PDA

View Full Version : Tiger pounces on AOC

toolowforzero
20th Nov 2007, 14:57
Tremendous news, Tiger Aust have been issued Aust AOC.:D

Icarus53
20th Nov 2007, 15:13
Can I just ask that Australian aviation "journalists" (and Ppruners too) dispense with the cat references in Tiger headlines?

When Tiger first started making inroads towards establishing in Australia, almost every sentence refering to Tiger included a phrase such as "on the prowl", "waiting to pounce", "purring" etc. The first time was witty, the rest is just overkill/lack of imagination. If I hear much more I'm just going to vomit.

Icarus

PS - Don't mean to slam the door on you toolowforzero (especially on your first post)! Given that you started the thread some latitude is probably in order - just so long as nobody else gets ideas!

Ralph the Bong
20th Nov 2007, 18:14
Icarus, it's not the fault of the Journo's. They are often under pressure from editors who tell them; "Write a story and give it some claws".

Capt Fathom
20th Nov 2007, 19:59
Well what do you expect; their callsign is GoCat. :yuk:

peuce
20th Nov 2007, 20:13
I agree, and any offending PPruners should be given the Cat-o’-nine-tails:=

PattyStacker
20th Nov 2007, 20:20
I agree... Just so long as no-one is Catty

alangirvan
20th Nov 2007, 20:31
Don't be such a sour puss

sinala1
20th Nov 2007, 20:34
Don't be such a sour puss

Like this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrTHCB6Sv4

Maybe he could be Tiger's spokes-kitty?

:}

wessex19
20th Nov 2007, 20:49
toolowforzero, I think you have put the CAT amongst the pidgeons!!!:D

Icarus53
20th Nov 2007, 20:51
Goddamn it.
:yuk::yuk::yuk:

I paid for that lunch!

Whatever happened to the old idiom that "All things being equal, people will comply with any reasonable request, with the exception of 'Will you please keep your seatbelt fastened until the Captain has turned off the sign'"?

Moniker
20th Nov 2007, 21:28
purrfect (sic) timing .. and how appropriate GoCat!!:D

VH-XXX
20th Nov 2007, 21:36
Hopefully they have 9 lives...

Moniker
20th Nov 2007, 21:47
I read that J* are going to offer from 1900 tonight on the web, $00.05c (INCLUSIVE OF TAXES!) .. hmm - this should indeed be interesting times ..

Skystar320
20th Nov 2007, 21:51
And yet this came out for Jetstar

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/jetstar-warned-over-trading-practices/2007/11/20/1195321781909.html

Bumpfoh
20th Nov 2007, 22:01
Thats got to be the un-animated version of the Acme Wild Cat!:ok:

Pundit
20th Nov 2007, 22:23
JQ - little Dicko and Joycie - are about to see real competition.

Imagine if we could have competition on the Pacific?

apacau
20th Nov 2007, 23:06
Love the puns, but is it confirmed anywhere re Tiger's AOC? Surely they would be trumpeting this to the media (and if not them, CASA should have released something?)

Certainly nothing yet on the searchable section of the CASA website.

ekolbregit
20th Nov 2007, 23:40
It is issued. The celebration speaks for itself. :D

727ace
20th Nov 2007, 23:43
Lets bring another Cup back to the Cattery:D

Moniker
20th Nov 2007, 23:44
CASA - efficient - quick - doesn't seem right appearing in the same line..

Pluto's gone
22nd Nov 2007, 03:39
Stop pussy footing around... Bring on the Tigers ROAR... ;):D:)

Skystar320
22nd Nov 2007, 04:08
Well it seems that Tiger has got is paw on things now! Now all they need is some really good PR stunts that get people to pounce onto Tigers A/C

Soon enough we will see tiger clawing more and more % of the Australian domestic share

Watch it Tiger will be puuuuring to a city near you...

:O:O:O:O:O:O

sprucegoose
22nd Nov 2007, 07:14
Go Cat used to be a name for a brnd of cat food. These guys might get eaten up....

QF DRIVE
22nd Nov 2007, 07:26
Good Luck to Tiger tomorrow

Hope it all goes purrfect

The PM
22nd Nov 2007, 07:44
Any truth to the rumour that when the very first Tiger flight arrives at its destination, that instead of being met by the usual 2 fire tenders spraying crossing streams of water to taxi through, there will instead be a Follow Me vehicle towing a giant ball of wool?

