PDA

View Full Version : Safe to go to Emirates?

Vertigobabe
21st Sep 2001, 04:44
I was thinking of going emirates but was wondering how safe it will be because of the war?
Any suggestions?

Blue Boy
21st Sep 2001, 08:27
What War?

It's all OK over here. Don't worry about a thing.

euroboy
21st Sep 2001, 13:16
War?
Not yet, anyway.
Way I look at things is, why put your life on hold?
If its going to happen ITS going to happen, so enjoy!
Have fun with Emirates, hear they are good to work for.

Eliason
21st Sep 2001, 13:25
Just wondering - with going emirates do you mean: going to the emirates (UAE) or going with Emirates Airlines?

I'd say both is safe. Business here (in Dubai) is as usual - and I'd say flying is as safe (or unsafe) as always.

smile
22nd Sep 2001, 02:15
Firewall, if are really worried about heading off into the unknown it may be a good idea to talk to someone at the Aussie embassy (or some other govt group that deals in foreign issues). It may help eleveate your fears. Also if you do go, check in at our embassy once there just in case the unthinkable does happen.

Borneo Wild Man
29th Sep 2001, 18:29
Rumour has it entire crews are going sick for some flights.Feel sorry for the call outs and up to 200 may have resigned!
What do you think?

sweety
29th Sep 2001, 20:05
If those rumours are true, those peolpe are really silly! I think everyone knows by know - it's safer to fly now than ever. With all extra security, especially in places like these, can't be safer.

Going off sick just because you are scared to fly is bad, very bad. In that case they should resign. :cool:

SPICEBOY
30th Sep 2001, 20:09
Same thing happened in '91 after Desert Storm. Gives others a chance to get in tho'. :cool:

soggyboxers
30th Sep 2001, 21:49
Are we mice or men?
......squeak, squeak, squeak - more cheese anybody ;)

Capt PPRuNe
1st Oct 2001, 15:20
Thread closed until Firewall fixes email address as all notification of replies are bouncing to me. :mad: