PDA

View Full Version : Atlas

kd2473
18th Nov 2007, 15:26
Anyone know if they're still hiring? Nothing I can see on the website. If so, any idea of what hours are considered competitive? Is STN still the junior base (would suit me ideally, wife lives in London).
Cheers to anyone who can help

mercpc9
18th Nov 2007, 16:32
Yes, they will be hiring. STN is the junior base, but you do get gateway privileges (airline ticket) to get their which I would suggest taking if you have a US address also. So as not to limit your options.

They have a joint hiring pool with Polar, so there is no guarantee that you would be placed with Atlas. Hiring at Polar would make you a career F/O. I believe Atlas is looking for 1500 hours jet time due to type rating requirements and the lack of a class D sim or something along those lines.

nitty-gritty
13th Jan 2008, 00:17
Some stuff from the Atlas union on hiring Jan 12, 2008

In closing, we have some additional good news to pass on. Last night we were advised that the Company has acquired two additional -400 aircraft for the Atlas fleet. Vice President of Flight Operations Jim Cato put out a voicemail earlier this morning regarding this event. In case you have not heard it yet, the first aircraft, a 747-400F is scheduled to come on line in May and the second, a 747-400BCF is tentatively scheduled to join our fleet in September. With the addition of these 2 aircraft the Company will be hiring an additional 55-60 Crewmembers- above the current planned classes and the we will see between 18-20 additional Captain upgrades over the 18 that were are part of the recently announced staffing award. As Jim said in his message, we can expect a new staffing award shortly, so please make sure your standing bid is up to date. Additionally, we will be meeting with Jim and his team to discuss how to best run this next award, given how soon it will follow 2008-1 bid.

iahtexan747400
13th Jan 2008, 03:18
2500 total turbojet is minimum.

acmi48
13th Jan 2008, 19:45
tfamo after the c check ???

nitty-gritty
17th Jan 2008, 03:41
After having to ride on Polar to deadhead a couple of times last month on my pattern, those Polar crews (all six guys) thought the new A/C were going to Polar. What is the spin in the Polar union camp today?