:}

Skystar320
22nd Nov 2007, 08:10
The PM Any truth to the rumour that when the very first Tiger flight arrives at its destination, that instead of being met by the usual 2 fire tenders spraying crossing streams of water to taxi through, there will instead be a Follow Me vehicle towing a giant ball of wool?

Here kitty kitty...........

Ex FSO GRIFFO
22nd Nov 2007, 08:24
Whoa There 'Mon'.....

Your clause is showin'.......:}

tipsy2
22nd Nov 2007, 08:47
Go Cat is my favourite Cat food.............................

tipsy
:yuk: furball :yuk: and another.:ok:

The PM
22nd Nov 2007, 09:18
Furball? Isn't that what airsick Tiger pax cough up?

ACMS
22nd Nov 2007, 12:40
So what is Tiger paying it's troops? I heard $240 for a skipper and $180 for an F/O? is this close?
And I heard you must pay for your own uniform and provide your own in flight meals?
They must be joking, ICAO strongly suggest cockpit crew should eat a hot meal every 5 to 6 hours, not a cold sanger from the corner store that has never been refrigerated correctly. What is CASA's view on this practice?
I Can't wait for both crew to go sick at the same time from food poisoning!!

Yakfivefive
22nd Nov 2007, 18:13
What is wrong with the lot of you?

Go Cats has been the call for the Geelong mighty football club for years, some Airline has the cheek to imitate hey?

But that might mean they wanted to be winners too?

The above is mirth and not to be taken seriously!

apacau
22nd Nov 2007, 21:09
First two flights have departed Melbourne... Also $19.95 fares across their network (except PER/DRW) - 75,000 seats. And unlike Jetstar, their website doesn't crash and the cheap fares are actually available for decent days/dates - I booked a $40 return to MEL for the Anzac Day long weekend!

tail wheel
22nd Nov 2007, 21:57
Could be cat-astrophic for Jet* and Virgin? :}

Skystar320
22nd Nov 2007, 22:07
Could be cat-astrophic for Jet* and Virgin?

Now that one wins :ok::ok::ok::D:D:D:D:D

airsupport
22nd Nov 2007, 22:30
Just checking their Australian website, seems they operate to both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, but NOT Brisbane.

Does anyone know why that is?

Skystar320
22nd Nov 2007, 22:39
Because they are a new carrier and yet havnt expanded? Common sense

airsupport
22nd Nov 2007, 23:55
That's a shame, our Family and a lot of other similar Familes in Brisbane would like to use them to Melbourne in particular for "pleasure" travel, looks like we will have to stick to Qantas or Virgin Blue.

MCY and OOL are way too far away to drive to and from Brisbane, it is not like say Avalon instead of Tullamarine.

Skystar320
23rd Nov 2007, 00:01
Bloody heck! Give them time!!!!!!!!!! When DJ started we had to wait over 1yr to get services to Perth

Bloody hell

airsupport
23rd Nov 2007, 01:49
I understand all that, just seems silly to me that they are flying to BOTH the Sunshine Coast AND the Gold Coast, but NOT Brisbane.

gas-chamber
23rd Nov 2007, 03:06
Makes a whole lot of sense if it is the budget end, i.e. holiday and tourist market they are chasing. It is only a 30 dollar train or bus ride from Brisbane to either Sunshine or Gold Coast. Astute business travellers may even embrace the idea eventually.
By the time you figure in gas and parking or at least a cab ride from most of the 'burbs around Brisbane to BNE Domestic you may as well go a bit further out to catch a flight.
The way traffic congests around BNE now, it would not take up much more time, either.
Melbourne has Avalon which works OK for Jetstar, but unfortunately none of the other big cities have anything an equivalent time away. Otherwise we would see a lot more of this concept. Works a treat in Europe and the USA. Good on Gocat; if they stay cheap they will get my dollar.

Skystar320
23rd Nov 2007, 03:09
This is why Tiger dropped Alice Springs. Qantas has got the head in the arses :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/tiger-launch-marred-by-spat-with-qantas/2007/11/23/1195753273661.html

Skystar320
23rd Nov 2007, 03:11
I understand all that, just seems silly to me that they are flying to BOTH the Sunshine Coast AND the Gold Coast, but NOT Brisbane.

Sorry, I dont understand your statement who says in the next couple of weeks/months they dont start ops into BNE?

