PDA

View Full Version : Corporate in OZ

JUZ777
20th Nov 2007, 09:31
Well I'm at the low end of the field but defiantly ambitious, and looking for direction into corporate aviation in Australia. I have just over 1000tt, 150 twin (not much i know), and would like to hear how others have done it. I know the Biz sector in OZ is not huge but it is the direction i wish to go down so any help/ideas/info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
JUZ

international hog driver
20th Nov 2007, 10:51
Gday Juz,

Corporate in Oz is and unfortunately probably will always be a boys club. Nearly anywhere you have to “be known” very very rarely do you even hear of available jobs.

The only change to this is if you are related to the owner or CP. The operators are few and far between and anyone in the Global/Gulfstream/Hawker all know someone who knows someone.

Also keep in mind that half of the bigger stuff is foreign registered and the smaller stuff may be VH- but it is also a closed club.

Many jobs are offered to people by word even if they are doing something else, compounding this is the minimal training that the Aus Part91 (FAA reg) operators make in relation to investing in new crew. Only when new types have been coming to the country (ie GLEX) have operators put their hands in their pockets.

All in all it’s a very tough road, and there are plenty of oz corporate drivers that are very happily not bickering over crumbs in oz having seen the light o/s.

This may all well change in the future as some of the older guys populating the heavier stuff decide to call it a day.

Fly safe.
:E