PDA

View Full Version : Weight and class 1 medical

Rozzy
15th Nov 2007, 15:21
Hey, I'm 21, with a class 2 medical certificate. I'm currently about 2 weeks from submitting my application to the CTC Wings programme. The only thing that I believe is keeping me from the flight deck is my weight. I'm 6 foot and 2 inches tall, and I currently weigh in at 17 stone and 5 pounds. I have lost about 2 and a half stones since I passed my class two, and since I decided on my career, lost about 4 stone in total. Now I don't want to go down to Gatwick, pay up my 600 or so quid, and then be told "go away fatty". The AME who did my class 2 only mentioned my weight at the time, and as I have lost so much since, I want to know how much more I need to lose to pass a class 1, as the amount I need to lose will influence my timeframe.
Obviously being in peak fitness is one of my top priorities, but that is going to take time as I was a particularly lardy teenager, but I need to know how long before I can pass my medical. If that makes sense.

Cheers in advance for any answers.

Shamrock274
15th Nov 2007, 21:36
Hey Rozzy

Have a look at this mate

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=294452

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions

Rozzy
15th Nov 2007, 22:50
Awesome, in that case, I'v nothing to worry about.

All I have to do now is master the english language and I'm in!

Re-Heat
16th Nov 2007, 07:44
Don't stress - you'll benefit by reducing further for your own health (and being able to worry less about weight and balance in light aircraft), but for your purposes, some real fatties out there hold Class Ones!

gingernut
16th Nov 2007, 09:29
Previous posts on the same subject would suggest that this will not be an issue.

(Try a search).

Incidentally, how did you lose the 4 stone.

Rozzy
19th Nov 2007, 09:58
Not much to be honest, I changed my job, started seeing my girlfriend, and stopped going out on the beer as much.

Thats about all I changed, not been near a gym properly yet though, need to find some good running shoes and charge the ipod.