 11 gcse's and can speak french and spanish to A level standard. Have been employed as a senior sales assistant in WHSmiths for over 2 1/2 years, so have experience with public etc. Would like to know which airline you would recommend? pay etc.

euroboy
1st Oct 2001, 03:30
Foxtrot

In the present climate, I think all airlines have stopped recruiting. The next couple of months airlines will change so much that what info given to you now will be out of date when you come to apply.
If I were you stay at Smiths till this is all over much safer than starting a new job in the airline business with all the issues at the present time.

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: euroboy ]

Crash Barrier
1st Oct 2001, 12:03
Or you could try the R.A.F. It is exactly the same kind of job but on military flights
(I think) hope this helps.

paulsamcam
2nd Oct 2001, 00:09
Well done so far on all your qualifications. If I was you I would go to University or see what training you can get with your current employer.This is not a good time to be thinking about a career in aviation,believe me I am speaking from experience as it took longer than anticipated,6 years to start flying and then 10 years experience to become a Purser. Use this time to gain more, perhaps a degree. Good luck you will get there one day.

Foxtrot Bravo
2nd Oct 2001, 02:01
Hi everyone, thanx for replying, has helped-cheers! Paul? is it ok if I e-mail you, would love to know more about your job??

Thanx
andrew.

Silkman
2nd Oct 2001, 02:06
FB,
I'd agree with the others, not a great time in the world of aviation at the moment. If,and hopefully things settle down, most charter airlines will start recruiting in the new year to spring ,so it may be worth sending your C.V. off to the likes of Monarch,Air2000,Brits,scairtours and JMC/Condor. You'll probably get a letter back saying'we're not taking on at the mo' but at least they will have it on file.
Might be clutching at straws because of the current climate but British Mediterranean seem to recruit year round and are expanding a bit (were ? - BA franchise in case you did'nt know).
Good luck !

davidbwa
4th Oct 2001, 21:41
British World are recruiting - especially for Gatwick. Also opening Manchester and Dublin next summer. Nice mix of IT, ad hoc charter, and contract work for other airlines. Also bits and pieces of long haul (Banjul, Mombassa, Freetown). We're very busy at the mo - even though it's end of season. We've only got 1 737 at LGW this Summer, but we've alreasy sold work on 3 737s next Summer, and most of a 757. Stansted base is also busy, but already fully crewed.
Hope that helps. More info on www.british-world.com (http://www.british-world.com)

David

SPICEBOY
12th Oct 2001, 23:28
easyJet are still recruiting for Luton and Liverpool (sorry JOHN LENNON) as well as new bases at Gatwick,Belfast,Glasgow and Edinburgh.Every cloud has a silver lining.Apply on EZY website-www.easyjet.com . Good luck.