Remember when DJ started in the west we had to wait over 1yr to get services to Perth

ACMS
23rd Nov 2007, 07:50
I said earlier So what is Tiger paying it's troops? I heard $240 for a skipper and $180 for an F/O? is this close?
And I heard you must pay for your own uniform and provide your own in flight meals?
They must be joking, ICAO strongly suggest cockpit crew should eat a hot meal every 5 to 6 hours, not a cold sanger from the corner store that has never been refrigerated correctly. What is CASA's view on this practice?
I Can't wait for both crew to go sick at the same time from food poisoning!!

so can anyone answer my lagit questions?

AN Flyer
23rd Nov 2007, 08:32
This is why Tiger dropped Alice Springs. Qantas has got the head in the arses

Skystar320 - can I ask why? QF seems well within their rights, given that they fully own Tigers competitor, (J*), to refuse to ground handle Tiger in Alice. It could well be that J* one day plans to operate into there, and QF dont wish to assist a carrier that conflicts with their subsidiaries plans. It would be like having Virgin Blue perform ground handling for QantasLink in Mackay or Rockie.

Imagine if Tiger do so well, that QF decide to widthdraw completely out of ASP as a result (wont happen, but lets say hypothetically it did). "Thanks Qantas for ground handling us, we've just kicked you out of the market here, so we'll now be switching ground handling carrier to our own people - but we really do thank you for helping us destroy you!, you were great"...

No. On this issue, I'm actually with QF. It's not necessarily the P/R friendly decision, but this is a business, and QF are quite rightly out to protect their own. Tiger's management were kidding themselves to think that QF would ground handle them in the first place, and if they now have to cancel flights as a result, then I hope this will be a lesson learnt for them.

Now - if QF had previously agreed to ground handle Tiger in ASP and are now pulling OUT....this might be an issue and I do agree, questions should be raised if this is the case. :confused:

meagain
23rd Nov 2007, 08:40
ACMS, this is the funniest thing I have seen for a while, you must be kidding, "hot meal every 5 hours" "food poisoning" :=
For a start, the crew would be eating very different meals (their own homemade sandwiches :D) etc. Unlike in some airlines. If you have EVER worked in an airline anywhere in the world you would know that the food is mostly crap :yuk::yuk:, handled by grubby people with no hygiene training. If you could only see some of the food (I use that term loosely) that my airline dishes up you would be shocked, and look forward to Tiger crews self catering.
I heard the money is not anything like the figure you have dreamt up but is OK
Good Luck Tiger and all there. Enjoy your food, probably much better than anything the airlines are serving ... :D:D:D:D

coaldemon
23rd Nov 2007, 08:44
The 180 figure if you do max hours as a captain.

ACMS
23rd Nov 2007, 15:17
MEAGAIN: well 30 years as crew in 3 different international and domestic airlines gives me some idea of in-flight catering standards my friend.
And I can tell you that the standard of meals has come one hell of a long way in 30 years. The food isn't half bad most of the time, although a little repetative if you do the same sectors day after day.
In-flight catering businesses are required to produce high quality meals in a very clean environment. A trip out to Qantas or Cathay in-flight catering opeations at Hkg Syd or Mel should prove that to you. Go on, have a look at their operations and tell me the standards are crap, I dare you.
"hot meal every 5 hours" "food poisoning"
Yes ICAO do stipulate that Cockpit crew should receive a HOT meal approx every 6 hours. FOR FLIGHT SAFETY.
Ever eaten food not correctly refrigerated after cooking????????? yeah fun throwing up isn't it.:( Not good if that's at FL 370 while the F/O's on his own.
Even Gloria down at the local Coles Supermarket is trained on food preperation and how to refrigerate after to stop bacteria.
So for the sake of the passengers down the back of the Tiger A320 I hope the cockpit crew are 1/ cooking the food properly and 2/ storing it properly for that 0500 start with 4 sectors through the day.
We are not check-in staff that can pop into the staff canteen for a 1 hr lunch break people.
Some things need to be provided for, and in-flight catering is one of those things.
What's next? You have to bring your own sidestick for the A320?:bored:

Oh and those money figures I mention above? I didn't dream them up, it's what the rumour mill has set the figure at. Thus I was wanting to get the real truth from someone that may have the info.:)

coaldemon
23rd Nov 2007, 22:42
I Thought I had answered your enquiry

Qantas 787
24th Nov 2007, 01:56
I am with AN flyer.......the outburst from Davis is amazing. Does he really expect his competitor to assist them? Seems pretty obvious - I am sure if the situation was reversed he knows he would not be helping a competitor.

