PDA

View Full Version : Dassault Falcon 20 Type Rating

Pilot Billy
17th Nov 2007, 17:26
Hi Everyone,

I've finally landed a job that involves a type rating and wondered if anyone out there has notes or any advice for a Falcon 20 Type rating course?

I'd just like to get a head start on the study as I have too much spare time at the moment.

Would appreciate any replies.

Cheers :)

P.S. For those of you who are still trying to find work, hang in there & keep sending those CVs, it really does happen.......... Eventually!

Tmbstory
18th Nov 2007, 10:22
Pilot Billy,

Congratulations,
It is a good aircraft, what will your course be,First Officer or Command.

I spent a lot of time in this type of Corporate Jet and held Regulatory Approvals for the necessary Check and Training on the aircraft type.

Let me know what manuals you may already have for study.

Any questions you may have, I will do my best to answer.

Tmb

Pilot Billy
18th Nov 2007, 21:32
Hey Tmb,

Thanks very much. I'm due to start the TR in Jan, in Paris, not sure where. It'll be my first FO post, been single crew until now. Very excited, but fully aware that a TR course isn't an easy ride. Would be very grateful for any notes or info on where to find anything that I could be studying whilst I have the spare time. I haven't been given any notes as yet.

Cheers

Tmbstory
19th Nov 2007, 14:33
Pilot Billy

I do have the Normal & Emergency Check lists & an Operating Manual (large)

A first suggestion is to go to Google Search, type in "Avions Marcel Dassault Falcon 20" , that should give you a lot of information on the background to the Falcon series.

Do you know the series of the Falcon (eg. C,D,E,or F.) ?

Tmb

Pilot Billy
19th Nov 2007, 15:26
Hello again Tmb,

Have 'Googled' the Falcon 20 but not had much luck finding anything that might help with the TR.

Thanks for your advice tho. I believe its the D & E Series with the glass cockpit.

Many thanks.

Crosswind Limits
19th Nov 2007, 17:57
Why don't you contact the TRTO and get a CD from them? If it's Flight Safety I am sure they'll be happy to send you one.

Tmbstory
20th Nov 2007, 18:07
Pilot Billy

Please check your PM section

Tmb

Tmbstory
22nd Nov 2007, 07:21
Pilot Billy

Thanks for the reply by pm, good study and enjoy the Falcon

Tmb

angelorange
22nd Nov 2007, 13:16
Why not talk to the FRA CP at Bournemouth or Teeside? FRA operate most of the Falcon 20s in existence. Have fun!

Pilot Billy
23rd Nov 2007, 18:12
Thanks everyone for your posts, I appreciate your advices. I've found a source for the info I was hoping for, but do appreciate everyones' time.

Cheers and happy landings ;)

PB