PDA

View Full Version : Cx XXX

wombatatico
19th Nov 2007, 03:50
For the SO who agreed to work (CX) today,
Did you receive over-time?
Had you decided not to, and preserve your G days, I'm sure someone else could have received over-time.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I doubt it...

boxjockey
19th Nov 2007, 04:47
I was called three times today for this one. Just forgot to answer my phone....

box

Max Reheat
19th Nov 2007, 10:23
This sure sounds like intimidation to me!!!!

ALPHA FLOOR
19th Nov 2007, 12:33
Pick on the new S/O - Great stuff a real blat from the past.

luvmuhud
19th Nov 2007, 13:08
Wombatatico,
How is it your business to comment on what an SO does with his roster?
Your post is highly inappropriate for a public forum....if you have a beef with this guy or girl, try to contact them via a private means.

V1,Vr,V2
19th Nov 2007, 13:20
wombatatico, way to go, lets turn on each other... :mad: idiot.

wombatatico
19th Nov 2007, 13:41
How is it your business to comment on what an SO does with his roster?

It's totally my business. A pilot was prevented from earning overtime because another volunteered to work on a G day. I'm a pilot. It's my business...

way to go, lets turn on each other... :mad: idiot.

You shouldn't be so hard on the SO, he's new... But you're right, he's an idiot for turning on his own and volunteering to work on G days.

badairsucker
19th Nov 2007, 14:47
If you look at the master roster, the guy was on an O day not a G day. How do you know he didn't have a roster change from an O to a trip.

Wom, you need to pull your head out from inside your arse.

NewEssO
19th Nov 2007, 16:31
this sounds bad guys, pilots turning against each other

what if his wife lives in LAX and he's trying everything he can to visit?

Mr. Bloggs
20th Nov 2007, 00:19
Womp:
One thing you must learn about most Cathay Pacific pilots is that they lack backbone. Seen it all before here. Poor S/O working on an O day. Don’t think 8929 gave him that flight or the other two blokes would not have been called by Crew Control trying to crew the flight. But hey, maybe he has a mistress in LAX and needed some loving.:=
In any respect, he most likely taken some overtime away from our crisis management rostering system, but he is OK. He doesn’t care if some other S/O was trying to pay one of his medical bills and needed that overtime, but he is fine. That’s all that counts.:ok:
Our North American Comrades have the will to fight for what they believe in and if need be will walk the walk. I can’t say that for Cathay Pilots. Hence you are being ridiculed.:(
You see, most here will work a G, O, or whatever and don’t want fellow pilots posting their flight numbers and dates as people will see what they are doing. They don’t want to be shamed. Others call it intimidation but it’s really shame. That is why they protest.:=
If you are called for a flight on an O or G, then that flight should be posted here.:ok::ok:
I see the flight number was deleted, was that you or the moderator?
BTW, you will always get a 3 for RT.

Jetdriver
20th Nov 2007, 00:39
I see the flight number was deleted, was that you or the moderator?

The moderator ! After a spate of complaints. It is not acceptable to use a real name that is not already in the public domain and although I accept that was not the case here, the details given, presumably made the individual readily identifiable. The thread originator and all contributors to date have utilised their own anonymity whilst in certain cases being less scupulous to others.

This thread has therefore had a minor edit which was one of three choices open to me, however if the offending details are repeated or the thread degenerates the other options are still open.

wombatatico
20th Nov 2007, 01:23
If you look at the master roster, the guy was on an O day not a G day. How do you know he didn't have a roster change from an O to a trip.

Wom, you need to pull your head out from inside your arse.

The pilot in question was on an O day followed by G days. He had to agree to give up his G days in order to operate the flight. It's too difficult to see. Just as it's not too difficult to say "no".

Sorry, but my head is in the clear, how about yourself?

ps - wrong guess at nationality, but I still receive 3's for comm nonetheless...

badairsucker
20th Nov 2007, 02:03
You are clearly a very sad and pathetic little man. :ugh:

csd
20th Nov 2007, 02:31
Wombatatico

Guess that you must have been the school bully?

404 Titan
20th Nov 2007, 02:48
wombatatico

If you did your research thoroughly you would know that the said individual has obviously been asked to do the said flight on the 19th which was an “O” day. By doing this flight he/she has lost exactly the same flight he/she was originally rostered for on the 22nd. I wonder who will do his flight on the 22nd. Maybe the person that does do it will be on substantial overtime? Oh and I forgot to mention, he also gained six days off in a row instead of three by working the 19th.

Mr. Bloggs

Give it a break. You really are sounding like a broken record. It’s all very well for you to act all tough while you are anonymous but history has shown those that act like this are usually the first to cave in under pressure.

wombatatico
20th Nov 2007, 03:53
If you did your research thoroughly you would know that the said individual has obviously been asked to do the said flight on the 19th which was an “O” day. By doing this flight he/she has lost exactly the same flight he/she was originally rostered for on the 22nd. I wonder who will do his flight on the 22nd. Maybe the person that does do it will be on substantial overtime?
I did do my research. That's exactly what I said: an O day followed by G days. As per another pilot earning ovrtime, I hope you're right.

