PDA

View Full Version : Faa Atpl

eaglefree
20th Nov 2007, 01:42
hello, i'm still a pilot student (22 yearsold) i already have my OACI ATPL and now i'm on my CPL/IR trainning, i want to know if there's a chance to have FAA ATPL by e-learning and where ? . PS: i'm from morocco.

thanks for your answers.

Trolle
20th Nov 2007, 08:05
If you want an FAA ATP, all you need to do is purchase a study guide book. Has ALL the possible questions you will be asked. Probably need to take the Commercial and Instrument written too. There is no requirement for a ground school. Just study, get the appropriate sign offs, and take the test. It is offered at certified testing authorities so you take it whenever you want. Using the license is another factor.

eaglefree
20th Nov 2007, 12:53
first of all , thank you trolle for your answer. what i need to know, that i don't have to suscribe in a ground school to have the courses ? and where i can pass the test . thanks.

Trolle
20th Nov 2007, 18:09
In the US there is no requirement that you sit in ground school. Study the books, show an instructor you are proficient, get the necessary endorsement from the instructor, take and pass the exam. Exams can be taken almost everywhere. There are so many places that I have never seen a list. All you do is call the exam location, arrange a date and time, and show up with some cash. In the US there are no scheduled exams. You take it when you want and get the results instantly.

eaglefree
20th Nov 2007, 21:00
ah that's great. you know any trusted place/school where i can buy courses, because when i passed my ICAO ATPL in morocco, it was in french :s , and if it's possible if you know any trusted organism where i can order for an exam. thanks for you time.

bfisk
21st Nov 2007, 09:50
Get the GLEIM FAA ATP question book, read it to bits, and then go take the written. Can be done at any LaserGrade (computer testing) center in the US, just like any other written. In fact, as far as I remember, you don't even need an instructor's endorsement to take the ATP written, only if a retake is required. That's how it is for the flying, anyway...

eaglefree
21st Nov 2007, 23:57
i'll do that. thanks all for you time.