PDA

View Full Version : Dan-Air Pension Scheme

Hugh Jorgen
15th Jan 2002, 23:48
I know this is the dim and distant past, however! My wife was with Dan-Air in the early eighties and recently we have tried to trace her pension fund. Unfortunately she has mislaid the paperwork (who wants to know about pensions at 21!!!) All avenues have come to a thundering halt, including a government department that is supposed to have a record of everybody's pension. BA have no record, Mercers in Glasgow have no record. Is anybody else in the same boat? A windfall from Scottish Widows is at stake, not to mention BA concessions.

A word of warning to you young 'uns out there - keep a track, there is always somebody with their beady eye on your pension fund!!!

Porcupine
16th Jan 2002, 14:54
My wife was also with Dan in the 80s,and I believe that they did'nt start a company pension until about 1988.

dumiel
16th Jan 2002, 22:53
I was led to believe that BA bought the rights to the pension fund when it purchased the company for £1 they would have the pension fund rights if they kept the resulting company in the black for five years. I really would push BA for the info.

Hugh Jorgen
17th Jan 2002, 12:29
Thanks for the replies folks, Dan's definately had a scheme for cabin crew as early as 1978. It was through Scottish Widows and administered by Mercer's in Glasgow. BA say they were not given the paperwork from Mercers and Mercers say they have no record!!

PilotsPal
17th Jan 2002, 15:53
Your first port of call is The Pensions Registry. I'll track down the address and post it here shortly....

PilotsPal
17th Jan 2002, 15:58
The Pensions Registry has a free of charge pension tracing service. It's run through OPRA (www.opra.gov.uk) and you can complete the initial tracing form online.

Address: The Pensions Registry, P O Box 1NN, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE99 1NN

Telephone: 0191 225 6316

PPRuNe Pop
18th Jan 2002, 16:46
I suggest you try the official Dan Air web site, I am sure they will help.

Here is the url.

<a href="http://www.danair.webcentral.com.au/" target="_blank">http://www.danair.webcentral.com.au/</a>

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]

Clamp
19th Jan 2002, 01:29
The pension fund is administered by British Airways Pensions, Whitelock House, 2 Lampton Road, Hounslow, Middx. TW3 1HU. Tel: 0208 5132100.

I lost my Dan pension details, one quick phone call sorted it out. Good Luck

itwilldoatrip
20th Jan 2002, 14:59
I to had a Dan Air pension. My current pension fund to which I transferred it to has picked up "some iregularity" and have contacted BA and are dealing with them.
Try to press them they are responsible. This seems to have opened a can of worms.

PilotsPal
21st Jan 2002, 01:03
Keep careful notes of telephone conversations and all communications. Last resort is the Pensions Ombudsman and he has fairly formidable powers in cases of maladministration.

Porcupine
2nd Feb 2002, 18:51
Hugh,. .Did you check out the Dan website,!! the info I,ve got back today is that it was 1988 when compulsory pensions were introduced for cabin crew,this info comes from Pauline Foden who was Cabin Services Manager at the time,she was also a trustee.. .I,d be grateful to know if you,ve found out anything else,as your query has opened a bag of worms,I think I,ve got a case against a company over pension miss selling.. .P.