Mr. Bloggs
20th Nov 2007, 04:04
Titan, you are correct, not many walk the walk, out of fear I suppose.:(

From the tone of this thread we still have many working G and O days when it is not required. Many don’t want their flight posted; I assume it’s out of shame.:{

Is it possible that if we didn’t help out so much that we may have been offered a bigger pay rise? Would we have COS 08 forced upon us?:yuk:

If we didn’t fly the freighter, maybe the Freighter Pilots would get a pay rise or better Rostering Practice? That would actually benefit the pax pilots that have to fly the freighter. But it seems no one thinks of that. It’s about ME!:ugh:

If we didn’t use discretion, would it be possible to get better crewing levels?:confused:

I am all for posting these flights.:ok:

Mr. Moderator, will someone be allowed to post the date and flight without rank or is that still a close shave? OUCH!:O

Help me understand why pilots will help out because not long ago you and many other were threaten with you employment (sign or be fired). We have RP’s forced upon us and now a new COS forced upon us. I just can’t seem to understand.:ugh:

404 Titan
20th Nov 2007, 05:00
wombatatico

So let me get this right. You have a problem with a guy who has been asked to work two “O” days, followed by one “G” day and a work day and in return he has now got six consecutive days off plus GDO call out pay. With the exception of the GDO call out pay and the fact that there is no SO scheduled yet to operate on the 22nd, this could very easily have been a mutual exchange of duty. You know that thing that some of us do all the time with varying degrees of success to try and improve our life style. Please don’t tell me that if this fell into your lap you wouldn’t take a little bit of beer money for no extra work and six consecutive days off. Now, how about you give the guy a break. He hasn’t done anything wrong.

NewEssO
20th Nov 2007, 05:47
404 Titan: good to hear some sane rationale. Thanks for that

19weeler
20th Nov 2007, 06:13
6 days off in a row for a 3% pay rise, and an unnegotiated COS rammed down my throat!

GOOD TRADE!!!

Post all the names!!

slapfaan
20th Nov 2007, 06:47
He hasn’t done anything wrong

This idiot has done EVERYTHING wrong..and should be shot!!!!!
It's always the old excuse for working a 'G'...oooh,I needed the cash,I'm so hard up for money..blah blah blah..so HK$ 800 is going to make a huge difference..

The names of 'G' day call-out :mad: should be published on the notice board at dispatch, shall we call it: THE HALL OF NAME AND SHAME:eek:
If you're really so hard up for cash or the urge to work on your G,check the proffering board instead..you'll help out a mate AND make some decent cash..
'It's the little things in life that moves you'..yeah right!!Like a 3% salary raise!!

Numero Crunchero
20th Nov 2007, 06:57
When did contract compliance start? Is it suddenly verbotten to work on days off? Did we not learn from 99/01 that fear and intimidation of our colleagues is what the COMPANY uses not us!?

There has been no directive given to AOA members as to whether to help out or not. I know that many pilots are instituting individual contract compliance but that is their choice.

Whilst I am a union member I refuse to act like some BLF member or wharfie using fear/intimidation/shaming. It is embarrassing and unprofessional to say the least.

I agree that if everyone, and I mean everyone, stopped helping out that would put pressure on the company to effect remunerative changes, as it has with KA. But there has been no such directive from the AOA and there is still the matter of 40% of pilots not being bound by AOA directives.

rhoshamboe
20th Nov 2007, 07:57
Make your own decisions. If you want to work on a G, fine, I'm not going to judge you. But start b*tching to me about getting shafted with your roster or lack of payrise or 3 man longhaul etc I might just tell you to ....

Sleeve_of_Wizard
20th Nov 2007, 08:30
A buddy of mine worked a G day last 2 months ago and it put him in so much overtime that the Company paid him an extra 40,000 for the month. And got more days off to go home to see his kids. Sounds simple to me. So, it probably cost them more to call him out. Good for him.

Mr. Bloggs
20th Nov 2007, 14:01
Wow, I thought Womp and I were the only ones. :confused:

Thanks to all 3 coming to the rescue. I was worried for a moment.:{:{:=

Skylion
20th Nov 2007, 21:53
From these postings, CX seems a pretty miserable place to be. Is anybody happy there? Intimidation of any sort is inexcusable and the resultant atmosphere on the flight deck raises serious safety questions. The threats are reminiscent of the worst of the UK car, dock and other heavy industries decades ago. It must also seriously undermine anyone's enjoyment of being there. Most disturbing.

Rabesh Binny
20th Nov 2007, 22:43
The entire CX management philosiphy is based on intimidation.Rule by stick and not the carrot. It is so draconian that it beggars belief. Do a search for "The Management" & you will get some idea of their english-public-school-playground-bully mentality.(actually that applies to some of the "old school" pilots as well;MFL,PH,et al)
CX is run by absolute ******* but even so the AOA gave away most of our bargaining chips for free.Not working G's is one of the few we have left.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK A "G" IF YOU DONT ANSWER THE PHONE.
DO NOT LOOK AT CREW DIRECT.

Numero Crunchero
21st Nov 2007, 06:05
I agree that if we did withdraw our flexibility CX would struggle to operate all flights. Some GC thinking in 2000 was that the membership should actively help the company so that the sudden withdrawal of that help would cause the wheels to fall off. I don't know if that is a viable option today as too many of our peers are far too disgruntled to help out. In fact I think morale now is as low as I have ever seen it!

So what I suggest is write to your GC and ask them to have contract compliance voted on. Unilateral individual action is not effective. Whilst you may feel good not answering the phone, someone else will. We have almost 1000 non members who don't have to honour an AOA directed contract compliance. And as I have posted before, we have no such directive at this time.

Just because some of you have decided to have your own contract compliance doesn't mean anyone who doesn't is a bad guy. WHat would affect the company more...contract compliance directive from the AOA after a long period of cooperation or contract compliance directive after most pilots had already been on individual contract compliance?

Oval3Holer
21st Nov 2007, 08:02
Skylion, if you didn't read PPRuNe and you worked at CX, you wouldn't even know about any of this crap. People don't whine on the job like the few do who make most of these postings on PPRuNe. The flight deck is pleasant and the whining, if any, is short-lived. 13 hours is too long to sit and whine!

Although some may be miserable, most are "happy." In fact, before every takeoff, the Captain asks, "Is everybody happy?" No one ever says he isn't!

There are over 2000 pilots at CX. Only a few post on PPRuNe. Although there are certainly issues with erosion of working conditions, CX is still a pretty good job. Who ever heard of a pilot who doesn't complain about what he has and whines about what he should have?

Sandwich Officer
21st Nov 2007, 09:33
Those who promote the idea of naming officers publicly for making personal decisions on their work roster, perhaps you could post your own rosters up for all to see, and show us your actions of ballsy defiance.
Who knows, you might end up actually inspiring others to join your cause!

wombatatico
Mr. Bloggs
19weeler
slapfaan
I'm talking to you

Oval3Holer
21st Nov 2007, 16:02
Where do I sign up?

Mr. Bloggs
21st Nov 2007, 22:53
S/O, my roster is viewable. If you see me working on a G day, you have my permission to post my name on any forum of your choosing.:ok:

Happy?

Subwoofer
22nd Nov 2007, 03:37
I haven't gotten a reschedule from CC yet, but I am concerned about how I am going to handle it. Many of us new joiners don't know "how" to deny a G day, and if they threaten us, we don't know what they CAN do to us and what they CAN'T do to us. My plan is to not answer the phone, but what if I get a message when landing from a flight or sim? It would be nice if the AOA or others made it clear what CC can and cannot threaten, and what we can do about it.

routetuner
22nd Nov 2007, 05:06
What a ****** you are !

Numero Crunchero
22nd Nov 2007, 05:12
oval3holer
man are you lucky to fly with so many happy guys. On the two fleets I have been on in the last year there are many many unhappy campers. Still, if you say everyone is happy in your cockpit then I guess they are....do they laugh at all your jokes too;-)

subwoofer
not sure if your question is serious - I will assume it is.
If you have a G day it is guaranteed. The only way they can force it off you is if you are down route and the roster changes. If you are on O days they can reschedule it for anything up to the day before, subject to 12 hours notice (ie if it was an 8am start they need to tell you by 8pm day before). You are not required to be contactable except on reserve and post duties on 8929.

CC guys are just doing their job - if they ask you to help them out you can say no. Please PM me with any specific details or call me,
cheers

Virtual Reality
22nd Nov 2007, 15:22
11. COMMUNICATION WITH COMPANY

It is a requirement that all Flight Crew are in regular communication with the company, other than when on approved annual leave. In this regard Flight crews are responsible for ensuring that they are in receipt of any company communication addressed to them through the GroupWise electronic mail system and that, where required, a suitable response is actioned in timely manner. They shall also be responsible for keeping themselves appraised of other relevant information pertaining to their duties with the Company through IntraCX. This communication shall not interfere with or impact in any way on pre-flight preparation or post flight duties.

The above quote was extracted from Vol 1 part 2 page 2-1-5 para 11. I wonder how should we interpret this para with regard to not answering/entertaining any call from company? Anyone care to elaborate especially this quote "It is a requirement that all Flight Crew are in regular communication with the company, other than when on approved annual leave."?

Are we liable to any diciplinary action for not adhering to the above para?

boxjockey
22nd Nov 2007, 16:46
Just don't answer your phone on days off. At least as SO's, our schedules are good enough that we really don't need to do this. If you want to change your schedule, then use the exchange and proffering system. It's not worth the G day callout pay. I have been called so many times in the last month, I have lost count. They start with the listed number, then to the private. They call my mobile, my home, my girlfriend, my dog, etc. They are getting desperate. Just work your own schedule and they will have to remedy the problem.

box

MAX
22nd Nov 2007, 18:15
Flight crews are responsible for ensuring that they are in receipt of any company communication addressed to them through the GroupWise electronic mail system

Bugger. No internet access until I report for work.:E

MAX:cool: