PDA

View Full Version : 14th November Sexy Ryanair awards?

chopper2004
15th Nov 2007, 20:30
Got an email alert one of many , and one particualr press release from Ryanair referring to some Sexy stewardess awards or sponsored sexy awards in London last night? ANy clues

Abusing_the_sky
15th Nov 2007, 21:58
just speculating but maybe it has to do with the Ryanair calendar that is suppose to come out... We haven't seen it yet, but allegedly there is a crew member chosen beforehand to pose representing each month of the year... Of course we will have to SELL them on board. Guess time will tell...

Take care.
rgds, ATS

chopper2004
16th Nov 2007, 12:22
Thanks for that ATSthink I saw the front cover of the calendar this morning by email and report from London Telegraph...my hats go off to the ladies...very stunning, beautiful model like and down to earth.

Any chance of purchasing the calendars outright or do I need to fly?:)

:)

Actually never flown fro Ryanair and would love to soon and admire the uniforms. Very nice elegant stylish simple and sexy...the 3 s's!!

Thanks again take care and have a good weekend

Nick22
16th Nov 2007, 12:29
A little preview:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=494403&in_page_id=1770

Virginia
16th Nov 2007, 17:47
How classy...wouldn't happen at Virgin! :yuk:

TightSlot
17th Nov 2007, 00:34
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_02/ryanair21611_468x558.jpg

Occasionally, I get irritated enough to emerge snarling from my cave and spread death and destruction to the outside world, before creeping back inside to gnaw on some childrens' bones: Usually this is because of some breach of the rules by a newbie that hasn't bothered to read the FAQ - this time, it's actually about the issue...

Aaah Ryanair - the airline that does for Cabin Crew what Myxomatosis did for Rabbits. For the past decade we've had to watch as they destroyed everything that I valued about this career: Everything that made flying if not pleasant, at least tolerable has been cheapened, demeaned or removed. There are plenty of other low-cost airlines in the world (Southwest, Jet Blue or maybe even EZ) that manage to do the job, and make profits, without treating their staff and customers in the unique manner pioneered by MOL.

Ryanair gambled that there would be people in the world that were so desperate to be Cabin Crew that they would actually pay a prospective employer for the privilege of working for them - and boy, were they ever right! Even better, the crew get worked to the max and leave within 5 years or less, exhausted but most importantly, not staying long enough to drive wages up: How many high time crew are there at Ryanair? I'd be fascinated to know - maybe I'm wrong?

A lot of people over many years have worked hard to try and enhance the image of cabin crew. Females as airhead sluts and males as trivial fags is a stereotype that still exists, but to a lesser degree. Let's ask ourselves how this calendar contributes to this situation? No doubt there'll be a stream of people telling me to loosen up and enjoy some harmless fun - well, here's my answer. I have to put up with Ryanair employing foreign crew that are so desperate to undercut UK wages that they are willing to pay to work here because that is the law, and that is also capitalism in action. I have to put up with the constant redundancies, cut-backs and penny-pinching in my company because Ryanair are currently setting the aviation agenda in Europe and that is how it goes. I have to put up with this, but I don't have to like it, or like those involved in it - and I especially don't have to in any way admire those whose contribution to the industry is 5 years on minimum rest on a 737-800 and a bikini photo-shoot sucking on the inflation pipe of a lifejacket.

Make no mistake, this is Ryanair publicity, this time dressed up as a charitable exercise. It's appealing to the lowest common denominator (sex) without even a pretense of originality, subtlety or wit - "fly us and she might shag you" is pretty much where this is at: Well here's the news folks - she probably won't, assuming she could understand English well enough in the first place, and anyway she never has enough time off for that sort of thing!

Right! that's it - back in the cave now - I'll probably be in trouble in the morning for writing this. If this is the future of our chosen career, then we might as well cut all the profiling and clever stuff out at interview and just save time by turning up in a bikini and baby oil.
:yuk:

sinala1
17th Nov 2007, 02:59
:ooh:

TightSlot I didn't know you had it in you! Gotta say I agree with all your sentiments, bar one - I don't have anything against the crew involved. MOL, though - well thats a different story, one thats certainly not suitable for a family timeslot.

vinayak
17th Nov 2007, 04:46
looking forward to buy them :D:}:}

BEagle
17th Nov 2007, 12:57
If the Ryanair ladies volunteered to do this and it was for charity, then they deserve congratulations.

But if it's just a publicity-grabbing con trick by Mikey-the-Pikey, and they are just a bunch of cheaply bought 'glamour' models, then it belongs in the bin.

dollydaydream
17th Nov 2007, 12:58
Well said tightslot. I find the whole situation sad and pathetic, if these poor creatures desperate for fame(?) feel the only way to achieve it is by taking their clothes off there are many other avenues open to them.
And before anyone tells me to 'lighten up', from what I have seen there is nothing 'light' or remotely humorous about this calender unlike previous examples of workers getting their kit off to raise money for charity!
I assume any profits from this will go to Ryanair.!

Would you let your daughters do it??

fireflybob
17th Nov 2007, 13:24
Where are the stewards - or perhaps I should say male cabin crew?

VS-LHRCSA
17th Nov 2007, 13:37
On the Queen Mary.

Ryanair does not have "stewards". No airlines do.

pilot999
17th Nov 2007, 16:36
damn. I must have missed the photo's where they took of their clothes, Nicola has certainly got what it takes. good choice putting her in their.

MuttleyJ
17th Nov 2007, 17:41
:DWell said Tightslot, what an excellent post, very well-written.

I'm no prude and I know this is for charity but come on girls isn't this taking women's rights back to the 70s???? Of course it's nice as a girl to be sexy but this is sl*tty. I don't like being letched over by some fat sweaty dribbling perv whilst doing my job and this certainly won't help a stewardess's reputation. :(

roll_over
17th Nov 2007, 18:33
I have no problem with girls not wearing much, but this justs seem so tacky, it doesn't really instill a professional and safe image for the airline.

heidelberg
17th Nov 2007, 19:08
Well done Tightslot!
Your 'caveman' like utterances has provided the exposure, for Ryanair's calendar you so despise, that money couldn't buy. (Back to your cave!).
The money raised from the sale of the calendars is going to a very good cause - a cause that depends totally on charitable donations. Believe it or not they do NOT get any Irish government aid.
The charity is described as follows - c and p from their website:
'Angels Quest seeks the provision of purpose designed respite care facilities for children and young adults with intellectual and physical disabilities. A welcoming, reliable home-from-home which gives families a much needed break, with peace of mind, from the continuous demands of caring at home for their 'angel’ with special needs'.
For more info click on - http://www.angelsquest.ie/
I have no connection whatsoever with 'Angels Quest' but I will purchase the calendar satisfied in the knowledge the proceeds are going to them.

Abusing_the_sky
17th Nov 2007, 21:48
For those of you who doubt the fact that the money won't go to the charity organization. You need to bare in mind that Ryanair makes 600 million € profit per year (roughly). They have 3 BILLION € in cash in bank accounts that economists say it could keep the airline running for 2 years without charging any pax. So think twice before shouting "it's slutty, it's a disgrace, it's a shame brought to the airline and staff, it's all a lie, they just wanna make more and more money..." IT'S ALL FOR A VERY GOOD CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THOSE WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US.... I ask all the men out there (and women, by all means sexual orienation now-a-days shouldn't be an issue): If you had £5 to spend and you want to help someone, make a difference, when offered the solution (the oh so over discussed calendar), would you buy a calendar with young good looking women, who still have the job title CABIN CREW (every man's sexual fantasy) regardless the airline they work for, for a good cause or a calendar with puppies (and God do I love animals but let's be honest here) or nice pics of planets or the Wild Wild West?
It's a marketing masterpiece, a small tribute and attention to those less fortunate than us(yes, i know i said it before but maybe by repeating myself you'll get my point), and regardless of all the other very, VERY wrong things going on in MOL's Doll House (I will not go down that road now), hat's off to whoever was behind this idea.

Take care.
Rgds,
ATS

chopper2004
17th Nov 2007, 22:45
ATS,

i agree wholeheartedly with you and look forward to my first flight on Ryanair

I am also looking forward to purchase the calendar

Take care and have a good weekend

dc9-32
19th Nov 2007, 08:40
Surely if MOL wants to give to a charity, he should just dip into his own pocket rather than exploiting his cabin crew.

And having been up close to Nicola, I can confirm she is a babe however :O

32000feet
22nd Nov 2007, 10:54
calender costs 15 euro,the shots were taken in Girona airport,on 19th sept.they pay nice hotel for the girls and even gave 200euro for the bikinis ,extc.but thats about it,someof the girls are not happy with the pictures they put in.anyway it was their choice.....

panda-k-bear
22nd Nov 2007, 11:37
In fact for those who won't be flying Ryanair in the near term (ummm - that doesn't sound how I meant it - it's only that I don't have planned flights with them, not that I'm in a strop about them) and still wishing to support the charity (or just get girlie a calendar...), the calendar can also be purchased online (from ryanaircalendar.com).

TightSlot
22nd Nov 2007, 18:35
someof the girls are not happy with the pictures they put in

Really? Which aspect of being upside down wearing a bikini and stilletos in an engine intake do they feel is not what they were expecting to be published?

Sikiri
4th Jan 2008, 13:29
I am guessing much has been said about the Ryanair Calendar already. But, I wondered what cabin crew members think about this themselves. Is it a good way to help a charity and/or to bring your employer in the news. Or, is it a disgrace to your profession? Also, to people working at Ryanair, how was the response by SLF?

As for my thoughts, I myself am a happy owner of the calendar. I needed a calendar, and being an aerospace engineering student, a calendar with both aircraft and good looking women is just what i wanted. Helping a good cause at the same time, even better!
And I have to say that I I would not mind meeting misses January when flying from weeze airport. :p

VS-LHRCSA
4th Jan 2008, 18:36
There's no way I'd be letting MY daughter be in it.

From a crew perspective, I think it's demeaning and does nothing for the profession. If they were everyday crew, not just a selected few - and in uniform - then I would think a little differently.

Of course, this is my opinion but I doubt if a unionised airline would be allowed to do such a thing.

javafox
8th Jan 2008, 18:03
I agree 100% with TightSlot's post. Though, I reckon it's reassuring to remember that when in doubt, sex (skin/the illusion of sex/etc) sells. :sad:

star84
11th Jan 2008, 00:34
well said tightslot :)

Having said that, man I wish I looked like those girls. People have to realise that cabin crew are normal people, and we come in all shapes and sizes. It shouldnt be about what you look like, but what you are like as a person. I bet this calender will sell like hot cakes.

Dolley
14th Jan 2008, 21:52
I just wish they would have done it in a more classy way.
I agree with tightslot in many ways but sooner or later something like this was going to happen....and I bet it won't be the last one either!

But the standard of it....it's just cheap and nasty, no surprise the girls aren't necessarily happy with the pictures (Although, how often have you heard a girl say: 'I really like that picture of me.'?!). I know I wouldn't be.

As for the message: 'Fly with us, she might shag you!'....I rather have the people who respond to this kind of message on a Ryanair aircraft than on one of ours anyway...but saying that, I don't understand why anybody would fly with them, or work for them (I do up to a point in case of the Eastern Europeans), promised shag or not, but that's just me...

Abusing_the_sky
16th Jan 2008, 00:00
Overall i understand where you're coming from.... But!! :
"I don't understand why anybody would fly with them, or work for them (I do up to a point in case of the Eastern Europeans), promised shag or not, but that's just me..." is a bit confusing.

You see, for an Eatern European, English is not his/hers native language. This morning a friend of mine (who happens to be Polish) was raging at your post. What she understood reading your post, was that if she's from Eastern Europe, and on top works for Ryanair, she's being looked at and thought of being a slag and she was basically feeling like a piece of :mad: you just stepped in. Just because by the time we had our 10th kettle and maybe, just maybe, they were still boiling water in an old pan for their tea, doesn't mean that they are less human then us. They were just born in a different country, with a different culture, economy and so on.

And here was I thinking that race, culture, where you're coming from wasn't suppose to be an issue on this site... But then again, that's just me.

Rgds,
ATS

PS: I've done maybe the same mistake as you, saying not very nice things about a certain nationality pax, been told off, learned my lesson... Hence i know what i'm talking about.

TightSlot
16th Jan 2008, 08:34
Hmmm....

I don't see that there a suggestion has been made that Eastern Europeans subscribe to moral standards that are in some way different, or lower than in the UK - In fact, you could make a case for the reverse being true: For example, Poland has a strong religious tradition that is much more dominant than in the UK.

It is true to say, however, that joining the EU has proved a bonanza for many of those Eastern European citizens that are prepared to endure the hardship of moving to other EU countries in the search for higher paid work - a fact that Ryanair (and other airlines) are happy to exploit. That's capitalism in action, and that's Life!!!

Some of those contributing to the Ryanair calendar are not even slightly Eastern European. I have an issue with the individual Cabin Crew involved, and with the airline, but not with any nationality. If Mods see anything on this (or other) threads that is racist, or attacking people in some other general way, it would be deleted.