meagain
24th Nov 2007, 03:41
Touchy ACMS, relax a bit. I've been eating cut lunches ever since me dear ole Mum was sending me off to school in the country with them and guess what, never been sick from them. You must think the Tiger crews are idiots, well, they aren't as far as I can see... Oh, by the way, there have been many reported food poisoning cases :yuk: of flight crew over the years from eating on board catering. I'll stick with my sandwiches thanks. I'll bet you any money you like that there are no food pooisoning cases there in the forseeable future. Oh, and as far as the "hot meals after 5 hours " or whatever it was. check with the middle eastern airlines during Ramadan :rolleyes: and see if any of their crew are eating anything at all during day flights. Not many accidents from that and no-one from the authorities where they fly telling them to get the hot meals into them 5 hourly. Get a life matey..... look at the BIG picture... :ugh:

meagain
24th Nov 2007, 03:44
Oh, and I forgot, have you ever read the reports on the swabs taken from the food preparation areas in many aircraft galleys, :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk: , enough to put one off eating in an aircraft ever again

Icarus2001
24th Nov 2007, 04:26
AN Flyer and Qantas 787 you need to get out more.
Who do you think provides ground services for Qantas in Singapore?
Take a guess...the part owner of Tiger.
So SIA should stop providing this ground service as it is to 'shock horror' a competitor.
Welcome to the real world.:D

Metro man
24th Nov 2007, 04:30
Oh, and I forgot, have you ever read the reports on the swabs taken from the food preparation areas in many aircraft galleys, , enough to put one off eating in an aircraft ever again

Ever seen the reports on germs on computer keyboards ? More microbes than a toilet seat. Enough to stop you from ever using one again.:E

Exciter Box
24th Nov 2007, 04:35
Meagain
whilst it was lovely and heartwarming to hear that your dear old mum made you sanga's when you were just a kid at school, but for the life of me I can't see what that has to do with the continual errosion of working condition in this industry. Provided meals being one of those conditions.
So what will be next, take the thermos full of coffee or a cooler full of water?
Perhaps it should be you looking at the big picture.

Watchdog
24th Nov 2007, 05:45
hey Meagain...I eat quite well on the flight deck during Ramadan thanks...and would suggest to you that, as soon as the sun goes down at FL380, so do the muslims that were fasting :ok:

alangirvan
24th Nov 2007, 06:12
So, Qantas at ASP is back to the days when TAA threw East West out onto the pavement at Canberra Airport during the 80s.

Does Qantas do its own handling at ASP, or is it a contractor? If the Tiger services are scheduled when there are no Qantas planes on the ground at ASP, it is a pity to turn away a bit of pocket money. I suppose the ground staff need time to read their comics.

meagain
24th Nov 2007, 09:31
Hey watchDOG, no doubt you do eat well during Ramadan, but when I eat at "FL380" it is not the first thing I have had for 12-13 hours including water. Anyway, I'm not here to rubbish my Muslim mates, the subject is about eating a hot meal every 5 hours and dodgy food.
Metro man, stick to flying metros matey, you might be outta your depth elsewhere The subject was about aircraft galleys, not computers or toilet seats or whatever other places you inhabit...:=:=:=:D:D:D

meagain
24th Nov 2007, 09:35
Exciterbox. It's simple mate, if you don't like the conditions on offer, DON'T TAKE THE JOB mate. Don't whinge about the conditions you signed on for and if they change and you don't like them then LEAVE :=:=:=

Trustworthy
24th Nov 2007, 09:48
But Meagain it does show you that these guys are really dragging the pilot profession to new lows - bring your own food if you want to eat! Hardly an encouraging start at pilot retention. Just hope others can offer the jobs for these guys and value their contribution properly

spabath
25th Nov 2007, 09:48
Truth be known, Tiger pilots are being paid more than Jetstar and Virginblue pilots. Virginblue had the opportunity to increase the standard for all of us in their last EBA vote but once again screwed the industry. Now lets see what Jetstar does with there next deal. From what I hear the Tiger guys got a great start up package that can only be improved on in the future.:D

ACMS
25th Nov 2007, 13:39
ooohhhh a sandwhich is provided.................wow.............bloody fantastic service to their employees.................can't wait NOT to join.............

Enjoy your job fellas............next you'll be cleaning the dunnies.

sad.......very sad...........

coaldemon
25th Nov 2007, 22:03
Well in actual fact the truth be known spabath Tiger guys are paid effectively the equivalent to Jetstar for 1000 hours on the A320. VB guys have the highest base rate of the three and can only work 900 hours as against full exemption for the other two. I would suggest that the BBQ you were at to get this info probably had a fair bit of special sauce associated with it.:eek: