PDA

View Full Version : Booze, Brisbane, December... it's Brisbash time again!

OzExpat
16th Nov 2007, 07:23
Party Time!
Yes folks, it's that time of the year again and we all look forward to the annual Brisbash. This year's event will be at the Brekky Creek pub because of it's closer proximity to decent overnight accommodation... I much prefer a close staggering/crawling distance than a drunken taxi ride where the rip-off potential is pretty extreme! :eek:

The Date : Saturday, 15 December 2007.
The Time : From 16:00 onwards - or earlier, if you like! ;)

The pub tends to get booked out by large groups so there might not be a table to occupy right away, but we'll do our best.

For those who don't know where the venue is, check out the Breakfast Creek Hotel website. (http://www.breakfastcreekhotel.com/)

The address is :-
2 Kingsford Smith Drv
Breakfast Creek, QLD
Australia, 4010

There's loads of acommodation along Kingsford Smith Drive, ranging in price and quality from :yuk: to :eek: so there's plenty of variety to choose from! :}

Who else is up for this year's event?

GoGirl
20th Nov 2007, 22:41
present and accounted for sir ;)

C'mon slackers, get yer party socks on and get down to the Breakky Creek 15th December!

GG xx

The Voice
21st Nov 2007, 01:21
oh .. looks like there's a party brewing!! :E maybe I'll be there and maybe I won't .. depends on a couple of other things that need to get done by 17/12 .. :ugh:

WannaBeBiggles
21st Nov 2007, 06:42
If I'm back from Europe in time, count me in! :ok:

PyroTek
21st Nov 2007, 12:11
aww too young, ah well, i might come next year, ill be 18 by then =)

tipsy2
22nd Nov 2007, 08:49
I'll be there as long as I can get a saucer of MILK oh and the day off:ok:

tipsy:D

tail wheel
23rd Nov 2007, 00:13
WARNING:

PPRuNe will not be responsible for the inevitable personal damage at any social event organised at the Breakkie Creek Hotel by GG, Tipsy and OzExpat.

OzExpat and Tipsy at last year's Brisbash:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Brisbash.jpg

OzExpat
23rd Nov 2007, 06:32
Ah yes, the well-known morning after the night before! Tailwheel should've been in the photo too, but he'd slunk off hours earlier because he couldn't keep up the pace! :p

WannaBeBiggles
23rd Nov 2007, 07:08
Flights booked back home! So count me in!!! :ok:

OzExpat
26th Nov 2007, 07:07
Looks like you'll have to dig out the old PPRuNe banner again for this year, GG!

Typsy... make that 2 days off mate. We're bound to need the recovery time because I'm betting that tailwheel will be in "the photo" this year! :}

WannaBeBiggles... consider yourself counted in! :ok: The admission price is a saucer of milk for Typsy. :E

WannaBeBiggles
26th Nov 2007, 14:01
Saucer - CHECK
Milk - CHECK .... Does it have to be FRESH milk??? :E

tipsy2
26th Nov 2007, 23:07
Yes ! the milk must be fresh and preferably low fat.:rolleyes:

That allows me to have my favourite Kit-Kat's as well.:D

tipsy:E

sinala1
27th Nov 2007, 10:12
Are lowly Cabin Crew invited to attend said gathering? I will be good, I promise :E

tipsy2
28th Nov 2007, 06:15
sinala1 this is a PPRuNe bash, PPRuNers welcome. Also because I have never met a "lowly Cabin Crew", I would love to meet you. Then I will be able see what's different to the normal Cabin Crew I know. :ooh:

That is of course provided you bring low fat MILK and KIT-KAT:E

tipsy:ok:

sinala1
28th Nov 2007, 06:51
That is of course provided you bring low fat MILK and KIT-KAT
I will see what can be arranged :E

tail wheel
28th Nov 2007, 07:49
sinala1

Words of warning..........

