PDA

View Full Version : Tanzania or Namibia Opportunities?

Water Wings
17th Nov 2007, 21:24
I know post's like these crop up from time to time but I want to gauge current opinions.

I'm currently a Swamp rat on the 206 with 1200 TT and wanting to move on. Ideally I would like progression to a twin (or a company that has progression to one). I'm not going to get that with my current company. The question I am asking myself is Tanzania or Namibia, which country is more likely going to lead me to a twin job?

I'm aware I am going to have to up and leave my current job and head off to one of these countries and show my face and CV around to get anywhere but I was curious to know what everyone else on here thinks. Where do you guys think the best chances would be?

Not from the African continent originally and my home country is more interested in twin time rather than single engine turbine time which is obviously playing a part in my decision making.

Any opinions/thoughts are welcome.

Cheers
WW

B737 lover
18th Nov 2007, 16:41
Well Water Wings, you can get twin time here in Tanzania flying Senecas or as a First Officer flying Twin Otters and all that according to your experience and your Nationality for the time being, but if you are looking for a good pay, Caravans are there for you and they are unaccountable in this country, which means single engine turbine time that you have already opposed.
I don't know much about Namibia, so unfortunately i can't help you on that.

Voel
19th Nov 2007, 12:06
Lot's of opportunities in Namibia as well. PM me for more details.

bharatraghuvanshi
18th Oct 2008, 10:33
hey voel
can you help me out with opportunities in namibia?I have a FAA multi-commercial instrument rating TT 260 hours and 33 hours on the seneca?
Would appreciate any info
Thanks!

Voel
19th Oct 2008, 14:24
Check the next thread "Namibia opportunities":ok:

SOLFinman
20th Oct 2008, 10:11
Plenty of work in Arusha (TZ). I heard a company called Tanganyika Flying Company (C208/B200 operator) is looking for crew at the moment.

bharatraghuvanshi
20th Oct 2008, 19:43
any contact info for these guys?google turns up nothing.
thanks!

Vialengai
23rd Oct 2008, 03:32
Hi Guys. Tanganyika Flying Company is fully crewed at present, but it may be worth sending your CV's to their Chief Pilot: [email protected] Sadly no guarantee of BE20 at this time, but plenty of C208B!!

bharatraghuvanshi
23rd Oct 2008, 08:05
vialengai
the e-mail to tim at tanganyika flying company bounces back.any other e-mail address or phone numbers?
thanks
cheers!

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Oct 2008, 16:38
How many twins we got left in the country? The Seneca's are either gone or have been belly landed. Of the three I know that are still in country, one spends more time in the hanger than in the air. The other is either grounded or about to be sold. And I think Auric has one. There are two 404's left, both privatly owned. Three 406's though I don't know if all of Tanzanairs one's are flying. One 402 privatly owned and operated. The Aztec is grounded. Sky sold all their twins. Regional only has one twotter left. Most Navajos/Chieftans either grounded for lack of crew, spares, money or crashed and burned. What's happening with Tropicals? Ah and off course the last remaining Partenavia, was junk ten years ago so can't be much better now. I was told seven years ago they stopped making spares for the B models.

Vans are in vogue here, when I came there were only three in Dar, now there are over 20. Good place to build your Turbine command, do some great bush flying and get paid a descent wage. :ok:

The other option is Tanzania's two local airlines, twin multi crew but you spend months waiting to get online and make peanuts in comparison to general aviation :{

But at least the beer is cheap here :}

And the night fighters are not too costly either from what I hear :E

Though some newbies really got screwed over by them, and not in a way that led to a happy ending :D

helldog
24th Oct 2008, 18:04
Soap Box, I thought you were going on the ATR. I have to agree with you the van is great fun, but you must love it more than anyone, how many hours you got on it now.....4000?

Soap Box Cowboy
25th Oct 2008, 00:50
Hehe, not 4000 closer to 3000, yeah am on the ATR, interesting flying in multi crew. Got some good captains, nice to have a schedule that lasts longer than 12 hours. But the pay is pathetic.

And the company is so disorganised you got to find out everything yourself. Still have note recieved my complete uniform after nine months.
But have had the chance to do some freelance flying to make ends meet.

How are you doing Helldog?

406pilot
25th Oct 2008, 17:24
hola people,

nice tally of all the twins in country cowboy, did you leave out the 2 x pathetic islanders on purpose or do they not make the list of your preffered "twins"? you can google up zanair..they have a "tcas" equipped let 410's...

via lengai why whould those emails be bouncing?

i stand to be corrected but i think tanzanairs both f406's are flying and so are both their b200's...i keep seeing the c-310 parked outside, i guess it will fly one day too...i know they provide nice uniform shirts with cool wings...which is more then ANY OF THE LOCAL "AIRLINE" PROVIDE.... PFS

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot.

B737 lover
29th Oct 2008, 08:19
Hi Mr hola,
It seems like you are missing Tanzanair, tired of the dash or the Airline? Anyways the C310 which is parked outside is probably waiting for you to fly it again and get some dollars. Ha ha ha!
Aka benz lover.

aamandani
30th Oct 2008, 08:19
hellow fellow aviators..

just got hired by tanganyika flying company..we are full on board now..i doubt any hiring is going on anymre..if you wer a little early you wud ger on ..gt 2 caravans now and gettin 2 mre in 2 weeks..and a 206 and 182 in janurary..good company excited to strt flying with thm..o ya tnx to no mre 406 who introduced me to the great julian..tc cre guys will let you know if anythng comes up..happy landings to all..

406pilot
1st Nov 2008, 19:34
hola,

nahhhh im not bored of the dash yet brother...anyways its nice to give back something to this profession that has given me everything, i do that by jump starting fellow aviators like aamamdani...your welcome buddy just remember to keep the blue side of the sky up...and remember there are only 2 big mountains in that area and a few thousand hills that you need to stay away from all the rest is simple...

no more 406pilot...

On Final
2nd Nov 2008, 01:17
I may be outdated on my info but what about A-320's at Air Tanzania?

B737 lover
3rd Nov 2008, 08:18
On FInal, the A320 is still flying, what else did you want to know about it?
Aka benz lover.

406pilot
3rd Nov 2008, 16:31
hola people,

on final was that a typo when you asked abt a320's....or do you actually think the airlines got more then 1x320? all the rest of the jet fleet is sold/grounded and the pilots are either freelancing or surfing on pprune as and when time permits...he he he

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
23rd Nov 2008, 15:21
I rather surf on PPrune or freelancing instead of waiting for miracles which don't seem to happen.
Benz lover.

406pilot
24th Nov 2008, 19:33
hola,

FREELANCE? wht do you mean by that? i thought you were back on the roster with them...he he he

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
30th Nov 2008, 06:56
Yes, back on the roster but not employed, only as a backup pilot. Thank God i didn't take a car loan as well. Many thanks to my best friend in Arusha, another benz lover for keeping me away from the loan.
Aka benz lover.

aerorrancio
2nd Dec 2008, 22:01
i'm a spanish (canary islands) pilot and i would like to fly in africa there is any chance?
thanks.:ok: