PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Heads Strip Partial Closure?

Yakfivefive
17th Nov 2007, 19:12
Flew over the strip a few days back and it looked like the eastern end of the E-W was closed? is this the case,if anyone knows could they enlighten a few puzzled aviators?

inthefluffystuff
18th Nov 2007, 17:06
Yak

Been some problems that way!!!!

Crash Lander
19th Nov 2007, 01:01
The East West is closed indefinately apparently. There are big X's mowed into the surface, and all the runway markers have been removed.
Was there last Wednesday.
I wasn't told about it before taking off, but noticed as I was taxiing for take off. There was nobody around when I returned, so I couldn't ask for details, but from what I've heard whispers of, there's no re-opening in sight just now. I have no further info other than that.
I'd suggest it's just the next chapter of the never ending story.:ugh::rolleyes:

Nev Bartos
21st Nov 2007, 00:40
Appears that an ambulance was responded to Barwon Heads Airport just after 11 am today. Allegedly an 40 year old male was assaulted at his business premises, police enroute as well.

Yakfivefive
22nd Nov 2007, 08:11
Nev Bartos

Anymore news on this issue at all?

r sole
23rd Nov 2007, 06:48
looks like a new caravan park is going ahead at BH air field one van already set up ex meatbombing van ?:D

John Walters
23rd Nov 2007, 10:10
McWilliam again out of control and a danger to all aviators.
Who in there right mind would place barriers then a caravan in the middle of a runway without properly marking the runway is closed and issuing a notam.
Authorities should ban McWilliam from all aviation activities within australia for life.
He has endangered aircraft and those in them.
This guy is not a pilot but a parachutist with the Australian Parachute Federation.
About time they took action on this fruit loop.

pall
23rd Nov 2007, 11:34
I thought that interfering with an airport is in fact a Federal Offense. Shouldn't CASA be notified that McWilliam is acting unlawfully?

Not to mention assaulting aviators. I would think that the police should act as this man continues to act unlawfully and even ignores the conditions of a current restraining order.

FOD-Boss
23rd Nov 2007, 12:20
Whilst I couldnt care either way, I just read my ERSA and it seems that Barwon Heads is an unlicensed and unregistered private aerodrome which means it is not required to conform with CASR part 139 in respect to unserviceability markings and NOTAM`s. You require prior permission from the aerodrome operator to land there and I believe any decision to use the aerodrome is the responsibilty of the AOC holder. While the latest actions may be unfriendly I dont think they are breaking any laws. Happy to be proved wrong on that.

Yakfivefive
23rd Nov 2007, 19:39
r sole

Looks like we know where your bed is

inthefluffystuff
28th Nov 2007, 05:27
Hey Hey

Insider you have forgot to put a bit of dribble here!!! Have read the post on the other thread and boy you do have quite a grip on it

pall
28th Nov 2007, 12:14
Closure of the East West Strip by McWilliam will have no significant impact on operations at Barwon Heads. The days that a strong Westerly or Easterly blows at YBRS are so few as to be insignificant.

No one particularly cares if that fool fences off the strip to exercise his right over his land. A similar issue evolved at Torquay between the airport operator and the adjacent land owner of the land on which their East West strip was built. After erection of the fence, operations at Torquay have continued without problems.

So let the mad man have his way. It is of no consequence. All he has achieved is the dissolution of his agreement to allow use of his land for use of the airport. Sadly for him though is that in the same agreement is his permission to access other areas of the airfield for his business. Break the agreement and he has NO RIGHTS at Barwon Heads Airport.

Crash Lander
30th Nov 2007, 01:19
The drifters can still use the East/West anyway, and possibly the Gazelle if it's a howling Westerly, mind you the Gazelle can handle a 20kt crosswind I believe, so that wouldn't really be a problem anyway.

He really hasn't achieved anything other than a little extra bandwidth here on the forums.

inbetweenthesheets
30th Nov 2007, 10:28
Hey insider cop this

In his zeal to cause aggravation to airport users by closing the e/w runway
Mc William has breached an intervention order placed on him by the Geelong Magistrates Court 9/10/2007 which is active until 5/2/2008. :ooh:
(And guess who knows? Yep, you guessed it, the boys in blue.):ok:

Part 5 of the order reads

Causing another person to engage in conduct prohibited by this order

Part 6 of the order reads

“Further order that the defendant be prohibited from entering the active area of the airfield other than when crossing from his house to his paddocks when safe to do so in a straight line and for bona fide purpose of attending his office; or the following purposes:

(1) on or before the 16th October 2007, to attend at the hangar owned by Allan Walker for the sole purpose of removing property owned by the defendant or his business.
(2) Travelling from his office to the airfield to board a plane to participate in skydiving from such plane.

