PDA

View Full Version : NE1 Been to Sunstate interview?

Ice Tongs
11th Aug 2001, 09:59
Anyone been to a Sunstate (Qantaslink) interview in Brisbane recently? Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated.

Vertigobabe
11th Aug 2001, 10:24
Ice Tongs,

I was invited to a Sunstate interview on back on the 11th April.
Initially there was around 18 candidates and the room was divided into 4 tables with a sunstate representative at each table.
They show you a video and have a chat about the company etc etc.
After that we had to introduce ourselves and tell them a little about our background. We were then asked what we knew about the company (so do your research with destinations/history etc) We were also given problem solving scenarios like: a passenger is complaining of chest pain or you don't have enough catering what do you do?
Just remember it's not so much what you say because they want to see how you interact with other people.
Best of luck.

smile
11th Aug 2001, 12:31
How many people do Sunstate contact at a time? I have been registered with them for about two months now and I update (or just resend) my info at least twice a month!

Ice tongs did you apply by cabincrew.cv or by sending in your resume?

:confused:

Ditch
15th Aug 2001, 13:58
The Qantas regionals, (Eastern,Southern,Sunstate only) dont really have much of a staff turnover as far as Cabin Crew go. The only time they ever really need to recruit is when a new aircraft is set to arrive, cabin crew go on maternity leave, or a Qantas shorthaul conversion course is scheduled. Resignations are very rare, and as such the regionals keep quite a healthy number of succesful applicants on file. Do not despair though, there is another Qantas shorthaul conversion school towards the end of the year, and all regionals will need to replace experienced crew. Good luck to you all, I have many friends who fly regional, and they love it, and so will you. Stay positive... and keep applying... ;) ;)

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: Ditch ]

cabinboy
16th Aug 2001, 05:41
smile,

Isn't it costing you heaps of $$$$ to keep updating your resume on staff.cv.com ?

I've already forked out over AUD 50.00 to be on that website with no such luck for any interviews yet.

Doesn't it keep costing you to change ?

smile
16th Aug 2001, 15:40
It doesn't cost me a thing because i am still on my first 'free' airline.

Little scared to apply for any more because then I would spend my time working just to pay off my job hunt!!