Fools venture where wise men fear to tread! :E

The Brisbash collective IQ diminishes in inverse proportion to your bank balance! :}

Linguistic skill improves in direct proportion to booze consumed. After two hours OxExpat speaks Double Dutch fluently. After four hours Tipsy purrs in Braille!

:} :}

sinala1
28th Nov 2007, 08:05
Linguistic skill improves in direct proportion to booze consumed. After two hours OxExpat speaks Double Dutch fluently. After four hours Tipsy purrs in Braille!

Perfect... I am already known for my ability to speak copius amounts of Bovine Excrement (I believe its a skill bestowed upon Aviators the world over) and my fluency in said language increases exponentially as cans of Jim Beam disappear...

Tipsy purring in Braille? That in itself is a reason to attend :E

Pseudonymn
28th Nov 2007, 09:25
I'll be there as long as I can get a saucer of MILK oh and the day off:ok:

tipsy:D

Here ya go, tips... watch out, it's 112 proof milk. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/tiere/animal-smiley-030.gif

OzExpat
29th Nov 2007, 11:37
tail wheel... pot calling kettle... :}

Okay, time for a quick roll-call of attendees...

Tailwheel and Mrs Tail.
GG and Tipsy
WannaBeBiggles
sinala1
TV... maybe
Me... for sure! :ok:

Any others?

Hey, Pseudonymn, Brissy ain't all that far from Newcastle! ;)

Pseudonymn
30th Nov 2007, 06:46
OzExpat, no BrisVegas isn't that far from Newcastle, but I have to go to a joint birthday party on that day. :\

The PM
30th Nov 2007, 06:58
Joint being the operative word - it is HUGE, she rolled it December 15 a year ago and couldn't bring herself to light up....
I'll see myself out shall I Pseudonym?
:}

Pseudonymn
30th Nov 2007, 07:01
You do that, Kevie-boy...

landy01
1st Dec 2007, 09:09
I'm in -Ozexpat have sent you a pm

tinpis
2nd Dec 2007, 02:18
Breakfast Creek (http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=145&ContentID=49168) drinking banned

OzExpat
2nd Dec 2007, 11:20
Pseudonymn... Okay but you won't get out of it that easy NEXT year! :}

landy01... Yes mate, PM duly received. Don't forget the saucer of milk for tipsy! :E

Thanks for that tinpis. If the rule change happens next year, we'll worry about it then. All the more reason to make merry this year eh? :ok:

Bendo
7th Dec 2007, 11:53
Ok..

... I have to do a survey of Port Brisvegas on Friday.

'twould be a pity if the aircraft broke down and had to stay o'night at AF wouldn't it? :E

... gee it's only been about 6 years since I'e seen GG... and wasn't it my Ansett interview I last saw Tipsy? :ooh:

OzExpat
9th Dec 2007, 04:33
Commisserations in advance, Bendo, for the pending malfunction at AF! :E

tipsy2
9th Dec 2007, 05:29
Hey Bendo, you are correct, however your attending that interview did neither of us any good!

I also had a little choke when I saw your photo on "another" thread.

Good luck with your 'serviceability' issues.

tipsy.......................:E

GoGirl
9th Dec 2007, 10:48
Well now, seems like the usual 'threats' are alive and well :cool:
After the week I am about to have, I can honestly say I am looking forward to this :E
I can feel a LIIT coming on....
GG :ok:

OzExpat
11th Dec 2007, 12:00
Oh, nooooooooo.... not another LIIT! :eek:
I don't think we really need to go THERE again GG! :}

Torres
12th Dec 2007, 11:29
OK, I'll bite. GG - what is a LIIT? :confused: :confused:

I'm currently carrying out a brain cell audit to assess whether my cranium can afford another mass brain cell hari kari, as occurred at previous functions organised by GG, Tipsy and Ozexpat! :{

john_tullamarine
12th Dec 2007, 22:21
previous functions organised by GG, Tipsy and Ozexpat

hallelujah, brothers !!!

...... ooohhhh .... aching head ...

OzExpat
13th Dec 2007, 07:26
It's a really great way to get pished really quickly, Torres!

LIIT = Long Island Iced Tea. Among the ingredients is Vodka, Gin, Tequila and Rum. You can almost smell it coming from the bar! :ok:

Look forward to catching up with you again mate!
Likewise j_t, who has missed every OzBash since 2002! Wow... talk about a long time between drinks, eh? :eek:

john_tullamarine
13th Dec 2007, 21:23
... shortly after the last ... I took on a contract which, while being very interesting and generally satisfying .... keeps me off the streets and out of the pubs ... the boat hasn't been off the trailer for several years as well ... I am doing something wrong ...

OzExpat
14th Dec 2007, 06:50
Yer definitely doing something wrong j_t - it's the priorities, mate! :}

Anyway, for those who WILL be there and maybe having trouble finding us, my mobile nr is 0439 753 931. I expect to arrive at the Brekky Creek pub, in company with GG and tipsy around 16:00 or perhaps just a tad earlier. I'm already in Brisbane and will try a practice session tonight... just to be sure I've got the necessary "recent experience", you understand. :E

OzExpat
15th Dec 2007, 03:23
So it looks like being 8 or 9 starters for the event. In order of posts :-

OzExpat
GoGirl
WannaBeBiggles
tipsy2
sinala1
landy01
Bendo... perhaps
Torres and Mrs T... subject to the (still) pending result of his brain cell audit. :}

We generally find a few others turn up as well, plus a few last minute cancellations, but it should be a good group anyway. Less than 2 hours to party time! :ok:

sinala1
15th Dec 2007, 04:02
plus a few last minute cancellations
:{

Alas I now fall under that title... Less than an hour to go till kick off time and they called me off reserve

Have a drink for me folks, wish I could be joining you but now can't

Bendo
15th Dec 2007, 05:01
... The survey has been put off till tomorrow so sadly, I too fall in the "soft" category.

One day I'll make it... :hmm:

WannaBeBiggles
15th Dec 2007, 22:31
Sorry that I could't make it guys, was also called in to work :{

morno
15th Dec 2007, 23:00
WannaBe, they probably won't see that message until Friday, they'll be too hungover and rooted to be able to even turn the computer on, :}

Torres
16th Dec 2007, 08:08
Good to catch up with GG, Tipsy and Ozexpat. And in case you thought my excuse for early departure was fabricated............

At home Sunday morning!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Home.jpg

See ya all again next December!!! :ok: :ok:

OzExpat
17th Dec 2007, 10:55
Sorry for the loooong delay in responding folks but you know how it is after a bash! :ouch: This is (obviously) the first time I've been able to get back here since my post on Saturday afternoon so, yes, we were all disappointed that sinala1, Bendo and WannaBeBiggles didn't make it.

Torres, ol' mate, I never doubted you for a moment. I'm glad that the Jag made it back home in one piece! :}

I've been a bit slow getting the photos organised but the fact is that I've been waiting for GG to e-mail some of her photos to me. I need them to complete the collection - not that there's a lot of photos though - we were too busy drinking and talking BS! But, just for the record...

GG, tipsy2 and yours truly were the first to arrive - a tad later than intended because of a delay in getting a cab from the accommodation venue in Bowen Hills. None of us had expected to have such a problem at that time of day because we'd never had it in any previous years. Anyway, we were just finishing our first drink when landy01 turned up with a non-Prooner mate. Seeing that our drinks were just about exhausted, landy01 and mate did the right thing and bought the next round, so the bash was well and truly underway.

No sign of Torres at that stage but a call to him by GG revealed that he'd be there in 10 minutes.

Half an hour later, he finally arrived! :}

A good time was had by all, but there's a slight chance that the pub might be missing one of their "reserved" signs... :uhoh:

The plans are already well in hand for next year's event and the venue will be very different, though the basic game plan will be the same, of course! :E

tipsy2
18th Dec 2007, 01:43
Still waiting for my saucer of MILK and my KIT KAT:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Otherwise I think I had a good time:D:D

tipsy:ok: