PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire in Orlando

cabin lad
10th Aug 2001, 02:24
Does anyone know where I can get a good deal for car hire in Orlando? I have tried Interline and they have sort of sorted me out but a lot of companies vary so much. So come on you lot I'm asking the audience?? :confused:

Mr Pax
10th Aug 2001, 15:30
Try looking at http://www.ebookers.com
Alamo Gold all inc. is quite reasonable. :cool:

rekcarc
10th Aug 2001, 20:14
Hi Cabin Lad
I have used Alamo 4 times now when hiring in the US. Just ring the general number(i cant remember what it is but I got it from directory enq) and say you are aircrew. They give you a third discount of normal rates and all insurance etc is included. You just need to show your id when you collect at the airport. Last time I used them was Orlando in May for a week and it was £99 with just petrol extra to pay - that was the cheapest car they did though. I rang quite a few and the one touchdown reccomends and alamo are always cheapest for me
Happy Driving :)

airbourne
11th Aug 2001, 08:03
Same for me, except I waited until I was in Orlando, went to the car rental desks, showed a bit of ID and got a nice discount. Whilst travelling in Orlando, carry your ID everywhere including Busch Gardens which have an association with some of the airlines, cant remember which ones though!

euroboy
12th Aug 2001, 14:15
I`ve used Alamo 0800-272300 and Holiday Autos 0870-400-0000.
Both companies offer all in packages which covers all insurances and taxes paid and cancellation protection.
However, dont upgrade your car when you arrive as it will cost you more than hiring the same group of car here in the UK.
If you hire a car with the all in package there are no extra charges to pay on arrival when picking up the car. Some rental agents have been know to try charging extras and getting you to upgrade the car.
Usually the compact and imtermediate OK size and there is very little in the price for rental. Probably best to avoid the economy size. Car very basic and offen does not come with parcel shelf. I also believe this GM Metro is a 3 cyliner job.

Have fun! :cool:

Desk Driver
13th Aug 2001, 16:45
Try www.suncars.com (http://www.suncars.com)

cabin lad
17th Aug 2001, 21:46
Thanks to you all for your replies and help. I ended up using Alamo in the end and had a great time!! :cool: