PDA

View Full Version : Impulse sells complete operation to Qantas

Ditch
20th Nov 2001, 10:33
Well boys and girls...

Qantas has taken 100% ownership of Impulse Airlines. It will operate under the Qantaslink banner as a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas, with staff still employed by Impulse Airlines.

However, as the services are no longer supplied on a contract basis, I understand that employees of Impulse should receive full Qantas benefits,(staff travel,super,shares etc) as do Eastern, Southern and Sunstate. Qantas now own so many subsidiaries, with so many damn names, :rolleyes: if their not careful, eventually these subsidiaries may out grow the mainline operation.

One last point......

Who wants to bet where the next generation 737-800s might go? My guess...Impulse ;)

Wirraway
20th Nov 2001, 11:29
Ditch

You may well be right regarding the B737s,
15 new on order 40 options plus conversion
of much of the mainline 737s to one class,
Dixon must certainly be tempted, expect
Qantaslink/Impulse to be recruiting F/As before
too much longer.

Wirraway

cabinboy
20th Nov 2001, 12:04
Hey Troops,

I'm here at work presently and got the email with announcement as soon as it happened...it is great news...however....there was no indication if the Impulse staff would be on our staff benefits/conditions etc etc...I do truly hope so as it is only fair...but...Qantas still has the right to keep these staff on their current contracts/EBA ...am I right ? :confused:

As for the 738's QF have sent our own mainline pilots over for training so it is clearly obvious the initial aircraft will be operated by QF mainline.

It looks like an interesting future for Impulse though, perhaps I can now transfer internally to Impulse !

Cabinboy

DoorL1
21st Nov 2001, 12:11
At Geoff Dixon's roadshow he stated the new 737-800 would be shorthaul mainline, not going to any part of Qantaslink.