PDA

View Full Version : Part66 B1 Licence, HEELLPP!!

icougar
19th Nov 2007, 19:50
I'm currently in my last year of my Bsc studies in mechanical engineering ( aircrafts ) in hungary, and im starting to look to further my knowledge. in the last 4 years of my studies, i have covered all the basic engineering courses, and also about to completely cover all courses in aerodaynamics,flight mechanics,fluid machineries,propulsions, airframes e.t.c just to mention a few of my courses, but my studies have been theoretical. On my eventual graduation next year, i will be awarded a Bsc in Mechanical engr ( aircrafts ) ..aircraft engineering.
I am very interested in becoming an aircraft maintenance engineer,having the hands on experience and finally getting the B1 EASA pt 66 licence, and eventually the C licence. I also know im doing things the "other way round" where people first get their licence, then off to get a degree

So my question is...how can i start with it? any adviced college or institute in the uk,or else where in Europe? what will be the tuition costs, and application procedures? and any other helpful hints would be really GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks lots!

ericferret
20th Nov 2007, 00:07
We are thinking about this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fargoo
20th Nov 2007, 11:17
icougar,
My advice is simple - learn the trade first then think about the licence. No point having a shiney new licence if you don't have a clue what you're doing when the aircraft goes tech and lands at your feet.
By all means study for the licences but you will benefit hugely by learning the trade hands on first. That may mean taking a low paid mechanics job but better that then to get out of your depth in a field where mistakes cost more than money.
Fargoo :ok:

icougar
19th Dec 2007, 18:13
:) thanks lots for your answers guys, and to ASFKAP, yeah i do know what it means to memorise all the answers to the certification questions...and i guess you know what it entails going through 5 years of engineering uni, in aircraft engineering, all the total 240credits, and approximately 80 courses ( all demanding exams and projects) have kinda honed my skills.
But i've also looked through required certification exam syllabus, and even own a copy of ( Aircraft engineering principles, Dingle - Tooley) and noted with shock that the contents are actually stuff from my first year! and so far, ( in the last week of my studies) i've had to cover advanced materials, ( talking about all propulsion modes, fluid mechanics,advanced aerodynamics,avionics,aircraft systems,aviation law,airframes,helicopters..jst a few examples) but its all been mostly theoretical, except with tinkering with engines,and other lil gizmos. But i have the passion of doning on the overalls, and doing some real aircraft fixing. So what could you advice would be the best steps in getting licence? i mean i could take any certification exams right now, and ace them all ( honestly without bragging) so do i proceed and apply for the exam? of simply get some work experience ( and if i do,how long would i have to work,or practice before i apply for the licence? ) ahhh..looong complaints here i know, but im in the right zone for help right? ( whispers, all those official authorities and bodies,cant seem to help in anyway:bored: i've even been suggested to go to a community college for 2..3 years, and then apply..)
thanks!!!!!

shuchim
2nd Jan 2008, 03:17
hi guy i am having three yr aviation expereance in india am i eligible to give the EASA exam and do i have to come europe to give this exam and from where can i have question bank of it .is it simple exam

Fargoo
2nd Jan 2008, 06:38
shuchim , have a good read of this document.

http://www.easa.eu.int/doc/Regulation/reg_2042_2003_Part66.pdf

It has the syllabus for all the modules.
Also put Club66pro into Google , you'll find a website that has lots of questions that can be used as a study aid to get you started.
They aren't easy exams by any stretch of the imagination but with some effort and time they are manageable.
Cheers, Fargoo :ok:

Lightning5
8th Jan 2008, 06:37
I ran the apprentice scheme for a large charter airline in the UK. Part of this training was the use of the Jar66 club. We had very good results and I would recommend.
best of luck.

doppleganger
10th Jan 2008, 18:44
jar66 club is now club66pro .co.uk

Much recommended