PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ATPL (Theory) certificate date... any ideas?

mikey03
19th Nov 2007, 15:23
Any ideas what this refers to in regards to completing an form.

'Frozen ATPL (Theory) certificate date:___________' ???

I've never had any theory certificate date on any of my licences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Artie Fufkin
19th Nov 2007, 15:30
The letter you got from the CAA stating your results when you passed your theory exams?

We were told to keep very good care of these as they are the only proof you have of passing them.

speedrestriction
19th Nov 2007, 15:35
No need to post the same thread in two forums.

sr

mikey03
19th Nov 2007, 15:40
Could you clarify if it's the date of the initial exam or the final exam taken that counts as the "Frozen ATPL (Theory) certificate date" ?

Thanks mikey03

Alex Whittingham
19th Nov 2007, 16:22
I'd put the date you passed the final exam down because, once you've passed them all, that is the only date that remains relevant.

hughesyd
19th Nov 2007, 18:55
on the subject of ATPLs , just hijacking the thread slightly. anyone know how long you have to complete the cpl or multi /ir before they become invalid?. Also , a long shot but does anyone know whatever the timescale is, is it the same for the UK and Spain?. thanks

madlot
19th Nov 2007, 19:59
pretty sure the answer is here in LASORS 2007, and maybe is 36 months,but check.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_07.pdf

Alex Whittingham
19th Nov 2007, 20:01
JAR FCL says three years but doesn't specify from when. The UK CAA interpret this as three years from the date of the last pass. I think that they may actually say three years from the last date of the month in which you received your last pass notification but, if it's that tight that this makes a difference, you should check in person. You'll need to ask the DGCA what their view is.

covec
19th Nov 2007, 21:15
Oh Great - so what do you do if you have been stupid enough to lose them!

[I thought that the issue of an IR would be indication enough...................]

Mercenary Pilot
19th Nov 2007, 21:53
Oh Great - so what do you do if you have been stupid enough to lose them!You have to take them all again! :yuk:

If you have a CPL/IR then you have 7 years from the date of your last IR renewal to get your full ATPL. If you only managed to get the CPL then you don't have to do VFR comms again (whooopdeedo :bored:).