clearedtostart
20th Nov 2007, 10:04
Anyone know about this company?

Are they operating in Africa on N reg?

Heard they need pilots.

Thank You in Advance.

MungoP
20th Nov 2007, 11:58
Avoid if you can and certainly avoid them if you're not in a position to make repeated trips to their base in the UK and demand to be paid... if you do get paid it will be many months after the due date and only with threats of legal action and possibly spending money on lawyers fees...

Also be prepared to operate aircraft where nothing on the panel but the clock is working.

I could tell you where and how to get hold of them but really.. take my word for it.. you're better off avoiding them.

clearedtostart
21st Nov 2007, 12:51
Thanks for your reply MungoP.
I didn't realise there are 2 Cooper Aerial Survey companys.
1 in USA and a UK one.
The UK one sounds bad.! Are they the ones operating in Africa.?
When did you fly for them MungoP.?
Should I post this thread somewhere else to get more replys.?

old_sputnik
15th Apr 2008, 23:24
I'd agree don't go near the UK Cooper Aerial surveys - It's a disaster waiting to happen!

joehunt
16th Apr 2008, 11:54
Funny how things change when the boot is on the other foot.

I used to work with GC years ago and he would be the first to squeal and "bang the fist" on the boss's table should there be something not right.

Barefoot Flyer
18th Oct 2012, 12:32
I just wanted to briing this post a bit more up to date. I fly for Cooper's in the UK and have found no such problems with them. Perhaps they have changed the way they operate these days. (They are a bit smaller than they used to be) They're straight talking no nonsense guys have a good engineering department that keep the machines in decent condition, especially considering the age of the aircrat and type of places they operate. I get paid on time every month and they are very flexible with giving me the time off that I need. If you're willing to work hard and play hard they're great. If you want to be in your own bed every night and don't want to go to some out of the ordinary places then they're not for you.

yachtpilot
1st Nov 2012, 14:29
I'll bring this even more up to date
Coopers filed for bankruptcy on the 1st Oct.. problems dating back to 1995 re payment of a/c leases.
Telephone ceased operating.

sooty3694
1st Nov 2012, 18:34
did a repo on an Aztec they had in the late eighties/early nineties. based north of norfolk (UK) if i remember correctly.

old_sputnik
1st Nov 2012, 21:31
I worked with them on a number of projects over the years and they were a total joke. Dodgy pilots, dodgy parts, and arrogant beyond belief, the world is a safer place!

old_sputnik
1st Nov 2012, 22:22
I just remember flying east mids - London - east mids and nearly running out of fuel on arriving at EMA! Of course it was not logged! Then the time they put a complete bafoon in control of an aircraft who kept calling Spanish ATC "amigo"! Then there was the occasion I flew Kidlington to EMA and got a nice view of northern France. Need I go on!

MungoP
2nd Nov 2012, 10:56
Can't make out how this thread got moved from Business/GA to the Africa forum