PDA

View Full Version : GA Santa Flights

G-SPOTs Lost
16th Nov 2007, 20:39
Have had a request to fly to Rovaniemi for a Santa Visit,

3 Questions:

1. Do telex do reindeer antlers for the headsets..

2. Best GA Handler there (if any)

3. Google has thrown up www.santapark.fi as things to do when the pax get there, but is there anything else we can do for them that is a bit more upmarket. Apparently Santa lives in a breezeblock shack with pseudo wooden log corners between a ice vodka bar and a kiddy train ride that is about 10meters in diameter. Yes I do know that Santa lives much nearer the North Pole :}

Its the bosses grandkids it could do with going well.... :rolleyes:

Cheers

ESSEX BOY
17th Nov 2007, 08:35
1, I'm sure you could find some on ebay, probably a good attachment that could make a lot of money :}

2, I think there is only one handler there, they were very efficient though. Arranged transport for the pax and crew into town all on the bill, nice hotel for a couple of days. Get there early on your day of departure for de-icing and warming aircraft etc. It was -20 when I last went there (get the toilet emptied). If your lucky and get in early enough you'll most likely be able to get the aircraft in a hangar.

fairly nice but small town ... lots of night life, which is just aswell as lots of night. good to see the northern lights on a clear night in right conditions.

3, The santa's village is out of town and fairly close to the airport, mainly just lots of shops selling crap but a few good things, not cheap. There are some activities aswell though. If your staying there and weather permits there are many tour guides that arrange sledge rides and snow mobiles etc and some good stuff out of town.

I had quite good fun over the few days. I think the kids liked it to :E

ps. watch out for santa, think he's got a Mode S exemption. :p

Pack warm !

EB

pfnotflying
18th Nov 2007, 15:16
for routes check the CFMU website.
The handler that we used was good but not friendly. Quite often the runway is iced but almost always the braking action is good. Downtown there are not so much, some pubs and hotels.

tallinnman
22nd Nov 2007, 12:19
www.arcticsafaris.fi can arrange excellent itineraries