PDA

View Full Version : Google Ads on PPRUNe medical & health forum, another whinge.

gingernut
17th Nov 2007, 08:39
I know this has been discussed before, but is anyone else worried about some of the stuff advertised by the side of posted medical problems?

I guess there's an argument that people could just as easilly go search google, but who checks out the robust from the "snake oil," for our vulnerable posters?

Hawk
17th Nov 2007, 09:24
Gingernut. As a member of this Site, you are entitled and welcome to PM Admin1 directly for an explanation of advertising arrangements.

Thank you.

gingernut
17th Nov 2007, 13:32
Fair enough, but I guess I was trying to stimulate debate, rather than seek an explanation.

Have you seen some of the ads accompanying some of the posts? It was the prostate post that worried me slightly.

Guess it's no worse than our surgery carrying patient information leaflets, (sponsored by Flora) or my local pharmacy stocking cough medicine or selling me some equally useless potion.

Just wondered what the others felt, perhaps I'm overeacting, and shouldn't be too paternalistic.

If you feel the debate is unreasonable, or causes trouble for the site,feel free to delete this post.

Cheers, ginge.:)