PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Madrid!!

DVR6K
10th Jan 2002, 20:31
Hiya,

Now, my girlfriend is coming over to visit me out here in Madrid next week. I live on the 8th floor of a windy tower block near Barajas airport, hardly the most romantic of locations and was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels in the city that are both fairly plush and accept AOPA member discounts?? I´m a poor 20 year old student but just thought I´d treat her to a night away somewhere posh.

Any crews ever stayed anywhere here?

I know of loads of places here but trying to explain AOPA to people here really is stretching my Spanish to it´s absolute limits!

Cheers!

Confirmed Must Ride
11th Jan 2002, 12:33
Well a posh hotel in MAD is the Hotel Angel. Not to sure where it is in central MAD. Very plush and take discounts.

micheal
11th Jan 2002, 13:11
Hi DVR6k

The hotel Miguel Angel is at the bottom of the castallana, right next to the La Caxia head quarters, on calle Miguel Angel. The Palace hotel on Paseo del Prado is expensive but nice.
If you want to get out of Madrid for a short break I would recommend Pedraza, an old fortress style village near Segovia, about an hour and 15 north of Madrid on the N1. Segovia is also nice, but if you really fancy going to the middle of the countryside, visit the hotel Termes, near montejo de termes (N1 north). I spent a lot of time there, very remote, but a beautiful location. If you need any details e-mail me on [email protected].

Elsa sp
16th Jan 2002, 01:11
Hi!
First day for me in this forum, I'm from Spain but I'm living in UK, Miguel Angel Escultor is a very good choice, and there is another one in the same street with excellent suits and it's cheaper I can't remember the name, but it shuld not be difficult to find it it's 300m down the street. If your aopa discounts are not accepted try with this, go to a travel agency and ask for "cheques de bancohotel" for 7.500pta (that's 3.750 per person not too bad!)you will have a double room in the best hotels of Spain, in Madrid is especially convinient for weekends.
Hope this helps!
Elsa

Capetonian
18th Jan 2002, 02:56
If you want to go for a 'romantic' weekend get out of Madrid and go to one of the smaller towns such as Aranjuez, Segovia or Toledo, or into the mountains. Or Cuenca, a bit further but beautiful.
!Y que tengas mucha suerte!