PDA

View Full Version : Air Paradise ?

ules
20th Nov 2007, 14:19
hey guys just wondering if any one has some news or heard any rumours about air paradise (bali ) indonesia's airline, rumours had it they were lookin for aircraft to hire to start operations earlier this year. but still no information there hasnt been an update since 2006 on their website,
any body know anything :suspect:

GayFriendly
20th Nov 2007, 17:16
Hi there - yes Air Paradise were a Bali based airline that flew to Oz and Japan using A310's. Unfortunately you won't find out much about them now. They went bust in Mar/Apr (?) 2006 on the back of the huge drop in Australian holidaymakers (their bread and butter) visiting Bali due to terrorism, I also believe they relied heavily on Australian tour operators to fill their seats but many dropped Bali as a destination. I was actually booked to fly with them to Sydney in July 06 (as was living in Bali at the time) but flight obviously got cancelled (and it took an AGE to get my money back). Last time I heard (Sept) their airport office is still chock full of their stuff (including an A310 model!) but firmly locked and shut. So don't hold your breath about an update on their website or indeed think about planning a trip with them.............

ules
20th Nov 2007, 17:28
ah ok yeah i knew they went bust, they went bust 3days before i was ment to fly out, im a ticket holder still, thought ive been googling ,, and the latest news ive read is that they are waiting for government support to buy 50% or so of their company i belive some investors have bought into it , and they are just now waiting onavailable aircraft to hire and start up operations again, operations were supose to commence may - august,
:ugh:

El Lobo Solo
25th Nov 2007, 13:28
Yeah, the office at Ngurah Rai is still packed with stuff and hasn't changed since they left it years ago. The same note about shutting down remains taped on the window. It's sad. Hope they get the thing running again. Maybe focus on Japanese travelers more since they're supposedly the #1 tourist group in Bali now.