And the best part reads

WARNING If you do not obey this Order you may be arrested and charged with a criminal offence.
A breach of this Order carries a maximum penalty of $24000 or 2 years imprisonment. :D

Well Mr insider what do you have to say about this?
From what you write you know the lot, perhaps you could represent him in court.:p

pol
30th Nov 2007, 10:38
:ok:It's been coming for a long time JUSTICE that is:ok:

YPJT
30th Nov 2007, 22:47
wooohooo!!
Talk your way out of that Insider and stay fashionable.

McWilliam is not only a joke to GA and residents of the Barwon Heads region. Certain elements in the Australian Parachute Federation also wish they could ditch him.

Crash Lander
30th Nov 2007, 23:29
If his behavior in the last 6 months has any bearing, his chances of success in the pending court proceedings in the new year just went the way of his parachuting buisness, and his reputation.
Straight down the tubes! (as if they were any good in the first place!)
HAHAHA!
Great news! :ok:

pall
2nd Dec 2007, 08:49
No question about it he is a mad man. Anyone else would use a common sense approach to resolve the outstanding issues and get on with life. This man is hell bent on a foolhardy self destructive path. It will only end in abject failure and humiliation for him.

And all I can say about that is, he deserves it.

John Walters
2nd Dec 2007, 09:26
Looks like Lukey boy has overstepped the mark this time.

Maybe hes been puttin to much ice in the old mans McWilliams cream sherry.

look forward to the next chapter.

Rocket Rob
5th Dec 2007, 18:22
Caravan

Hell I was so excited when I heard old Lukey BOY had a caravan at BH Airfield,I almost wet my pants with excitement over the thought of seeing this up close. You know monster of an engine and all that stuff, but hell when I saw it I could not believe my eyes it was a bit tatty with heaps of writing all over it.

For f****s sake it was an old real caravan and parked proudly in the middle of the East - West runway with the intent of causing more grief,this BOY (still dancing like a wank*r) thinks he is rather smart with this stupid act of defiance of a court order on him.

So all who may pass this way have a good look at this object of stupidity and pray he does not come to a strip near YOU.

accc
6th Dec 2007, 01:53
RS480, Pol, yakfivefive and the rest of the ‘Thug Club’ with schizophrenia, Sorry to rain on your parade with the truth.
Due to the ongoing hostilities and assaults directed at one of the owners of the airfield by a few insane club members, he rightfully withdrew permission for the Aero Club to use or attended his land, and honestly if it was me I would have told them long ago to go elsewhere!
In relation to Tyack assaulting Lucky, in July, I have no doubt based on past history that yet again the Thug Club has set him up. My question is after seeing someone that you allegedly fear and is suing you, why would you go onto his property and approach him ‘obviously looking for trouble’.
I also understand that the judge who issued the order has some explaining to do? With a conflict of interest, I sure hope for him that he did not take a dip into Hawke’s piggy bank. $$$:=
So what does the ‘Thug Club’ do? They set a camera up in Hawke’s hanger complete with tripod, and again trying to trap Lucky by driving onto his property and stealing Luckys stuff! :D
I heard Lucky directed them to leave, so instead of leaving they decided to beat the crap out of him!:oh: (There is a great decision if I have ever heard one:ok:)
They even had a stand over man trying to crush his windpipe:E!
Come on Hawke, why don’t you post the video footage on UTUBE and give us all a look. Then we can be our own judge without the conflict of interest!

John Walters
6th Dec 2007, 08:35
ACCC has raised his ugly little head again with more crap and lies. His mate Lukey boy now owns absoloutly no part of the BHA and he can piss off and cause problems elsewhere.
Before he goes get him to replace the fence asap to make it final as he threatened weeks ago but he hasn't got the guts to do it.
The McWilliam clan must be very proud of Lukey boy and the problems he has caused. His money and threats this time won't get him out of the mess hes in unless he offers before court.
The sugestion of setting up Lukey boy, what a joke, he is such a fool no one needs to set him up, he creates his own problems without any help. His wife has also had enough of his problem making.
He needs time now to prepare for a big few months ahead with what appears breaches of the intervention order, assault charges, fighting casa in the aat and his ongoing actions in the federal court. All will be very costly losses.
Going to cost him big time. If he had any cents he would bail out now, but hes too thick for that.
Oh!! The film, really shows who the agressor is and Lukey boy will hope that it doesn't become public, he will be embarrased by pedelling that the others involved were doing wrong.
All for now ACCC one day you might accept youve backed another looser.

pol
6th Dec 2007, 09:06
ACCC
We know who suffers with schizophrenia and I challenge you to have the balls to make these wild accusations in the public arena.:uhoh:
NOT a snowballs chance in HELL of that happening is there, as you’re a coward just like the boy who BASHES OLD PEOPLE.:ouch:
You hide behind pprune and challenge Hawke to post the video footage on UTUBE.:uhoh:
I challenge you to confront Hawke face to face with the same request; of course you would need to warn him in advance so he could have the shades on so he was not blinded by the YELLOW STREAK.:\
Non acceptance of the challenge will confirm what we all know; you are a LIAR and a COWARD.:{
pol

inbetweenthesheets
6th Dec 2007, 09:19
ACCC

LIAR and COWARD or not a LIAR and COWARD that is the question.

Well the chips are down, I’d say it’s time for you to come up with the goods or shut up.:oh:

Inbetweenthesheets

sabre150
6th Dec 2007, 10:11
Why not post the video so we can all decide ?

Sounds like there is two sides to every story !

Sunfish
6th Dec 2007, 19:22
No, don't post any video if its likely to be used as evidence in a court case, and don't discuss the matter anymore either.

Furthermore ACCC, if you criticise the judge involved in the case any further, I will personally report your ravings to the Magistrate concerned.

Yakfivefive
6th Dec 2007, 20:22
ACCC

Get your facts straight you Wan*er, I do not belong to any AERO CLUB at all so your vitriol on myself is a bit off cue but I do know you are the PILOT who never was in the big aviation game. Also found out you king hit people or attack other A/C with a puny tiger (court records show that was a mistake on your part) so why do you now befriend the LUKEY boy after you BASHED him at your field?

pol
8th Dec 2007, 10:03
Those court records refer to RANDY and TIGER MOTH WORLD.
Is it possible that by badmouthing Barwon Heads he thinks it will be beneficial to his business, surely not? He’s such a nice chap.
He is so generous he is allowing Australian Skydivers to operate at Tiger Moth World. ;)
Funny that, as one of the Directors of Australian Skydivers (the old bald fat fellow) used to be Lucy’s CI, the one that dobbed Lucky in to the APF for dropping thru cloud at the winery on Anglesea Road and had Lucky suspended.:p
Seems to be dog eat dog (or maggot in this case) in the skydive world.:D
Oh another thing ACCC the question LIAR and COWARD no answer to date. :E

inthefluffystuff
8th Dec 2007, 10:34
ACCC

ACCC you really are an off the track git, get the facts straight about whom is the thug around this area, oh you have a wonderful reputation for honesty? about time you stopped pushing your barrow for torqair because I can see no reason for you to be buying into this problem with an operator that thinks CASA rules are not worth sticking to (re jumping through cloud) and then blame everyone else who sees fit to advise the department about breaches of rules. The way you carry on you would think that the heaps of breaches have only been by a few locals but if you care to check you may be very surprised how many pilots have been affected. Do you forget the attack you gave him a few years ago by thug behaviour ? I suppose that was justified in your mind!

pol
13th Dec 2007, 08:31
ACCC and theinsider where were you today ????
THE PARTY WAS ON but NO ONE TURNED UP.
Lucky’s 40th birthday and no appearance by either of you! :uhoh:
The baloons were out, Lucky had cut the grass, and all was set for the PARTY OF THE YEAR but, NO GUESTS!!!!:p
No Randy, No Baley, No Dawson, No Windsor, No Maitland what’s going on, was the telephone box to small boys???(Well I guess with Windsor & Maitland it would have been a tight squeeze) surely the FAT BLONDE TART didn’t forget to invite his mates!!! (God you would disappear if she sat on you):(
Or maybe the phantom mail shredder may have had a finger in the pie and beat you to the letter box. (Better check with the Police Lucky could be another complaint):E
NOT TO WORRY LUCKY ALL YOUR BIRTHDAYS AND CHRISTMASSES’ WILL COME IN MARCH!!!:ok::ok:

QNIM
24th Dec 2007, 10:21
Gday accc, lucky and theinsider
Just attended the club for a Chrissy drink and a nibble Saturday evening, so many attending, standing room only.
The club folding, I think not, you guys should organise your own exclusive celebration, and invite all your friends, I think a phone booth should prove quite adequate, accc don’t forget to bring a shovel and wear your heavy boots as someone, after a few drinkies may discuss politics and agree with the result of the last federal election.
Anyway Ppruners have a merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year.
Cheers Q