PDA

View Full Version : cabin condensation

topshed
18th Nov 2007, 11:44
I recently flew on a BA777 and on take off suffered "drips of condensation" from above me into my lap. When I mentioned this to a cabin crew member the response was " Our a/c do it all the time"

Questions - Has anybody else experienced this on BA777's?
Is there an issue with the BA air conditioning that is known
about but "ignored"?

I know that the "blankets" in the wall and roof lining absorb moisture and I suspect this is where the moisture originates from, but I cannot recall this dripping on other a/c types I have flown with BA or other airlines.

Any thoughts?

Bodjit
18th Nov 2007, 15:04
Hi all,

Cold aircraft skin and warm moist air, always makes water..

Nothing to be alarmed about though as long as it doesn't land on any electric bitz..:)

VS-LHRCSA
18th Nov 2007, 16:15
In my crew days, it would always happen on the 777 at Doors 3 in WT. The pax in the exit row by the window seemed to always cop it. If was ever sat at the crew seat, I would warn them before hand and have some paper towels handy, or even pop some in the gaps around the area, seemed to do the trick.

PAXboy
18th Nov 2007, 18:30
Any aircraft can do this as it is dependent upon the relative temperature of internal surfaces and the humidity in the cabin at the time the air con packs are turned on. It only lasts a short time but it can be very disconcerting to those who have not seen it before.