PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Boarding

Alex 009
15th Nov 2007, 17:07
I booked a Ryanair ticket online and had the Priority Boarding included. What does it mean when it has 'Boarding Sequence' on the ticket?

MrSoft
15th Nov 2007, 23:08
Priority allows you to join a different queue at the gate. This queue boards first. Seat choice is a free for all once you reach the plane, but priority gives you first dibs before everyone else pours out from the other queue. The spectacle is not particularly dignified. A lot of rather inattentive pax seem to find their way into the wrong queue, and you must kill them in order to advance. Varies from airport to airport; Dublin being the most savage.

I don't think the boarding sequence number has any function now, since they introduced priority/non approach.

manintheback
16th Nov 2007, 09:43
When travelling on my own I always get on last. Watch the scrums die down, walk on in my own time, head for nearest avail middle seat usually in about row 3 - usually find out its two people travelling together who tried to grab the whole row by sitting in window and aisle. Inevitably one of them moves and you get said aisle or window.

car54
16th Nov 2007, 11:21
Priorty boarding is fine except when you are Bussed to the plane,priorty passengers go first but have to wait for the bus to fill before it goes to the aircraft.Depending on which door opens on the bus you will likely end up in a scrum at the steps.:hmm:

PAXboy
16th Nov 2007, 12:21
Out of interest Alex 009I booked a Ryanair ticket online and had the Priority Boarding included.Was that included by you - or did you realise too late that you had not included it out? ;)